ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Basketball Corruption Trial Week 2

There is a simple matter of investment. Shoe companies sponsor universities.

"The lucrative link between shoe and apparel companies and universities is a matter of public knowledge. Adidas' deal with Louisville is the company's second-largest with a university, behind only Kansas.

Portland Business Journal's database shows deals between public universities and apparel companies, including Nike, Under Armour and Adidas. Private schools are not included in the database.

These are the six largest college shoe and apparel deals, via ESPN's Darren Rovell:

UCLA & Under Armour: 15 years, $280 million
Ohio State & Nike: 15 years, $252 million
Texas & Nike: 15 years, $250 million
Kansas & Adidas: 14 years, $191 million
Michigan & Nike: 15 years, $173.8 million
Louisville & Adidas: 10 years, $160 million"

To protect this investment, the shoe companies need to make a return. This return is through shoe and apparel sales, among other miscellaneous streams. In order to market their brand they need winning products on the floor (why do you think the P5 teams get the biggest contracts?) and there lies the incentive to push players to the schools with the greatest investment.

It is that simple.
Except UL was offering money to buy players, in fact so was every other school involved in this. There were bids but Kansas was getting paid players for free without their knowledge, totally believable [laughing]

Pitino is coach 2, FBI claims Sean Miller on tape, Gassnola talking about buying players that other schools have an offer on already.

Bill Self no clue

Reactions: BBUK
Except UL was offering money to buy players, in fact so was every other school involved in this. There were bids but Kansas was getting paid players for free without their knowledge, totally believable [laughing]

You are distorting the reports from the trial and the responses I've posted. In fact, you are simply ignoring the facts and circumstances in evidence and stating an opinion not based in reality.

You are distorting the reports from the trial and the responses I've posted. In fact, you are simply ignoring the facts and circumstances in evidence and stating an opinion not based in reality.
Not surprised at all that you try to accuse me of what you and your cohorts have been doing. Your fan base is dishonest and disingenuous, you’re just like UNC and UL.

I'd be PISSED if I were Maryland after paying that much for players that went elsewhere. Where's my money, b*tch?

56c2495e90de9e8b38afee4e4eacd0e067ccbebb142e6cccc44f3291385670db.jpg

But of course players go to KU for free. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Not surprised at all that you try to accuse me of what you and your cohorts have been doing. Your fan base is dishonest and disingenuous, you’re just like UNC and UL.
Truer words were never spoken, the Jailhawks are just as DIRTY as UofSmell and UNCHEAT!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT