ADVERTISEMENT

Miami (OH) TV-It's only streaming. NO, you do not have to pay extra if you currently subscribe through cable/satellite/streaming service

I am. I 100% guarantee it. You probably watched volleyball games on it last year. You have to do it through either the ESPN website or an app on your TV if you have a smart TV or streaming device (Roku, Fire Stick..). I have another 3 1/2 hours in the car on my way to Florida for the game next week. I wouldn't put my phone number on here but if you can find a way to get it to me I could talk you through it.
Glenn, we have a Fire Stick. I will give it a shot. Thanks!

Safe travels!

Reactions: Glenn's take
I have at least average intelligence and have tried for an hour and fifteen minutes to figure out how to put it on my LL Big Screen TV.
ESPN has done everything to make it extremely,extremely difficult if not impossible to do without subscribing to their ten buck a month autopay scam even though I pay Spectrum for ESPN .
us the UL game simple to watch but we have to put up with this scam ?

Reactions: CGblue
I'm getting frustrated at all of the misinformation, but I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has so you can watch the game. OP summed it up pretty well.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SMART TV WITH THE ESPN APP, OR A ROKU OR FIRESTICK, THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WATCH IT ON YOUR TV.
YOU MUST HAVE AN ESPN APP ACCOUNT (WHICH IS FREE) FROM THERE IF YOU HAVE CABLE YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR CABLE CREDENTIALS SO YOU CAN WATCH IT ON SECN+.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CABLE THEN YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP FOR ESPN+ ($6.99/MONTH) IN ORDER TO WATCH

THE GAME IS NOT ON HULU OR YOUTUBE OR SPECTRUM OR WHATEVER. IT IS ON THE ESPN APP FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME.

One last tip. When trying to login, there should be one that says subscriber sign in and one that says provider sign in. You want the one that says PROVIDER login. Provider login is for what is available with your cable subscription. Subscription login is for ESPN Plus.
Also, on gameday there will be 2 streams available. One for SEC Network Plus and one for ESPN Plus. You need to pick SEC Network Plus. It tells you in the bottom right corner which one it is.

I'm getting frustrated at all of the misinformation, but I will be happy to answer any questions anyone has so you can watch the game. OP summed it up pretty well.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SMART TV WITH THE ESPN APP, OR A ROKU OR FIRESTICK, THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WATCH IT ON YOUR TV.
YOU MUST HAVE AN ESPN APP ACCOUNT (WHICH IS FREE) FROM THERE IF YOU HAVE CABLE YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR CABLE CREDENTIALS SO YOU CAN WATCH IT ON SECN+.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CABLE THEN YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP FOR ESPN+ ($6.99/MONTH) IN ORDER TO WATCH

THE GAME IS NOT ON HULU OR YOUTUBE OR SPECTRUM OR WHATEVER. IT IS ON THE ESPN APP FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME.
But the problem is when I do what you suggested ESPN does NOT give an option to provide your provider. Only option is to subscribe to their service monthly for 9.95 with auto pay or they are so kind as to give u a 15 per cent discount if you agree to this scam .
whoever made the decision to put our fan base in this position should b fired .

One last tip. When trying to login, there should be one that says subscriber sign in and one that says provider sign in. You want the one that says PROVIDER login. Provider login is for what is available with your cable subscription. Subscription login is for ESPN Plus.
Also, on gameday there will be 2 streams available. One for SEC Network Plus and one for ESPN Plus. You need to pick SEC Network Plus. It tells you in the bottom right corner which one it is.
I have looked and looked and there is NOT a provider sign in.

But the problem is when I do what you suggested ESPN does NOT give an option to provide your provider. Only option is to subscribe to their service monthly for 9.95 with auto pay or they are so kind as to give u a 15 per cent discount if you agree to this scam .
No no no. Open the ESPN app, click on watch. pick a program. It will prompt you I promise.

Do what I just told you to do. Pick a program, any game that's on now, it will ask you for your cable stuff.
Sorry . Did that and all I got was option to subscribe. I will spend Over 30 grand this year on UK for scholarships and sports tickets . I can afford their damn 995 per month but I’m mad as hell and not going to take it anymore .
I’ll just watch Ohio state / Notre Dame and . this is a scam to double charge loyal fans and I really resent it.

Sorry . Did that and all I got was option to subscribe. I will spend Over 30 grand this year on UK for scholarships and sports tickets . I can afford their damn 995 per month but I’m mad as hell and not going to take it anymore .
I’ll just watch Ohio state / Notre Dame and . this is a scam to double charge loyal fans and I really resent it.
If you have spectrum you have access. Clicking on a live TV program should prompt you to login

Reactions: STL_Cat
what ticks me off most is I know exactly how scams operate due to prosecuting them at one point in my life . ESPN and whatever genius at UK agreed to this KNOWS That most people will simply give up and pay their damn fee. frankly I would pay much more than that to not gave gone tru the last few hours of frustration.
However , I Will not b cheated . I’ll simoly watch another game .

Reactions: CGblue

If you have I phone go into settings, then under tv provider pick yours, then go log into ESPN plus app. I used to have dish but now have YouTube tv. ESPN plus kept only bringing up option for dish untill I changed settings.

same for me, but from what I understand every SEC team is being required to have one of their games subject to the ESPN+ ransom. So the bad guys are at Disney.

Reactions: gojvc

It's now $9.99.

same for me, but from what I understand every SEC team is being required to have one of their games subject to the ESPN+ ransom. So the bad guys are at Disney.
Don’t doubt it . Some corporate guys and ladies sitting around a table trying to figure how they can wring every last dollar out of fans .

Dropped my season football tickets five years ago and found less (four games no donation assessment) is better . Tired of long TV timeouts , no replays at games , not knowing game times until 12 days out screwing up planning,freezing November night games.

Now dropping two thirds of my round ball tickets due to too many worthless games and nine o’clock start times . Disney may pay the SEC schools a bunch but the schools shouldn’t complain when due to the SEC‘s don’t give a damn attitude about fans in the stands we just opt out .

hate to sound negative but the money,money money fans b damned attitude of ESPN and the schools really turns me off .

Don’t doubt it . Some corporate guys and ladies sitting around a table trying to figure how they can wring every last dollar out of fans .

Dropped my season football tickets five years ago and found less (four games no donation assessment) is better . Tired of long TV timeouts , no replays at games , not knowing game times until 12 days out screwing up planning,freezing November night games.

Now dropping two thirds of my round ball tickets due to too many worthless games and nine o’clock start times . Disney may pay the SEC schools a bunch but the schools shouldn’t complain when due to the SEC‘s don’t give a damn attitude about fans in the stands we just opt out .

hate to sound negative but the money,money money fans b damned attitude of ESPN and the schools really turns me off .
Is there a game on ESPN+ early today that I see if I can get so I can test to see if I can get the UK game tonight. I have Roku and have logged on ESPN?

Is there a game on ESPN+ early today that I see if I can get so I can test to see if I can get the UK game tonight. I have Roku and have logged on ESPN?
At 10:30 there is a volleyball game between Georgia and College of Charleston. If you can watch that then you can watch the game.

There are all kinds of them . I followed the instructions given above and found all kinds of plus games but could never find an option to select provider. Only thing I ever saw was to subscribe . Good luck .
My son whi is a lot more knowledgeable than me on such things said he had trouble with it but finally figured it out last season. He said he would rather have us just come to his house than fool with it which I said was fine .

There are all kinds of them . I followed the instructions given above and found all kinds of plus games but could never find an option to select provider. Only thing I ever saw was to subscribe . Good luck .
My son whi is a lot more knowledgeable than me on such things said he had trouble with it but finally figured it out last season. He said he would rather have us just come to his house than fool with it which I said was fine .
No, there are not all kinds of games on SEC Network Plus. There is the volleyball game I mentioned above at 10:30. That is the next thing on SEC Network Plus. 2 more volleyball games this afternoon. You're still not understanding the difference between SEC Network Plus and ESPN Plus.

Just checked and I got the volleyball ball. Should be ok for game Yea!
The last thing you need to remember is when you look for it come game time is to pick the correct stream. There will be 2. One that says ESPN Plus. You do NOT want that. You will want the one that says SEC Network Plus. If you choose ESPN Plus it will not work.

Reactions: DeadAhead
The last thing you need to remember is when you look for it come game time is to pick the correct stream. There will be 2. One that says ESPN Plus. You do NOT want that. You will want the one that says SEC Network Plus. If you choose ESPN Plus it will not work.
Thanks

Spectrum technical support just told me they do NOT have an agreement with the ESPN plus app and there will b no way to watch it on spectrum without paying the extra ten bucks directly to ESPN even though I subscribe to ESPN tru them.
So there young fellas put that in your Funk and waganells and smoke it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT