ADVERTISEMENT

Next up - a desperate Ole Miss?

UKEE

Junior
Jan 28, 2003
Losers of their last 2 (including giving it away to the Vols at home and losing to Arkansas during the last minute of the game) and 3 out of their last 4.

How will UK bounce back against a desperate Ole Miss squad at Oxford?

How well do we match up if RT doesn't play?

I really don't know much about them as I've not seen anything other than the loss in the final seconds to TN.

Thoughts?

They looked solid vs TN outside of their one missed free-throw that cost them the game. Crowd was pretty intense as well. Won’t be that easy, especially if we lost too much of our confidence on Saturday.

Kermit Davis is a really good coach and will have a good game plan. But, I don’t think they match up very well with us. They don’t have much size, kinda like Auburn, and they are perimeter oriented.

I think.

Reactions: chevyman 50
I don't like this game without Travis.. any game really. Just have to survive. Don't care how bad we look or if we have to win in 6 OTs.. just get the win. Smoke Florida on Senior day, get some rest with the byes and make it to the SECTF.

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
Kentucky is more talented, better athletically, but Tyree is the type of player to kill you off the dribble that Kentucky has trouble defending..

Reactions: drgray1328
Problem is Kentucky is desperate to and angry

We've lost one game (and it was an ass kicking)...they've lost 3 out of 4 with the last 2 essentially given away at the end. I'm not sure who will be more angry. Also not sure if we will be intimidated as we have seemed during the last two games (well, first half of Arkansas as well as the entire UT game). Feels like another team laying in the weeds for us.....:(

This will be a hard game.

They don’t have much size, but like Auburn, their guards and wings are athletic and very very good.

They run a lot of pick and pop / screen and rolls / cuts. We have struggled with this at times.

Gonna come down to them hitting shots and us taking care of the ball.

Reactions: BassProCat
I don't like this game without Travis.. any game really. Just have to survive. Don't care how bad we look or if we have to win in 6 OTs.. just get the win. Smoke Florida on Senior day, get some rest with the byes and make it to the SECTF.

If we can’t beat ole Miss w/o RT then we aren’t who we think we are. This will be a more of an uptempo ala AU.

Contain their guards and we win. And obviously play much better on offense.

Reactions: drgray1328
Kermit Davis is a really good coach and will have a good game plan. But, I don’t think they match up very well with us. They don’t have much size, kinda like Auburn, and they are perimeter oriented.

I think.
I said this in another thread. They basically are a poor man's Auburn. Except they might have a little less skill than Auburn in the paint.

Reactions: BassProCat
If we start the ole Miss game the way we did the Arkansas and Tennessee games, it will be more than a tough game. The Cats have got to get their act back together or we might wind up with a high #3 seed in the NCAA. If we are paired with Duke at Louisville now, what level of a #2 seed are we?

Lets just hope they don't have a Tevin Mack type game against us. I watched Bama's game with LSU and Mack didn't even play much the second half, but he sure killed the cats. If we can keep someone from having a career high we can win.

Typical SEC West team - a bunch of athletic guys who may or may not be all that good at basketball but will play over their heads v. Kentucky.

This will be a hard game.

They don’t have much size, but like Auburn, their guards and wings are athletic and very very good.

They run a lot of pick and pop / screen and rolls / cuts. We have struggled with this at times.

Gonna come down to them hitting shots and us taking care of the ball.
I fully expect them to come out and have some unknown player hit about 5 three's. Someone always has a career game against us.

I fully expect them to come out and have some unknown player hit about 5 three's. Someone always has a career game against us.

Breein Tyree and Terrence Davis are legit. Ole Miss has dropped some games they shouldn’t have but they are a very very good team and Oxford will be rocking.

Not an easy game, especially without Reid. But I’m sure this board will explode and we will be deemed “not a Contender” if we lose.

Did you watch us versus the Vols?
yes, but dont act like their werent alot of intangibles going against UK in that one.
UK had just plastered UT 2 weeks ago, game was in UT, no Travis and UT has 3 Ls and Ole Miss has10, first game v them and Travis may play.

no comparison

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I was impressed at how well they shot the basketball against UT. They pushed the ball hard and had no problems pulling up from NBA range. Kermit Davis had a nice game plan for the Vols. They are undersized, but definitely a scrappy team.

UK should dominate the paint even without Travis and win the game, but I’ll be surprised if it’s not a dog fight.

We will probably lose. Lost momentum. Fortunately not the tourney so who cares. We will have our mojo back then

I was really hoping they’d beat Arkansas...now they need that win. I think it’s a good chance we get a L

The Cats won't miss Reid Travis near as much against Ole Miss as they did Tennessee...Ole Miss is more like Auburn in style of play.

The Cats guards got to get back on track and play a good game and if they do the Cats win.

It’s a dangerous and critical game for us. I don’t know if they are desperate, they are solidly in the field, but they are talented and at home. I’d say without Reid we are in serious jeopardy of losing this game at a time when we still have a shot at a 1 seed. I think the UT game was something of an anomaly, but this one will show what our Cats are or are not made of.

Typical gloom and doom posters after a loss.

Cancel the rest of the season. ITS OVER!

I think we are gonna lose Tuesday to a really good and desperate ole miss team.

But the season isn’t over and we still get to Minneapolis. Just tough right now without Reid.

The Cats won't miss Reid Travis near as much against Ole Miss as they did Tennessee...Ole Miss is more like Auburn in style of play.

The Cats guards got to get back on track and play a good game and if they do the Cats win.
What about the big guy Ole Miss has in the middle? Any chance he'll cause us major problems?

What about the big guy Ole Miss has in the middle? Any chance he'll cause us major problems?

They play 3 guards and a wing. Majority of their scoring comes from Davis and Tyree. Similar to Auburn but rely less on 3’s and run really nice sets and cuts.

Gonna be the hardest game defensively we have played in quite some time.

Doesn’t change that we are a contender, one way or another.

Losers of their last 2 (including giving it away to the Vols at home and losing to Arkansas during the last minute of the game) and 3 out of their last 4.

How will UK bounce back against a desperate Ole Miss squad at Oxford?

How well do we match up if RT doesn't play?

I really don't know much about them as I've not seen anything other than the loss in the final seconds to TN.

Thoughts?

It will be a hard road game. I hope we have Reid back for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT