ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Saving Face on Z

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
After Bilas called them out on National Television, and the new Sign, I think the NCAA headquarters wants to save face, so to speak, on not making it appear they caved to clearing Z. There is simply no rational excuse anymore and I know the topic has been beaten to death. I think now he will be cleared but again to make it look like they had legitimate research (and not because of pressure) the NCAA is going to take another week or two for the reasons above. But, when you watch Z on the bench clearly excited and cheering the team on and twice now making the long laborious flights (imagine at 7 feet height on these commercial airlines) it feels so shameful of whomever is behind this responsibility at the NCAA.

After Bilas called them out on National Television, and the new Sign, I think the NCAA headquarters wants to save face, so to speak, on not making it appear they caved to clearing Z. There is simply no rational excuse anymore and I know the topic has been beaten to death. I think now he will be cleared but again to make it look like they had legitimate research (and not because of pressue) the NCAA is going to take another week or two for the reasons above. But, when you watch Z on the bench clearly excited and cheering the team on and twice now making the long laborious flights (imagine at 7 feet height on these commercial airlines) it feels so shameful of whomever is behind this responsibility at the NCAA.
You think this based on what exactly?

I think what's sad is the kid came here to play a full season. Now 14 games in and no decision??? Only 17 regular seasons games left. How does anyone with a heart say to a kid, sorry if declared eligible you now have half a season to play thanks and good luck. And that's even if he gets cleared at all. All because the NCAA is incompetent in deciding in a timely manner eligibility.

The NCAA can’t clear him at this point. If they’re willing to hold him out for half a season just investigating, he’s done.

They’ll declare him ineligible and therefore their investigation will be justified…

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
They're really doing him a disservice by not making a decision at all, whichever way they decide. If eligible, great. If not, it's not crazy to think he'd like to go back home or go elsewhere to do training. It's truly crazy how long it's taking.

After Bilas called them out on National Television, and the new Sign, I think the NCAA headquarters wants to save face, so to speak, on not making it appear they caved to clearing Z. There is simply no rational excuse anymore and I know the topic has been beaten to death. I think now he will be cleared but again to make it look like they had legitimate research (and not because of pressure) the NCAA is going to take another week or two for the reasons above. But, when you watch Z on the bench clearly excited and cheering the team on and twice now making the long laborious flights (imagine at 7 feet height on these commercial airlines) it feels so shameful of whomever is behind this responsibility at the NCAA.
DIE NCAA DIE!

May have already been mentioned in this thread but if not just read Cal saying that the holdup is stipends that Z received playing in Croatia. He said that stipend was 200-300 dollars maybe. Cal said 'here we are in this country paying high school and college players thousands of dollars and the NCAA is hung up on a few hundred dollars this kid received.'

Reactions: Tida Nysage
Agree that the NCAA does things based on perception as much as anything.

I wouldn't be shocked if they hold off for another week and then cave.

This is so obviously a bias against UK. Anyone in their right mind can see that and now I don’t think they can clear him. They are gonna flex their muscles on this. If they clear him now it proves they have been pandering. Hopefully I’m wrong.

With Z out, its painful how much we miss Lance Ware. He would have been huge
Gabriel says

Say What Oh Hell No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
I really don't understand why colleges even listen to the NCAA anymore. Like someone said above they lose every single lawsuit that is brought against them. We know who is on the selection committee right? If we just give them the information and show them other similiar cases and get there approval we can just play him right in the NCAA's face.

Not saying this is true - and everyone on here really knows nothing and is just speculating - but what if Cal/UK knew all along that he'd never be eligible? And they brought him over here to collect NIL and be a great practice player against our other bigs before he goes to the NBA?

I don't really believe that's the case, but it's possible. And since nobody really knows anything, it's as viable a theory as any.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT