ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Basketball Corruption Trial Week 2

I can not understand why any of you would waste one second responding to Nooneputsbabyinacorner

That person is either a troll or 100% delusional

Either way, you are wasting your time communicating with Nooneputsbabyinacorner

I hope you can at least appreciate the irony of your post.

1. Money received from a Maryland booster. Not KU or to go to KU. When De Sousa decided he wanted to go to KU, the booster wanted to be reimbursed.

2. The money man is an AAU coach. All coaches develop relationships with AAU and High School coaches. That's how recruiting works.

Exonerated!!!

Money received. Doesn’t matter who. You think he got $60,000 to go to Maryland and just walked away from that to go to Kansas for free? Kansas? The shithole town of Lawrence?

He took money. That’s good enough for me and good enough for the NCAA to rule him permanently ineligible. They had no problem booting Preston, and I’m pretty sure DeSousa was paid more.

Gassnola testified that he paid Preston’s mother, Nicole Player, and her partner $89,000 over the span of almost one year. That included a $30,000 payout made in a New York hotel and a $20,000 one made in Las Vegas. Player’s partner received a $20,000 payment and Player also received a $15,000 payment and another for $4,000, according to testimony.

According to a text message shown in court, Gassnola wrote to Player on Sept. 22, 2017 that he had “money for u”, “4k” and he would send it later today or early tomorrow.

Gassnola testified that he paid Preston’s mother, Nicole Player, and her partner $89,000 over the span of almost one year. That included a $30,000 payout made in a New York hotel and a $20,000 one made in Las Vegas. Player’s partner received a $20,000 payment and Player also received a $15,000 payment and another for $4,000, according to testimony.

According to a text message shown in court, Gassnola wrote to Player on Sept. 22, 2017 that he had “money for u”, “4k” and he would send it later today or early tomorrow.
I could be mistaken but wasn't it Preston's mom who took to twitter to bash fans who weren't supporting him while he was sitting out last year. Funny how things work out. You would think the person getting paid would keep their mouth shut

Yeah nothing is going to happen to Kansas. That was a very favorable testimony. If anything at all DeSousa sits for a game or two this season. Morning implicates Ku and no money was put in Silvio’s hands.

Get ready for the game in Rupp

A reasonable person could surmise that the IRS will be interested in some of the info that is coming out of this trial. That will be some of these people's biggest mis-step.....

Reactions: Pickle_Rick
Dan Wetzel‏Verified account@DanWetzel 3h3 hours ago

Preston was suspended from KU when he crashed a Dodge Charger on campus. KU investigated and found it was registered to Preaton's grandmother in Florida who passed away. Was apparently satisfied with that (how many Grandmothers drive Dodge Chargers?)

26 replies 81 retweets 158 likes

Dan Wetzel‏Verified account@DanWetzel

However, KU discovered wire transfers from Gassnola to Preston's mother, Nichelle Player. Player had bought Preston the car. Per text messages Player admits to lying to KU by saying she and Gassnola were having an intimate relationship in an effort to make payments NCAA legal.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/oct/11/latest-testimony-college-basketball-corruption-tri/

Gassnola also testified that he paid $2,500 to current KU player Silvio De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, according to Norlander.

Gassnola meant to pay $20,000 to Falmagne to get De Sousa out of the $60,000 deal with a Maryland booster, but he never made the payment because the FBI made its investigation public, according to reports from Norlander and ESPN’s Jeff Borzello.

Gassnola testified that he recruited De Sousa to play for KU but never made the $20,000 payment, according to Norlander. The relationship between De Sousa and KU began when assistant baksetball coach Kurtis Townsend asked Gassnola to connect Falmagne with Adidas, Norlander reported.

Gassnola said he had a “brief” conversation with KU basketball coach Bill Self about the relationship, but said he never told Self about the payment, Norlander reported.

On Wednesday, Self said he would not comment on the trial until it ends.

However, KU discovered wire transfers from Gassnola to Preston's mother, Nichelle Player. Player had bought Preston the car. Per text messages Player admits to lying to KU by saying she and Gassnola were having an intimate relationship in an effort to make payments NCAA legal.[/QUOTE]
tenor.gif

That's ratchet af. [laughing]

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Squeaky Clean?......

How to Clean Any Kind of Dirty Surface
  • Aluminum. Here's a great cleaner for aluminum. ...
  • Brass. To clean and polish brass, make a paste of one part salt, one part flour, and one part vinegar. ...
  • Chrome. If your chrome faucets are less than sparkly, try rubbing them with flour. ...
  • Copper. Here's an unlikely cleaning tool—ketchup. ...
  • Fiberglass. ...
  • Cleaning Leather.

I could be mistaken but wasn't it Preston's mom who took to twitter to bash fans who weren't supporting him while he was sitting out last year. Funny how things work out. You would think the person getting paid would keep their mouth shut
This.

A reasonable person could surmise that the IRS will be interested in some of the info that is coming out of this trial. That will be some of these people's biggest mis-step.....
Good point. A lot of these folks are going to have even bigger headaches than they realize.

Dan Wetzel‏Verified account@DanWetzel

This afternoon Jim Gatto's defense atty, Mike Schachter, alleged that TJ Gassnola was asked by the high school coach of Diamond Stone for 150,000 for Stone's family for Stone to play college ball. Gassnola didn't pay it. Stone played at Maryland.

1:23 PM - 11 Oct 2018
3 replies 7 retweets 6 likes

1. Dan Wetzel‏Verified account@DanWetzel 7m7 minutes ago

Other than that Schachter wasted hours of time with meandering questions, annoying the judge and likely confusing the jury. Trial adjourned until Monday

1 reply 1 retweet 1 like

Matt Norlander‏Verified account@MattNorlander

Not a great afternoon in court. A lot of stop-and-go with bank statements and sustained objections as the defense (slowly) tried to establish its attack against Gassnola.

1:24 PM - 11 Oct 2018
  • 1 Like
3 replies 0 retweets 1 like

1. New conversation

2. Matt Norlander‏Verified account@MattNorlander 7m7 minutes ago

It was revealed under oath that Gassnola attempted to get Deandre Ayton’s mother permanent housing and a job in Arizona in an effort to recruit Ayton to the University of Kansas.

4 replies 9 retweets 8 likes

Gassnola said he felt he let Bill Self down in his outside recruiting efforts after Ayton committed to Arizona.

2 replies 12 retweets 6 likes

The defense brought up that Diamond Stone’s high school coach was asking for $150,000 “in order to recruit him for Adidas.” Gassnola and Adidas didn’t pursue this/such a high figure.

2 replies 1 retweet 1 like

Gassnola’s relationships with John Calipari, Self and Jim Larranaga were brought up, but that questioning didn’t lead to much dither proving. The defense appears to be far from done in cross — threads begun today may not connect until the trial continues on Monday morning.

Matt Norlander‏Verified account@MattNorlander

Not a great afternoon in court. A lot of stop-and-go with bank statements and sustained objections as the defense (slowly) tried to establish its attack against Gassnola.

1:24 PM - 11 Oct 2018
  • 1 Like
3 replies 0 retweets 1 like

1. New conversation

2. Matt Norlander‏Verified account@MattNorlander 7m7 minutes ago

It was revealed under oath that Gassnola attempted to get Deandre Ayton’s mother permanent housing and a job in Arizona in an effort to recruit Ayton to the University of Kansas.

4 replies 9 retweets 8 likes

Gassnola said he felt he let Bill Self down in his outside recruiting efforts after Ayton committed to Arizona.

2 replies 12 retweets 6 likes

The defense brought up that Diamond Stone’s high school coach was asking for $150,000 “in order to recruit him for Adidas.” Gassnola and Adidas didn’t pursue this/such a high figure.

2 replies 1 retweet 1 like

Gassnola’s relationships with John Calipari, Self and Jim Larranaga were brought up, but that questioning didn’t lead to much dither proving. The defense appears to be far from done in cross — threads begun today may not connect until the trial continues on Monday morning.

Calipari thrown in there for no reason given Larranaga and Self have been entwined in the trial all week.

EDIT: Oh wait, now I see why this moronic defense attorney decided to randomly throw Calipari's name in this mess - he's a HOOSIER. See link for where his dumb ass got his B.S.:

http://pdf9.willkie.com/pdfrenderer...com/professionals/s/schachter-michael-s?pdf=1

Ok I take back what I said earlier. Kansas has nothing but plausible deniability. And it keeps getting less plausible as we learn this guy steered more and more players to Lawrence.

There is also written proof that this guy told Self they were there to help.
Which by NCAA bylaw is defined as an Impermissible Extra Benefit. I'm not saying KU is screwed by any means, considering the ineptness of the NCAA; However, I am not sure I'd feel comfortable if I were a KU fan. The NCAA could absolutely take that final four away and be completely justified in doing so.

Yeah nothing is going to happen to Kansas. That was a very favorable testimony. If anything at all DeSousa sits for a game or two this season. Morning implicates Ku and no money was put in Silvio’s hands.

Get ready for the game in Rupp

Just when I thought cornercuck was the most idiotic KU fan, you post this shit. A couple of games for tens of thousands of dollars? Favorable testimony? It shows that Adidas is paying players, giving family members money and jobs, and doing everything they can to steer players to KU. Are you dumb? You are proud of this fact?

While I think De Sousa will have to sit out for taking money, I don't think it's clear that KU/Self knew about it, unfortunately.

We all know KU is dirty, but as far is this particular situation, I think it will be hard to pin it back on Self with just the evidence we have now. That isn't to say that more info could/will come out linking it back to Self and KU, ultimately.

So essentially where we are is.

1. Coaches can cheat as long as they make sure they personally have no connection to it.
2. Ignorance is now a reason to break rules. I wonder if this will fit with our new justice system as well....
3. There is no longer a rule that failure to monitor your program results in punishment.

I just want to make sure I know what the rules of the day are.

Coaches know who is and isn't on the take. They know when players take money. They know what types of people they recruit and who those recruits are around.

Bill Self knows full well what he's had on his rosters.

why did the defense try to ask about Gassnola and Calipari? funny how Gassnola didnt even bite because he and Cal dont have a relationship.
Because the defense attorney is an Indiana grad and it's my guess he just used his position in this trial to try and throw Calipari and UK out there to get Thamel and Forde to hop on and tweet it to no end.

It's how they got Capone. These guys ain't Capone.

For all the KU jailbirds, The Uncaa doesn't have to "prove" anything. They are not a court of law. I know you have decades of immunity to believe you are gonna skate once more, but you're placing your faith in one of the most unreliable bodies ever made. They have a history of letting one school skate while hammering another for the same violation. This time you're asking them to let you skate, after the Uncaa scandal, the Duke scandal, and the U6 hooker scandal. Do you really think they're gonna take one more black eye for your sorry asses? With this FBI investigation making national news? I'll quote Lucius Fox, "Good luck with that."

Just when I thought cornercuck was the most idiotic KU fan, you post this shit. A couple of games for tens of thousands of dollars? Favorable testimony? It shows that Adidas is paying players, giving family members money and jobs, and doing everything they can to steer players to KU. Are you dumb? You are proud of this fact?

Cheaters like cheating and are proud when they get away with it.

Didn't the NCAA close a loophole concerning family/guardians and payments after the Cam Newton debacle?

They did close a loophole on Cam Newton debacle but I can't remember what it was maybe someone else can fill us in on this.

They did close a loophole on Cam Newton debacle but I can't remember what it was maybe someone else can fill us in on this.
Basically Cecil Newton claimed he was paid and Cam had no idea. The NCAA later closed that loophole. Ignorance is no longer an excuse, so it doesn't really matter if KU staff knew or didn't ... if the NCAA is going to enforce their own bylaws. They've had trouble with that in the past, depending on the school.

So essentially where we are is.

1. Coaches can cheat as long as they make sure they personally have no connection to it.
2. Ignorance is now a reason to break rules. I wonder if this will fit with our new justice system as well....
3. There is no longer a rule that failure to monitor your program results in punishment.

I just want to make sure I know what the rules of the day are.

Coaches know who is and isn't on the take. They know when players take money. They know what types of people they recruit and who those recruits are around.

Bill Self knows full well what he's had on his rosters.
Hell he has had these type players since he’s be at Jailhawk University!! Every year !! Another Jailhawk player involved in something like this , but hey it’s must be ok because Ole honest Rug Doctor either doesn’t know anything or he just forgot about it !!

Reactions: morgousky

Am I cornercuck? And steering players to Maryland.

Schools are guilty by extension for their players violation, Preston knew. Gassnola can try to throw Self a preserver but it matters not as the player knew by text. Doesn’t matter if he played either, he signed with Kansas for money.

Buying players is a violation, players taking money to attend a school is a violation. Preston was bought to play for Kansas, doesn’t matter what Kansas knew even though we all know they were aware. You can’t buy players and who buys players for Kansas and Kansas has no clue? Hahaha, say that out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT