ADVERTISEMENT

ARZ pretender??? Resume of a poser.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
So while watching a podcast, field of 68, people are bashing Tennessee in the online comments and talking about how much better Arizona is. So I took a look.

I like most of you hate TN. So this is more about how much a pretender ARZ is.

TN worse loss is @ TXAM #58

ARZ worse losses are:
#120 Stanford 12-16
#162 OregonSt 11-17
Both worse than our loss to UNCW. This post isn't about us, but we have 0 losses to losing teams they have 2.
Hell they lost to WashSt at home last week.

The Pac12 is pure trash and ARZ hasn't beaten a team inside the top 30 since last year, Dec. 20th 2023. Their biggest wins by far are Dook and Bama last year and nothing for awhile. They have a Quad 3 loss and play in a bad conference but are looked at as a 1 seed? How in the f#@k?

I can only wish if they are a one seed that we are in their region. Hell, weren't they and Ayton a 1 when Oats and Buffalo took them out early?

Last edited:
So while watching a podcast, field of 68, people are bashing Tennessee in the online comments and talking about how much better Arizona is. So I took a look.

ARZ worse losses are:
#120 Stanford 12-16
#162 OregonSt 11-17
Both worse than our loss to UNCW. This post isn't about us, but we have 0 losses to losing teams they have 2.

The Pac12 is pure trash and ARZ hasn't beaten a team inside the top 30 since last year, Dec. 20th 2023. Their biggest wins by far are Dook and Bama last year and nothing for awhile. They have a Quad 3 loss and play in a bad conference but are looked at as a 1 seed? How in the f#@k?

I can only wish if they are a one seed that we are in their region. Hell, weren't they and Ayton a 1 when Oats and Buffalo took them out early?

They were the 4 seed that year. It was 2018. Virginia was our 1 and that was the year Virginia lost to UMBC or w/e in the first round.

A lot of people had picked Zona out of that Region anyways. Then they lost in the first round to Buffalo. I think more people were shocked by that one than the virginia loss.

They were the 4 seed that year. It was 2018. Virginia was our 1 and that was the year Virginia lost to UMBC or w/e in the first round.

A lot of people had picked Zona out of that Region anyways. Then they lost in the first round to Buffalo. I think more people were shocked by that one than the virginia loss.
That's right. I just remember analyst going crazy about how Ayton and ARZ should win it all.

Look at their resume this year. No good wins in 2023 inside the top 30. Best win is Colorado. Last 2 months only wins against top 50 is Colorado and Utah. Have a Quad 3 loss and are talked about as a lock as a 1 seed.

Last edited:

ARZ worse losses are:
#120 Stanford 12-16
#162 OregonSt 11-17

Good post... UT has a pretty good ball team this year..... This proves that nationwide, the hate for the big orange knows no geographical bounds.

Heck it is what it is now. Whomever we get we will have our chance. We could bow out to a 13 seed or we could end up in the final four. It will just depend on matchups and if our guys are ready to play like this is the last game of the year. Each and every night starting Wednesday (last game at Rupp for a bunch), Saturday (last game of the regular season), SEC tourney and then NCAA tourney. They should have the mindset we are play for our very lives each game starting this week.

I myself watched Arizona physically woop Duke in Cameron at like Game 3 of the season.
I do NOT wanna play Arizona. It will be a battle we can lose. PASS.
Im sorry my brethren doubt you. Carry on

I myself watched Arizona physically woop Duke in Cameron at like Game 3 of the season.

History tells us teams that play in a weak conference usually don't adjust well in March. The pac 12 is about like Gonzaga conference this season.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
If we take care of business and stay in the top 4 seed line it will be against the rules to put us in Tennessee's region I believe.

If we are one of the top 4 ranked sec teams in the ncaa committees rankings that is correct. With apologies to SC, we will be IMO

ARZ worse losses are:
#120 Stanford 12-16
#162 OregonSt 11-17

Look at Kansas, they haven't dropped out of the top 10 all year and still projected as a #3 seed. That's horse turds!

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
History tells us teams that play in a weak conference usually don't adjust well in March. The pac 12 is about like Gonzaga conference this season.
Gonzaga has made five Elite 8s since 2015 and had two title game appearances. Houston has made the Final Four and Elite 8 in two of the last three years from a weak conference. Great teams from weaker conferences do just fine.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I was thinking about them as a 1 seed yesterday and although any team outside the top 3 won't look as good, I can see the argument why they're in no way a top seed and the NET rankings are flawed.

If people think Arizona isn't a scary team, then they're not watching enough basketball. Looking at schedule results isn't enough. They move the ball better than we do, they pass the ball better than we do. They rebound better than we do. We have 3 really good 3-point shooters, and Edwards and Z (who is great, but is typically under the basket). Arizona has 4 really good 3-point shooters and another guy who doesn't shoot as much but can knock it down. I'd love to face them in the Final Four, but absolutely no earlier.

Reactions: ukcatz12
Look at Kansas, they haven't dropped out of the top 10 all year and still projected as a #3 seed. That's horse turds!
Pollsters SHOULDN'T be looking ahead, but they are. The only way I see them doing anything in the tourney is if CoonHat doesn't choke on the sidelines, and Dickinkum and Harris go off.

If people think Arizona isn't a scary team, then they're not watching enough basketball. Looking at schedule results isn't enough. They move the ball better than we do, they pass the ball better than we do. They rebound better than we do. We have 3 really good 3-point shooters, and Edwards and Z (who is great, but is typically under the basket). Arizona has 4 really good 3-point shooters and another guy who doesn't shoot as much but can knock it down. I'd love to face them in the Final Four, but absolutely no earlier.
I've watched a handful of their games this year and they are a very aggressive and physical team. It's a team of grown men who drive to the basket very explosively. Watch them after watching one of our games and it's glaringly obvious the difference. Not saying we couldn't win, but Arizona would make it very difficult for some of our guys.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I've watched a handful of their games this year and they are a very aggressive and physical team. It's a team of grown men who drive to the basket very explosively. Watch them after watching one of our games and it's glaringly obvious the difference. Not saying we couldn't win, but Arizona would make it very difficult for some of our guys.
Same here, I've floated in and out of games on YouTube TV, and it's obvious that we would get taken out of our gameplan. Guys like DJ, Edwards, Bradshaw wouldn't know what hit them. You wouldn't be able to play Tre or Ugo, they couldn't keep up. Dilly and Reeves would be out of control unless Reed / Cal could find a way to calm them down. I looked at Arizona's roster and they are HUGE. We'd get one big after another thrown at us, with one mission, to wear us down to oblivion. Meanwhile, Cal would be caught up in managing egos and throwing bandaids on booboo's. It's the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT