How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FqRYsqhrza1z.jpeg

The stuff I cited is literally evidence. The right nowadays would not consider the actions above. They have moved right of where they stood in those times.
The only fact in your post was nixon and china. The rest is speculation, hearsay or your opinion. Not evidence.

Fact is the left has gone insane, hard left, country be damned the past few years. This is evidence ... go back and watch sick willies sotu in 97 or 98 when he said, "the era of big government is over". Imagine any Dim saying that right now.

Last edited:
The only fact in your post was nixon and china. The rest is speculation, hearsay or your opinion. Not evidence.

Fact is the left has gone insane, hard left, country be damned the past few years. This is evidence ... go back and watch sick willies sotu in 97 or 98 when he said, "the era of bog government is over". Imagibe any Dim saying that rigjt now.
How is me listing what Nixon supported or passed hearsay? It's not.

All I did was post what he supported or passed and said conservatives today wouldn't support that agenda. The latter is an opinion but based on where conservative politics are currently at.

Your logic would be like someone saying the TCJA was passed under Trump and someone responding saying it's hearsay.

Fact is the left has gone insane, hard left, country be damned the past few years. This is evidence ... go back and watch sick willies sotu in 97 or 98 when he said, "the era of bog government is over". Imagine any Dim saying that right now.

Obviously true.

Can do it on most issues too...

They'd garner more respect if they weren't always lying, twisting the truth to serve their ends. They're just not serious people; no one can seriously make the case the country hasn't shifted much further left than where it was.

No one, at least, who pays attention and is capable of giving a competent, honest assessment like that Economist article I linked (which is a left of center publication except for some of their coverage on actual economics), all would be forced to admit the same conclusion: American politics have gone too far left for the American people, who are center right and haven't changed much at all except to the left on these stupid social issues in my lifetime.

How is me listing what Nixon supported or passed hearsay? It's not.

All I did was post what he supported or passed and said conservatives today wouldn't support that agenda. The latter is an opinion but based on where conservative politics are currently at.

Your logic would be like someone saying the TCJA was passed under Trump and someone responding saying it's hearsay.
Ok.

Now back to sick willie's sotu address. Do you know that sick willie passed welfare reform, which set limits on welfare recipients? Imagine a Dim today saying there should be limits on welfare? he also tried to strengthen the border. The real point that you are avoiding is the fact is the left has gone off the cliff.

Ok.

Now back to sick willie's sotu address. Do you know that sick willie passed welfare reform, which set limits on welfare recipients? Imagine a Dim today saying there should be limits on welfare? he also tried to strengthen the border. The real point that you are avoiding is the fact is the left has gone off the cliff.
I get that but based on this logic it would mean both sides are moving further from center, just in opposite directions. I say this because you're saying what I'm saying but the parties are flipped. It's not a zero sum game, it can be both.

All I pointed out was how conservatives are moving more to the right, used policies under Nixon to support that position and then stated how those positions wouldn't be supported by conservatives today.

Fact is the left has gone insane, hard left, country be damned the past few years. This is evidence ... go back and watch sick willies sotu in 97 or 98 when he said, "the era of big government is over". Imagine any Dim saying that right now.
Democrats and the country as a whole swung right in the 80s and 90s. Reagan, winning the Cold War, Wall Street, yadda yadda. Clinton was significantly more conservative than many previous liberal presidents. He was an outlier produced by the political climate of his day, not the norm.

Ok.

this is not the example i was looking for but it will serve QUITE nicely. took about 0.1 second to find it btw. all praise to algore for inventing the internet.

He praised our military, our founding fathers, and at least gave lip service to our families.
Ended with 3 points:
1) "all Americans who are willing to work..." (emphasis added)
2) "how do we preserve our old and enduring values"
3) how do we "meet these challenges together" (emphasis added)

Imagine any dim leader praising our founding fathers and trying to preserve our old values. LOL That is how far left they have gone.

this is not the example i was looking for but it will serve QUITE nicely. took about 0.1 second to find it btw. all praise to algore for inventing the internet.

He praised our military, our founding fathers, and at least gave lip service to our families.
Ended with 3 points:
1) "all Americans who are willing to work..." (emphasis added)
2) "how do we preserve our old and enduring values"
3) how do we "meet these challenges together" (emphasis added)

Imagine any dim leader praising our founding fathers and trying to preserve our old values. LOL That is how far left they have gone.
The right may have inched slightly rightward ... that depends if you include rinos. If you are including rinos, then the GOP has gone leftward.

The left has gone moonbat crazy.

The right may have inched slightly rightward ... that depends if you include rinos. If you are including rinos, then the GOP has gone leftward.

The left has gone moonbat crazy.
How the heck is the current party, including Rhinos, left of where the party of old used to be? That's what you're implying.

The party today including Rhinos wouldn't be in favor of any policy I listed under Nixon.

They hate regulations so stuff like the EPA, OSHA or the Clean Air Act wouldn't even be considered.

A minimum income for the poor definitely wouldn't be considered and that's something favored by Nixon.

Including Rhino's they've moved to the right, excluding them they've moved far right.

This could go all day, no more reason to go on.

I'm kind of surprised Trump endorsed him. Not too many years back he said some rather derogatory things about Trump...verbally and tweets. Of course the tweets got deleted. And of course Trump has a long memory. But with Dr. Oz I suspect it's personal. Vance worked for Peter Thiel and Thiel and Trump are close.
Didn't know Trump/Thiel relationship. Thiel endorsed Vance around January.

Reactions: jameslee32
This was posted on the front page of reddit yesterday for everyone to see how backward attitudes were just a few years ago. It immediately gets reposted here with the exact opposite intent. Very funny. Conservatism would be hilarious if it wasn't so disgusting.

Well, considering the woman who has gotten the closest to being president is an absolute disaster as VP, maybe those people opinions aren't so far off the mark.

And Hillary would have been much much worser.

Cops don't do a damn thing in the NYC Subway. I ride it often and all they do is stand there on their phones. Sequence of events from the shooting:
  • April 12, 8:15am: James shoots 10 people on a subway car in Brooklyn.
  • April 12, 9:15am: James boards the subway again traveling from Brooklyn to Manhattan.
  • April 12, evening: James either checks into or hangs out at at the Chelsea International Hotel, across the street from an NYPD police precinct.
  • April 13, 10:30am: James is spotted by multiple people sitting outside a restaurant in Chinatown charging his phone, and pictures of him are uploaded online with NYPD tagged. No police response.
  • April 13, ~12pm: James is seen again at Katz’s.
  • April 13, ~1pm: James calls Crime Stoppers from McDonald’s to turn himself in. NYPD precinct is a couple blocks away, by the time they get there he’s gone.
  • April 13, 1:42pm: James is finally apprehended at St. Mark’s two blocks away after yet another bystander flags down the NYPD.
NYPD are lazy as hell. 9 times out of 10 I see them they're sitting in their car on their phone. The hardest working cops in NY are the ones who direct traffic at intersections. More cops is not the answer.

Cops don't do a damn thing in the NYC Subway. I ride it often and all they do is stand there on their phones. Sequence of events from the shooting:
  • April 12, 9:15am: James boards the subway again traveling from Brooklyn to Manhattan.
  • April 12, evening: James either checks into or hangs out at at the Chelsea International Hotel, across the street from an NYPD police precinct.
  • April 13, 10:30am: James is spotted by multiple people sitting outside a restaurant in Chinatown charging his phone, and pictures of him are uploaded online with NYPD tagged. No police response.
  • April 13, ~1pm: James calls Crime Stoppers from McDonald’s to turn himself in. NYPD precinct is a couple blocks away, by the time they get there he’s gone.
  • April 13, 1:42pm: James is finally apprehended at St. Mark’s two blocks away after yet another bystander flags down the NYPD.
NYPD are lazy as hell. 9 times out of 10 I see them they're sitting in their car on their phone. The hardest working cops in NY are the ones who direct traffic at intersections. More cops is not the answer.
Coming from up there and try to convince us that the NYPD is all of a sudden incompetent, your last sentence is revealing since they are scared to death to arrest anybody with the liberal policies in place. Try again 🍺🇺🇸

Imagine that. Think we should defund them? That’ll probably work.

Reactions: trueblujr2
Imagine that. Think we should defund them? That’ll probably work.
Their budget is almost $6 billion a year as it is. They sure as hell don't need more damn money. The department needs to be more fiscally responsible and reform the corrupt police union so they can hold bad officers accountable so the good cops who work hard can advance in their careers. I would think conservatives would support fiscal responsibility and meritocracy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT