ADVERTISEMENT

People forget

Right. UK coaches are the onl;y coaches who ever mis-step. Those UK football fans with the "excuses" ought to ignore that our coach inherited a 2-10 team and now has us headed to our 2nd straight bowl. Of course. Thanks for helping us retards see how simple it is.

A new coach almost always inherits a train wreck. That’s usually why jobs are open.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Oh? Until now, I never realized how simple college football really is.

Well it certainly isn’t rocket science, if that’s what you mean. For instance, the OP seems to believe that games are won and lost on Rivals.com

Where does 2-10 appear on the excuse list and how long before it rolls off?

Well it certainly isn’t rocket science, if that’s what you mean. For instance, the OP seems to believe that games are won and lost on Rivals.com

Where does 2-10 appear on the excuse list and how long before it rolls off?
The OP's post was very simple to understand, but he didn't say games are won or lost on Rivals.com or anything of that sort.

Until Coach Stoops demands discipline in every phase of the game, we will continue to lose games against teams with more talent than we have.

Coach Stoops must be better prepared himself for in-game coaching. The mistakes he has made make it even harder for him to expect near perfect play from his players.

At UK, we have to make the least amount of mistakes in a game to overcome our deficiency in talent. I am hoping Coach Stoops is growing as much as he expects his players to grow.

Reactions: Kattopper
Right. UK coaches are the only coaches who ever mis-step. Those UK football fans with the "excuses" ought to just ignore and forget that our coach inherited a 2-10 team and now has us headed to our 2nd straight bowl. Of course. Thanks for helping us retards see how simple it is.
This 2-10 routine is getting old. What Stoops inherited was below even UK's standards. That was going to improve somewhat regardless of who we hired. Anyways that roster he inherited doesn't exist now. This is Stoops roster and he's judged on what he does now not what he inherited. By definition most coaches that are hired after the previous regime was fired inherit a mess.You don't get to hide behind that for the next 40 years however.

What's hard to understand is how badly we got boatraced when all we hear is how great a recruiter Stoops is. If our recruits are so great, then Stoops must really suck at player development because the scores against the better teams aren't changing.
There is iron in your words, Grasshopper.

You have hit on something important. I can't get all the way to concluding that our coaches haven't recruited well. Za'Darius Smith, Adrian Middleton, Josh Paschal were big gets. Bentley and McCall are major commitments. Not suggesting they are enough. Our coaches deserve credit for finding and developing Melvin Lewis, CJ Johnson, Quintin Bohanna. What happened to Meant, Hatcher, Tubman, Provitt isn't their fault. I would argue that Elam's underachieving career isn't their fault either, but there is no point in kicking a dead horse. At the end of the day, I have been saying here for 2 years that what separates UK from the top SEC tier now is lack of a consistent pass rush. If Stoops keeps adding edge talent like Paschal, Wright, Peters, this will get fixed. But our defense against the run won't improve significantly until we have a 3 deep interior with more players like Bohanna and Bentley. This year's class gets us part of the way there, but I believe your main conclusions remain true and pertinent today.
Bentley “may” be toying with us a bit per JR’s recruit signing plans, said he plans to visit UL and UT (for heaven’s sake) and won’t sign until February. I’m just saying.

Individual recruiting rankings only take you so far. Coaching, instilling a winning attitude, team chemistry, and guys giving 100% effort every play mean a lot more.

Wisconsin (3 & 4 star players) 11-0, Ohio State (lots of 5 stars) 9-2.

This 2-10 routine is getting old. What Stoops inherited was below even UK's standards. That was going to improve somewhat regardless of who we hired. Anyways that roster he inherited doesn't exist now. This is Stoops roster and he's judged on what he does now not what he inherited. By definition most coaches that are hired after the previous regime was fired inherit a mess.You don't get to hide behind that for the next 40 years however.
LOL! Who is hiding? Stoops is 7-4 now, not 2-10. Catch up time.

Good point. But, will it ever change? We are SEC and have the facilities. Should we be content or desire to play with the big boys?
Nobody is content, and nobody is suggesting we should be content. I have just been saying losing to the nation's #7 team on the road does not justify the avalanche of coach bashing today.

Reactions: Levibooty
What's hard to understand is how badly we got boatraced when all we hear is how great a recruiter Stoops is. If our recruits are so great, then Stoops must really suck at player development because the scores against the better teams aren't changing.

I think a lot of fans are duped by folks like Maggard and Marrow who are constantly pumping the sunshine about recruiting. Maggard because of his agenda to get a gig with the rights holder, which he did. Marrow because that’s what guys like him do - he’s so much like Claude Bassett is scary.

Those schools not only out recruit Kentucky but they have the support to hire better coaches. The score, suggesting that it should be this or that is as week as claiming a moral victory if UK had been within a score at the end. Only a miracle would have had UK beating Georgia on the road and if you are upset that one didn't happen that's on you.

No, no, no. I don't believe in moral victories. My point is that these games should be getting closer based on UK closing the talent gap and they don't seem to be. I never expected UK to beat UGA. So let me ask you an honest question though regarding the direction of the program. Would you rather see UK go down to Athens and get beat 42-13 and never be in the game after the first quarter?

Or, would you rather them go down to Athens and play tough through 3 quarters and possibly be in the game heading to the 4th. It's pretty much a no-brainer to me, I'd rather be competitive. It would have made me feel like the program was still heading upward. Look, Georgia I think still has a chance to get into the playoff and possibly win a national championship. They are a damn good team. But USCjr went in their a couple of weeks ago, the team UK beat somewhat soundly in Columbia and they played UGA tough. Is it really too much to expect that UK could have done the same thing?

No, no, no. I don't believe in moral victories. My point is that these games should be getting closer based on UK closing the talent gap and they don't seem to be. I never expected UK to beat UGA. So let me ask you an honest question though regarding the direction of the program. Would you rather see UK go down to Athens and get beat 42-13 and never be in the game after the first quarter?

Or, would you rather them go down to Athens and play tough through 3 quarters and possibly be in the game heading to the 4th. It's pretty much a no-brainer to me, I'd rather be competitive. It would have made me feel like the program was still heading upward. Look, Georgia I think still has a chance to get into the playoff and possibly win a national championship. They are a damn good team. But USCjr went in their a couple of weeks ago, the team UK beat somewhat soundly in Columbia and they played UGA tough. Is it really too much to expect that UK could have done the same thing?

The game I saw had UK within a score in the third quarter. I don't think the final score tells us much about Kentucky as it does Georgia. Last season they needed a late fg to beat UK. Did that make the Kentucky program about as good as the Georgia program? No, it told us UGA wasn't as good last season as they are this year.

I agree, the talent level was definitely tilted in their favor. No one would be too upset about this game had we taken care of business against Florida and ole miss.
This is really the whole thing, isn’t it? Nobody expected UK to beat Georgia, although a little more competitiveness would have been nice. But you get a pass on a game like this and even a game like Mississippi State IF you take care of the business that should get taken care of. That, unfortunately, hasn’t gotten done.

ADVERTISEMENT