ADVERTISEMENT

Miami (OH) TV-It's only streaming. NO, you do not have to pay extra if you currently subscribe through cable/satellite/streaming service

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
I saw in another thread there are questions about this so I thought I would answer here. If everyone remembers, we went through this once in football and twice in basketball last year. It will be the same every year. 1 football and 2 basketball games will be streaming only.
Is the game on TV? No
Streaming is the only way to watch? Yes
If I pay for ESPN on cable/satellite do I need to pay extra for SEC Network Plus? No!!! No!!! it is included with your current cable/satellite.

AGAIN, DO I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA SEC NETWORK PLUS? NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! Please don't complain about this. You're wrong.

Feel free to complain from here on in if you want to complain about it being a pain in the butt. I would advise you to not only get over it but embrace it. FYI, it will get you a lot of the volleyball games not on SEC Network.

What do I need? Your cable/satellite/streaming log in for doing business online. If somehow you are someone that still gets a bill in the mail and send a check back you would need to set this up. Get that USER NAME and PASSWORD.

To watch on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phone... Go to the ESPN website/app and enter your user name and password. Click on the game link when it starts and it should have a watch option. There are actually a couple of different ways to navigate there.

To watch on TV. Figure out how to cast your device to the TV. The best thing to do is just go buy a Roku or other streaming stick. It's
$30 so no big deal. The ESPN app should already be on it. If not, download the app. Go to the settings in the top right corner (the little wheel) and go to log in with provider and enter your user name and password there.

Most smart tvs already have the ESPN app on them, so if you have a flat screen made in the last 5-8 years, you should be able to just log in on your TV. No casting necessary.

I saw in another thread there are questions about this so I thought I would answer here. If everyone remembers, we went through this once in football and twice in basketball last year. It will be the same every year. 1 football and 2 basketball games will be streaming only.
Is the game on TV? No
If I pay for ESPN on cable/satellite do I need to pay extra for SEC Network Plus? No!!! No!!! it is included with your current cable/satellite.

AGAIN, DO I HAVE TO PAY EXTRA SEC NETWORK PLUS? NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! Please don't complain about this. You're wrong.

Feel free to complain from here on in if you want to complain about it being a pain in the butt. I would advise you to not only get over it but embrace it. FYI, it will get you a lot of the volleyball games not on SEC Network.

What do I need? Your cable/satellite/streaming log in for doing business online. If somehow you are someone that still gets a bill in the mail and send a check back you would need to set this up. Get that USER NAME and PASSWORD.

To watch on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, phone... Go to the ESPN website/app and enter your user name and password. Click on the game link when it starts and it should have a watch option. There are actually a couple of different ways to navigate there.

To watch on TV. Figure out how to cast your device to the TV. The best thing to do is just go buy a Roku or other streaming stick. It's
$30 so no big deal. The ESPN app should already be on it. If not, download the app. Go to the settings in the top right corner (the little wheel) and go to log in with provider and enter your user name and password there.
Thanks

Reactions: Glenn's take
I will be at the game but I wonder, will the game be shown on replay at SEC Channel as usual?

I have logged in but it is asking for a subscription even though I am paying for ESPN in my cable bill. What should I do?
Same for me. I went through this BS last year for UT Chattanooga game. Ended up paying $6.95 and was unable to get the stream to work until halftime. Kept getting technical difficulties on a blue screen.

Pretty much lost my religion trying. Probably has something to do with living in TN.

Reactions: CGblue
You need to create an ESPN account, same as you have to make one to post on here. There will br an option to update your subscriptions where they will ask you to provide your cable info. That's how they know you're already paying for access

You need to create an ESPN account, same as you have to make one to post on here. There will br an option to update your subscriptions where they will ask you to provide your cable info. That's how they know you're already paying for access
I have done that but it tells me I have to pay for ESPN+

Reactions: kl40504 and KYJamm
Yes I do how can I watch it
Espn+ is a stream service that has a monthly fee
The first game is on espn+ cost$$
BUT if you have a cable/satellite/streaming service you pay for AND it includes the SEC network the game is on SEC+ for FREE
But you have to stream it with the espn app,
So open espn app it should ask for your cable/satellite/streaming provider and you log in. Once you do that you have access to all the espn/sec/acc, just scroll till you find sec+ or you can search by sports

Reactions: KYJamm
The game is on BOTH SEC Network+ and ESPN+. You can see both listed here: https://www.espn.com/search/_/appearance/dark/type/upcoming/q/kentucky.

So if you have a cable subscription with SEC Network ... you get it. If you don't have that subscription, you will have to buy ESPN+.

HERE IS A GOOD WAY TO TEST THAT YOU GET SEC NETWORK + ...

The UK volleyball teams plays Marquette this Friday at 7pm ET and Ohio on Sunday at 4pm ET. Both are on SEC Network+. If you can see them, you will see the football game. It is worth your time to test it out if you are unsure.

I have done that but it tells me I have to pay for ESPN+
ESPN+ is separate. You don't need it. The game will be on SECN+ and ESPN+. As long as you've logged into the ESPN app with your cable provider credentials, you'll be fine on gameday my man.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Is the game on TV? No

Does anyone know if you can record a stream?

Is the game on TV? No

Thanks for posting this. I had forgot about this and ordered ESPN+. And I screwed up and ordered yearly, so they immediately charged my cc $109. I canceled the same day but did not see a refund. Contacted ESPN and they said I had to request a refund? Wtf?
I canceled but they were just going to keep my money?

Thanks for posting this. I had forgot about this and ordered ESPN+. And I screwed up and ordered yearly, so they immediately charged my cc $109. I canceled the same day but did not see a refund. Contacted ESPN and they said I had to request a refund? Wtf?
I canceled but they were just going to keep my money?
I would keep it. I like to watch the volleyball team and am an NHL fan. ESPN+ is basically their Sunday Ticket. All but a few Capitals games were on it. Get the Hulu/Disney Plus/ESPN PLUS bundle.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The volleyball team plays at 7 on SEC Network Plus. If you can see that game, you can see the football game next week.

Reactions: CGblue
I'm getting so sick of this streaming crap. Even if you do have access to the stream you should avoid it. Use one of the unofficial streams instead. It's time we let ESPN know they can't sell us additional channels that we don't need.

I'm getting so sick of this streaming crap. Even if you do have access to the stream you should avoid it. Use one of the unofficial streams instead. It's time we let ESPN know they can't sell us additional channels that we don't need.
They aren't selling you anything. This is free with your cable or satellite subscription.

Reactions: STL_Cat and JASUN74
I have YouTube TV as my primary service and last year I found no other way to get ESPN+ but to fork over the $6.99 for a monthly subscription, which I cancelled after the game. At this point I would rather pay the ransom then spend more time trying figure out a work around.

I have YouTube TV as my primary service and last year I found no other way to get ESPN+ but to fork over the $6.99 for a monthly subscription, which I cancelled after the game. At this point I would rather pay the ransom then spend more time trying figure out a work around.

You don't get ESPN+ with YouTubeTV ... but you do get SEC Network+ access. That is what the UK game is on next Saturday. Since you have the ESPN networks through YTT, you don't need to subscribe to ESPN+.

You don't get ESPN+ with YouTubeTV ... but you do get SEC Network+ access. That is what the UK game is on next Saturday. Since you have the ESPN networks through YTT, you don't need to subscribe to ESPN+.
I couldn't find it on the menu so I emailed YouTube C/S and this was their response:

This is Christopher with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for taking the time to write an email about your inquiry with the availability of a game that will be broadcast from ESPN+ and SEC+.
As a sports fan myself, I want to make sure that I'll have access to the game of the team that I'm rooting for, or check my option on how to tune in on the upcoming game. I'd like to share that currently, both ESPN+ and SEC+ offer a separate streaming subscription that is not available on YouTube TV.
Should the game that you're inquiring about will be broadcast exclusively on these streaming services, I'm afraid that the game will not be available on YouTube TV. I would recommend checking on ESPN and the SEC website though, to check how you can stream the game for Saturday.
I hope this information helps answer your inquiry. Thanks again for your time today and for letting me share this information with you. Please let me know if you have other questions and I'll be here to help.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Is the game on TV? No

Informative take, Glenn. Thanks.

Reactions: Glenn's take
Austin - I'm wondering if that info still applies this year. ESPN+ is a pay for service, I don't' think you can just dial it up for free on your device, in fact ESPN is even putting some on-line articles behind the ESPN+ paywall now.

• Sad
Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT