ADVERTISEMENT

Bruiser just confirmed why Big Z is on the bench...

Bruiser's an idiot. Was a miserable failure of a HC and clearly hasn't added anything of value here as an assistant.
I wouldn’t blame this on Bruiser. Ain’t a chance in hell he’d be giving this quote unless Cal wanted him to.

He’s just disseminating the party line explanation his boss wants out there for why our center minutes are being allocated as they are.

Sounds like the kind of name a pedophile would adopt...maybe it's Zipp [laughing]

ee8999387111fa07975552c13bbac358e93eefbc.jpg
What college team is keeping top recruit Candy on the bench?

If Cal were simply inept, that would be grounds enough for his dismissal. But he has to be inept and also a giant dick, too. Never in my wildest dreams did I think his tenure would completely fall apart the way it has. Truly bizarre and sad.

If he is controlling players minutes based on anything other than real-time game conditions, how is this not corrupt? Especially if money/current/future deals is in play.

Lol, only UK fans could see a player all of 34 minutes over 4 games (16 of them against a medicre UGA team) and convince themselves they know exactly what level of player he is and what they can expect his contributions to be if just given the chance.

I remember you very astute basketball minded people all saying similar about Dontaie Allen. He can't even get much PT at Western now.

Sydney Sweeney Laugh GIF by First We Feast

Lol, you guys are a riot! Don't ever change!
There seems to be several NBA people who think highly of Big Z but Allen isn't close to the player that Big Z is.

Calipari needs to adapt. 7ft players shoot three pointers in todays game Caliponzi! I know you think it’s 1995 but it’s not. That’s why you take a team of All Americans and get your ass kicked by less talented teams constantly. SMH

I'm already on record saying he would be better off in the WCC.
Are you serious about AA candidate though?
Here's the thing I can't get past, I've seen practices when I was a student at UK and later with a hookup from friends on the football staff.
That being said I never once seen a player who got no clock or didn't do much in games, kick ass in practice.
I can't believe Z is handing Ugo and Aaron their ass everyday in practice or that he shoots like the Ga game in practice.
Teague dominated Harrow everyday in practice so Ryan's play didn't surprise me that much other than his lack of heart.
BJ is the poster child for Cal's pet but Dontaie Allen never challenged him in practice.
DA was a last one there, first one out type.
Matt Jones always said pump the breaks on Z and Matt gets good info.
I don't think anyone seen Z Georgia performance coming.
We'll all know the truth in due time, just can't get behind the held back conspiracy at this time.
Did you ever see a player light it up in an actual game and STILL not get to play????

Asking for a friend.

Did you ever see a player light it up in an actual game and STILL not get to play????
Yes. A kid named Bryce Hopkins. Came off the bench and gave a stupendous performance that saved our asses and carried us to a comeback win over LSU. In the post- game press conference, his coach told us how he’d have to start playing him a LOT more now.

But instead that Coach buried him and never gave him significant minutes again.

said from day 1 that Bradshaw could not shoot or rebound. He couldn't do it high school against kids 6" shorter. This again is all handlers telling ccc what to do.
ccc has no spine to stand up to anyone but the fans. The program is a total laughing stock.
Totally agree. Anyone who watched Bradshaw play in HS and AAU knew that he was not a 5. Period. And, he nor his "people" want him to play 5.

He is also not a 4. Can't rebound. Can't defend a 4. And is a poor shooter.

He THINKS he is a 3. Can't make a 3. Can't defend a 3. No handle to drive to the basket.

Cal has sold out our program to this NBA BS.

I am so sick of his BS. He can't leave soon enough for me.

Yes. A kid named Bryce Hopkins. Came off the bench and gave a stupendous performance that saved our asses and carried us to a comeback win over LSU. In the post- game press conference, his coach told us how he’d have to start playing him a LOT more now.

But instead that Coach buried him and never gave him significant minutes again.
And Z. And DA. And Johnny Juzang. And Devin Booker. And Kyle Wilcher.

The list goes on and on wth this POS coach.

• Wow
Reactions: Big Blue in 502
Bruiser said "we ain't been losing to no bums!". That's because "YOU'RE THE BUMS!"
LOL at that comment. Then stop playing like bums! Can't guard a simple out of bounds play, something most guys learned in the Saturday morning Biddy League. Calipari has a bench full of assistants and none know how to coach defense.

If that was what he said one of craziest statements in history of mankind. Totally unreal. Cannot imagine

"[Big Z] was in the wrong spot, he just made shots." Diminishing his debut against UGA.

So Cal has no intention of playing him that way. That's why he's riding the bench, guys. Couple that with Cal's pregame comment about not trying to get Big Z baskets but to look inside for lobs to him.

Bruiser went on to say that he is "down the road" in terms of development.

Clearly Big Z embarrassed Cal by making all those shots and now he's being punished.

EDIT:

Notice what Cal is doing in the huddle. He draws up a play for Z to back screen and then post up in the paint. Z ignores this and hits 4 straight threes (yes he had a toe on the line for one) and Cal ain't having it!

I imagine Cal never thought Z would be eligible.It was all part of the excuse train he conducts.

"[Big Z] was in the wrong spot, he just made shots." Diminishing his debut against UGA.

So Cal has no intention of playing him that way. That's why he's riding the bench, guys. Couple that with Cal's pregame comment about not trying to get Big Z baskets but to look inside for lobs to him.

Bruiser went on to say that he is "down the road" in terms of development.

Clearly Big Z embarrassed Cal by making all those shots and now he's being punished.

EDIT:

Notice what Cal is doing in the huddle. He draws up a play for Z to back screen and then post up in the paint. Z ignores this and hits 4 straight threes (yes he had a toe on the line for one) and Cal ain't having it!

Cal is a freaking imbecile.

Just had another thought if what is being suggested is true. If Z was out of position and in the wrong place encourage him to continue as he was unguarded on offense several times and blocked interior shots defensively while grabbing rebounds. He performed better than when coached to ruin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT