ADVERTISEMENT

10 games left. What ya got?

I think we match up better with Alabama than a Tennessee or South Carolina. If Alabama runs and speeds the game up, that will play to our advantage. If they slow it down and make the game a rock fight, you are probably right that the Cats will fold.
Bama has more weapons and can outgun Uk

At Vandy W
Gonzaga W
Ole Miss W
At Auburn L
At LSU W

Alabama W
At Miss St L
Arkansas W
Vanderbilt W
At Tennessee L

7-3

I think we match up better with Alabama than a Tennessee or South Carolina. If Alabama runs and speeds the game up, that will play to our advantage. If they slow it down and make the game a rock fight, you are probably right that the Cats will fold.
Georgia decided to run with us in the second half, ended up out scoring us 61 to 51.

Vanderbilt at home is the only game I feel confident about a win.

I predict 4-6 to finish out the season. This team is in a tail spin and I have no confidence with anyone in the program to fix the problems.

Reactions: Catman100
I don't think Alabama is all that good personally.

I think 8-2 is the answer. I'm hopeful we win at Tennessee (payback game), but lose to Auburn and Miss St. Ole Miss is the bellwether game. Can't have another Florida situation.

At Vandy W
Gonzaga W
Ole Miss W
At Auburn L
At LSU L

Alabama L
At Miss St L
Arkansas W
Vanderbilt W
At Tennessee L

5-5 to end the season is what I think happens

Best case 8-2 with losses at Auburn and UT but also I could see 4-6 with Zaga or Ole Miss being a loss on top of my above prediction.

Georgia decided to run with us in the second half, ended up out scoring us 61 to 51.
I think UGA had some help during that run. Remember that they shot 35 free throws to our 17, playing from behind. It helps when you get spotted that many free throws attempts.

Heart says: “F it! Win them all”

Logically: 6-4 or 5-5

Pessimism creeps in: 3-7 (not likely but I’m in a pi**y mood lately) At least A.T. gives me ‘some’ hope cuz he seems to at least TRY to leave it all on the court with his hustle

At Vandy-W
Gonzaga--L
Ole Miss-W
At Auburn -L
At LSU-L

Alabama-L
At Miss St-W
Arkansas-W
Vanderbilt-W
At Tennessee-L

5-5

We get Wagner/Mitchell back healthy, this team locks in defensively and we go on an insane run.
9 out of the next 10, Win SEC tourney going away and win the natty.

Screw sunshine pumping, we have awesome guards a top 10 prospect that will find his way soon and one of the 3 7footers will start asserting themselves as the alpha.

If it does not happen life still goes on for me, I am not nearly as emotional on it as I once was. It is just harder than it used to be, and young kids tend to let you down more than not.

I do however still believe this team has what it takes. They have to start believing it at some point.
This is also the same team that looked like a Final Four contender a couple of weeks ago. They can turn it around again and string a few wins together and I believe that will

Reactions: FanofUK
For me I think 7-3. But I can see anything 8-2 to 6-4 being a possibility. This weeks games will tell a lot. Does the team pack it in or do they have that fight to come out and play hard.
Even at 7-3 you lose. Two losses in the tournaments. Even if we win the SECT that's ten losses.

My W/L range as the UK ship is taking on water. 3-7 to 7-3

@Vandy (60% W)
Gonzaga (65% W)
Ole Miss (70% W)
@Auburn (75% L)
@LSU (55% L)
Alabama (60% L) Bama may drop 120 on UK!!! 😯
@Miss St (60% L)
Arkansas (85% W)
Vandy (90% W)
@Tennessee (75% L)

I think these next three are very winnable games that will make or break UK for the season.
Play good, win all three handily, build some confidence, play well enough to win at least one of next three, split the last four. Finish the regular season's last ten games at 5-5, 9-9 in SEC and 20-11 overall, playing in SEC tourney on Thursday in 2nd round.
Also, I believe if the ship is not turned around BIG TIME, there could be 1-3 player "Opt-Outs" with some magical injury before the regular season is over, if not already............
I like your post a lot. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle, so probably 5-5. Not a good outlook for such a promising team.

Who is playing and who isn't? That is the question that needs to be answered first in order to answer the original question.

I guess 5-5 is the safe bet right now.

Reactions: KYExtemper
5-5 with losses coming against UT, Bama, Auburn, and 2 of Ole Miss, Gonzaga. MSU and LSU. 4-6 would not suprise me at all.

Lose first round of SEC.

8/9 seed and lose first round.

Cal prove me wrong, please!
Unfortunately, I am leaning towards 1-9 with the way they have been playing. Hoping I am wrong, but nothing I have seen gives me much hope!!

8-2. Not really impressed with Auburn, so that is a winnable game also. Only SURE Loss is @ UT. I think we get right and go on a run. Call me crazy and optimist, but I will not quit on these guys. We will beat Bama at Rupp, win @ LSU and Miss State.

If the Cats can win any of their remaining games I will be very happy. Especially with the way they have played against the Cocks, Gators, and Vols.

5-5 with losses coming against UT, Bama, Auburn, and 2 of Ole Miss, Gonzaga. MSU and LSU. 4-6 would not suprise me at all.

Lose first round of SEC.

8/9 seed and lose first round.

Cal prove me wrong, please!
Unfortunately, this is where I am at. He has pissed away more talent than most could ever acquire. Defense is the easiest part of the game to teach.. but it starts with the desire to stop the man across from you and when they get by, the help defense has to attack. This team does not take pride in defense.

Reactions: jedwar
If DJ gets back and we get healthy 8-2 losses at UT and Auburn.

If not, 5-5 loses on the road to MSU, LSU, and to Bama at home

Agreed. LSU and MSU are both very physical.

I haven't seen that regarding LSU. They've been trying to be a run-and-gun team under McMahon. They're 4th in the SEC in tempo. Not great defensively either. We beat MSU and it didn't seem that physical to me, but they will be a different team playing down there.

I remember when Alabama was 9-5 and rated highly in the computers and people couldn't understand why.

Now they are sitting at top of the SEC standings

Ive got 7-3.... I think.

Ive got Auburn, Alabama, and UT as losses.

LSU and Miss State are toss-ups.

I don't know if I see 4-6, but 5-5 and 6-4 wouldn't surprise me.

Based on the the last few games, Vandy and Arkansas are the only opponents that I have a modicum of confidence in vanquishing.

I haven't seen that regarding LSU. They've been trying to be a run-and-gun team under McMahon. They're 4th in the SEC in tempo. Not great defensively either. We beat MSU and it didn't seem that physical to me, but they will be a different team playing down there.
Yeah, probably judge that mostly on those teams having athleticism, the scouting book on us now, and our typical road whistle. LSU has UK killer Jordan Wright at 230lbs who will be downhill all game. Their other big guard, Hannibal hurt us some last year as well, he is 220 or so.

Reactions: Padsfs07
At Vandy
Gonzaga
Ole Miss
At Auburn
At LSU

Alabama
At Miss St
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
At Tennessee

8-2 best case? L's at Auburn and Tenn.
4-6 worst case? L's all road games and one more home loss.

I am thinking 6-4.
Win the next 3 of 5. L's to Auburn and possibly Ole Miss or at LSU.
Then we go 4 of 5. L's At Tennessee. Worried we might lose one of the Alabama or Arkansas game.

This Vandy game is huge. Lose it and we could be in big trouble. As in season over may end up in NIT big trouble.
Hoping for 7-3 rest of the way, but 6-4 might be slightly more realistic.

At Vandy WIN
Gonzaga WIN
Ole Miss WIN
At Auburn LOSS
At LSU WIN

Alabama WIN (we need a Quad 1 home win)
At Miss St WIN
Arkansas WIN
Vanderbilt WIN
At Tennessee LOSS (we couldn't do it at home, we ain't doing it in Knoxville)

There's no way we lose the next 3 in a horrible spiral is there?

Many a better UK team has lost at Vandy.
Not the typical Gonzaga, but they have a pretty good coach.
Know nothing about Ole Miss except they are 18-4 and we are not protecting home turf like usual.

I am telling you, tomorrow is a HUGE game that nobody thought would be a huge game 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: jedwar
6-4. Vandy a win both games as well as beating hogs. I think we beat Ole Miss,Zags andI think we beat LSU. Lose to Bama, Auburn TN and Miss St.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT