ADVERTISEMENT

Options For Watching The Game For Cord Cutters?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
I am trying to plan ahead for the game next weekend and unfortunately Sling TV doesn't have that station (at least not in my package). I was going to try and watch it using the CBS Sports Network app and using my mom's cable login, but Spectrum/Time Warner wasn't listed for use with it.

I did see HULU listed as an option. Can anyone confirm that they carry that station on their streaming tv service? I might do their 7 day free trial for their service if so. I don't know of any other option besides someone streaming it on here.

I am trying to plan ahead for the game next weekend and unfortunately Sling TV doesn't have that station (at least not in my package). I was going to try and watch it using the CBS Sports Network app and using my mom's cable login, but Spectrum/Time Warner wasn't listed for use with it.

I did see HULU listed as an option. Can anyone confirm that they carry that station on their streaming tv service? I might do their 7 day free trial for their service if so. I don't know of any other option besides someone streaming it on here.
Someone here usually streams every game.
I cut my $120.00 a month cord 2 years ago and haven't missed a single game.
Ran a HDMI cable to my TV, love it.

Don't know if all of this is accurate but I found this info @ what-channel-is-cbssn-cbs-sports-network?

"The game’s about to start, and you’re looking for CBS Sports Network. That’s why you clicked on this link, isn’t it? I know you’re stressed out but it’s ok. I have the answers you’re looking for.

If you’re on DirecTV: channel 221; Dish: 158; Verizon Fios: 94. XFinity: 734. Those are the big carriers, and for all the others you can head right here and type in your zip code. CBSSN is on basically every major US cable provider.

Head here if you’re a cord cutting millennial who doesn’t have cable or would rather stream it, though you’ll still need a Hulu Live login."

Hulu offers a 7 day FREE trial for new subscribers.

Last edited:
Reactions: railroadkat_1
Sign up for Fubotv 7 day trial and login to CBSSports online with username password OR do what I do, learn the ad minimize pattern on Stream2Watch.eu and watch any game you want. I literally watched every game today on this streaming site with minimal buffering. Haven't had cable for almost 3 years now and my only regret is I didn't cut the cord sooner.

What's funny about cord cutting is the only stations you are in danger of missing out are the "free" over the air channels. I guess I'll have to get a HD antenna and take my chances. I seriously doubt the CBS sports app will work. It never seems to in the past.

I've been on a Hulu trial on Xbox one and Roku for the last week and I gotta admit it's been fantastic. Streams seem much more stable. It cost more than the sling TV package I had before but that's the beauty of sling I can go back at any time. The interface is just as clumsy as sling though but it looks nicer.

What's funny about cord cutting is the only stations you are in danger of missing out are the "free" over the air channels. I guess I'll have to get a HD antenna and take my chances. I seriously doubt the CBS sports app will work. It never seems to in the past.
Oddly there's no such thing as an HD antenna. All antennas are HD even over coax cable as long as the station broadcast in HD

Reactions: StubbornPenny

Bookmark this. Someone posted it a long time ago and think it's still being run.

Can you watch a stream on a smart ph? I'm not good with technology! I am a low tech man in a high Tech world!

UPDATE: Just want to give a heads up on the totinos 45 day trial of Hulu.
The totino's 45 day trial only applies to the basic ($7.99) package.
There is only a 7 day trial for HULUTV LIVE ($39.99) package.

I signed up for the totinos offer with a code only to discover that I would have to upgrade to get the UK game Sat. Now, I only have 7 day trial. No streaming for the HuluLive tv on Roku so I'll be using my laptop to stream from hulu.com.

How to stream from your laptop/pc:
From the help page:
"To access this new experience on hulu.com:

1. Ensure your browser and operating system meets these minimum requirements:
Supported browsers include Internet Explorer 11 or above, Firefox 15 or above, Safari 10 or above, and the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Edge
Supported operating systems include Microsoft Windows 10 and Macintosh OS X 10.11 or above
2. Sign in to your account on hulu.com
3. Hover over your account name in the top-right corner.
Select Watch Hulu with Live TV Beta
4. Enable location services for your browser. If you’re not prompted to do so automatically, here’s how for Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
Enjoy!"

Do a search on hulu for access instructions on other devices.

Hope this info helps.

Hulu trial includes SECNetwork (and other sport) stream channel(s). That is over 6 weeks of streaming access, half of the football season.
I haven't used mine yet. Plan to activate on Sat AM.
The tweet had a comment that someone couldn't get it to work and totinos offered a help link.

Last edited:
Reactions: childe
Hulu's TV Streaming offers CBS Sports Network. Also, DirecTV Now (I currently have this service) is supposed to be getting the channel as well. I just got the email a couple of weeks ago stating they had signed an agreement with CBS to offer their family of channels, and that will be one of the offerings.

It isn't showing on the guide at this time though...not sure when the agreement goes into effect. I'm going to do a free trial with Hulu as a backup if the channel isn't available by game day through DirecTV Now.

Pretty soon, the cord cutters will be back to paying what they used to pay for cable/satellite. They just won't be calling is cable/satellite.

They will, however, be calling it "expensive."

Pretty soon, the cord cutters will be back to paying what they used to pay for cable/satellite. They just won't be calling is cable/satellite.

That's not really how the internet works at all.

Nah. I own a radio.

I'm not forking over money for yet another service just to see the 3 games against directional state.

Only channel I can't get anymore that I actually want is TLC.

Nah. I own a radio.

I'm not forking over money for yet another service just to see the 3 games against directional state.

I think that's my point.

People are still "forking over money" for (an)other services to watch games.

In 1980, we had a small cable bill, a phone bill, and paid for long-distance calls.

Combine the amount spent then on those services, to what people pay today for cell/data, internet, and whatever programming packages they are paying for, whether over the Internet, or through cable/satellite.

Yes, it's better. But, nothing's really free.

You are paying for it, unless you are stealing it. (And that's been going on for a long time, too).

I think that's my point.

People are still "forking over money" for (an)other services to watch games.

In 1980, we had a small cable bill, a phone bill, and paid for long-distance calls.

Combine the amount spent then on those services, to what people pay today for cell/data, internet, and whatever programming packages they are paying for, whether over the Internet, or through cable/satellite.

Yes, it's better. But, nothing's really free.

You are paying for it, unless you are stealing it. (And that's been going on for a long time, too).
Let them. A fool and his money...

You neglect the idea that some will just stop watching and find something else to do. This is me. I don't watch 1/10th of the TV I used to, and that is largely due to cost. Sports account for the large majority of my TV viewing, and if they want to get shitty with that, again, I have a radio.

Yes, I pay for it. I went from paying nearly $200 month for HD cable that I never watched to $50/month for Sling and some Rokus that paid for themselves within the first year of use. I am still amazed at how often I don't even watch Sling, but I have to maintain it for the kids and sports. Regardless, I'm pocketing $150/month by not being completely tethered to a picture box. I remember our cable bill in the mid 80's topping $40, so I'm not sweating it right now.

Let them. A fool and his money...

You neglect the idea that some will just stop watching and find something else to do. This is me. I don't watch 1/10th of the TV I used to, and that is largely due to cost. Sports account for the large majority of my TV viewing, and if they want to get shitty with that, again, I have a radio.

Yes, I pay for it. I went from paying nearly $200 month for HD cable that I never watched to $50/month for Sling and some Rokus that paid for themselves within the first year of use. I am still amazed at how often I don't even watch Sling, but I have to maintain it for the kids and sports. Regardless, I'm pocketing $150/month by not being completely tethered to a picture box. I remember our cable bill in the mid 80's topping $40, so I'm not sweating it right now.

I didn't neglect it.

I'm talking to people on a sports message board who are discussing how they can watch a game on a second-tier network on Saturday.

Seems like the target audience.

I am curious: How much was your Internet and Cell Phone bill in the mid-'80's when your cable bill was $45?

Meanwhile, you say you are pocketing $150/month by paying for Sling and not Directv.

I pay roughly $75/month for Directv and I have CBS Sports Network. I will be able to watch the game on my TV (with DVR), or use my phone/tablet, or Apple TV.

I believe that on occasion, cord cutters overstate what they are saving, or underestimate what their total expenditures are.

Ignore the fools paying out the yingyang for garbage cable. Keep that cord cut! They want to keep subsidizing gsrbage outfits like TWC, Spectrum, that's on them. Those of us who've cut the cord have created legitimate competition in the marketplace finally.

Reactions: csrupp
I didn't neglect it.

I'm talking to people on a sports message board who are discussing how they can watch a game on a second-tier network on Saturday.

I am curious: How much was your Internet and Cell Phone bill in the mid-'80's when your cable bill was $45?

Meanwhile, you say you are pocketing $150/month by paying for Sling and not Directv.

I pay roughly $75/month for Directv and I have CBS Sports Network. I will be able to watch the game on my TV (with DVR), or use my phone/tablet, or Apple TV.

I believe that on occasion, cord cutters overstate what they are saving, or underestimate what their total expenditures are.
And how much are you paying for internet? I'm paying $70 for 100 meg internet and Sling TV w/SEC sports package combined. You're paying an extra $5 just for TV. I can watch on TV, phone, tablet just the same.

The costs when broken down are the same we're simply not paying for 60+ channels we will never watch.

Caveat, I'm a single guy. If you have wife, kids, then due to the wide disparity in tastes and needs yes, you would probably be paying as much with one of these services as you do with Direct or cable. But for single guys it is 110% the way to go.

I didn't neglect it.

Apples and oranges. We are talking TV bill... phone and internet are separate bills for separate services. Besides, the reduction in my cable bill is nearly enough to cover internet and phone, which only further negates your attempt at an argument.

You continue to miss the point that, yes, we would rather pay for other forms of entertainment rather than spend money on a service those of us who choose not to live in front of a device for entertainment, do not need. If you can watch TV in 12 different ways, congrats... I don't need that and I'm not wiling to pay for that service just for the Southern Miss game.

... not to mention the goofy-looking dish NOT on my roof. That's just gravy.

Apples and oranges. We are talking TV bill... phone and internet are separate bills for separate services. Besides, the reduction in my cable bill is nearly enough to cover internet and phone, which only further negates your attempt at an argument.

You continue to miss the point that, yes, we would rather pay for other forms of entertainment rather than spend money on a service those of us who choose not to live in front of a device for entertainment, do not need. If you can watch TV in 12 different ways, congrats... I don't need that and I'm not wiling to pay for that service just for the Southern Miss game.

Do me a favor. Cancel your Internet service, and then let me know how well your Sling TV works.

And how much are you paying for internet? I'm paying $70 for 100 meg internet and Sling TV w/SEC sports package combined. You're paying an extra $5 just for TV. I can watch on TV, phone, tablet just the same.

The costs when broken down are the same we're simply not paying for 60+ channels we will never watch.

Caveat, I'm a single guy. If you have wife, kids, then due to the wide disparity in tastes and needs yes, you would probably be paying as much with one of these services as you do with Direct or cable. But for single guys it is 110% the way to go.

I think that's the point. The costs, when broken down, are the same.

And they are actually higher than they used to be.

Most recognize that cable, in its current form, is a dying animal.

The point is that the media conglomerates are going to get theirs. It's just a matter of when the last few decide to pull the cable plug.

The media companies know it is happening, and have already created the new (and higher) revenue streams to keep them going.

People who keep cable (for now), keep it largely because they want better access to local channels, and want DVR capabilities.

Within a few years, that goes away.

Throw in the fact, that the same companies (Verizon, ATT), are also pulling in large cell/data bills each month, they still have a huge share of your wallet, even as you let the cable go.

Someone can call a data plan "a different service", and that's fine. It is a different service. It is still a service that almost everyone pays for and it's something they used to not pay for 20 years ago.

And the revenue is going to same people that provide cable service, the service that people are so proud to cut.

Again, it's about counting up the total media dollar spent, and being honest about whether we are really saving money, or if we are just shifting our expenditures around.

And we still haven't talked about what people pay for Netflix, Amazon (prime), Hulu, etc.

Reactions: CB3UK
Right. The people who provide programming services aren't capitalists.

They plan to give it all away.

The internet is not capitalistic.

I miss zero games, miss zero shows, watch zero commercials on regular shows and only see commercials when watching live sports. My total bill is zero dollars. If my landlord decided one day to no longer include internet in my rent cost, I'd pay 20 dollars a month.

The internet is not capitalistic.

I miss zero games, miss zero shows, watch zero commercials on regular shows and only see commercials when watching live sports. My total bill is zero dollars. If my landlord decided one day to no longer include internet in my rent cost, I'd pay 20 dollars a month.

I didn't say that the "Internet" was capitalistic.

The people who provide the cable, internet, cell, data, and programming however, are in the business of making money.

So, please tell me how you get all this without paying for any of it. I think the details would benefit all of us.

I didn't say that the "Internet" was capitalistic.

The people who provide the cable, internet, cell, data, and programming can however, are in the business of making money.

So, please tell me how you get all this without paying for any of it. I think the details would benefit all of us.

Strange, I thought I already had...

"I have the internet."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT