ADVERTISEMENT

My U of L source

Brohm is too smart to head to Lou while the whole university continues to free fall.
It's true. Why would Brohm have anything to do with U of L right now? Why would anyone with any sense or leverage, for that matter? They are going to wind up retreading someone who's already fallen off a pedestal somewhere, or someone growing old and afraid he'll never mount a pedestal. In either case, they'll really be doing it for the check. Brohm has more to concern himself with than a mere check.

Here's your shocker dark horse: Houston Nutt

Want another? Brent Pease

OK, so I'm the nut, but you get the idea.

Thing is, they are going to go down one of those roads, and it is going to prove a dead end, as we all know it usually does.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Joker is the WR coach at UC now.

I’d take him back at UK as the OC right now.

He sent THREE WRs to very good pro careers from the 07 team, two LATE 5.5 three stars AND a JC two star, and Lyons Jr (a FOUR POINT NINE as a recruit) might have made it if not for injuries. Two with LONG productive NFL careers and Burton (my favorite) had just become a starter when injuries sidetracked him.

I am hearing Neal Brown is high on their list. Did Vince and Neal attend UK at the same time?
Doubt they could do much better than Brown with things as they stand right now.If Petrino is fired after the game tonight who finishes the season for the Cards?

Doubt they could do much better than Brown with things as they stand right now.If Petrino is fired after the game tonight who finishes the season for the Cards?
The DC who definitely isn’t actually Josh Brolin studying for a role.

As the world turns.

Isn't that the name of a soap opera on TV a long time ago?

Joker is the WR coach at UC now.

I’d take him back at UK as the OC right now.

Due to his HC stint being what it was, people forget that Joker offense took us to 3 bowl games and made Andre Woodson look like Payton Manning. It also made Mike Hartline look like a viable SEC QB, at least by UK standards anyway. Joker was a decent recruiter in hindsight who could find some diamonds in the rough and develop them to boot.

I'd take back him as an OC or passing game coordinator tomorrow.

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
Joker still loves this school and was a very good OC and recruiter. Of course he was upset that his head coaching didn’t work out and he probably regrets things he said in heat of moment when let go. He’s a competitor and has fire.

The QB and WR positions excelled under his OCing as already mentioned, and he also developed the RBs and TEs Little and Tamme. We haven’t had an offense like that since. It was rolling for several years.

Due to his HC stint being what it was, people forget that Joker offense took us to 3 bowl games and made Andre Woodson look like Payton Manning. It also made Mike Hartline look like a viable SEC QB, at least by UK standards anyway. Joker was a decent recruiter in hindsight who could find some diamonds in the rough and develop them to boot.

He also had Woodson run the option multiple times. Randy Sanders was the miracle worker behind Woodson and Hartline's transformation. I don't want to ever see Joker on UK sidelines ever again.

He also had Woodson run the option multiple times. Randy Sanders was the miracle worker behind Woodson and Hartline's transformation. I don't want to ever see Joker on UK sidelines ever again.

Hell, I'll take a little option right now.

Randy deserves a lot of credit as well, especially as QB coach, but that Bowl run old Papaw Brooks ended on was on the back of what that offense did.

The overall talent of this CMS era and strength of D paired with an offense like Joker ran during the three bowl-winning seasons...we're going to Atlanta...

Reactions: Wildcatsworld
Hell, I'll take a little option right now.

Randy deserves a lot of credit as well, especially as QB coach, but that Bowl run old Papaw Brooks ended on was on the back of what that offense did.

The overall talent of this CMS era and strength of D paired with an offense like Joker ran during the three bowl-winning seasons...we're going to Atlanta...

I think that offense had more to do with the Jim's and Joe's than it did the X's and O's. Put Woodson, hell even Hartline on this team and we are probably 9-0 or at worst 8-1.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brohm comes back to Louisville. A lot of you guys are taking for granted how much some people want to be " Home " I know one of the main reasons Chris Mack took the BB job is because his wife is from Louisville and she wanted to go back home

His salary also increased about 3 times too. That won't be the case here.

Here's your shocker dark horse: Houston Nutt

Want another? Brent Pease

I think Nutt might get a look from some folks.

Joker was a decent recruiter in hindsight who could find some diamonds in the rough and develop them to boot.

I was about to post in response what The Oak posted.

Randy Sanders was the miracle worker behind Woodson and Hartline's transformation.

I'm not a Joker hater, but Randy Sanders got major props for Woodson's maturation, and 4 years later found himself sitting at the elbow of a QB in NYC who received the Heisman.

In retrospect, Randy Sanders might well be one of the most accomplished assistant coaches in the history of the game.

I think that offense had more to do with the Jim's and Joe's than it did the X's and O's. Put Woodson, hell even Hartline on this team and we are probably 9-0 or at worst 8-1.

No doubt. Was a great run of having some nice productive skill players, but I don't think any of them were higher rated than what CMS and GranShaw have pulled in. Joker and CRB classes were in the 40's at best range.

CRB and Joker took some unheralded Jimmy and Joes and turned them into top SEC performers and pros...

I'm not a Joker hater, but Randy Sanders got major props for Woodson's maturation, and 4 years later found himself sitting at the elbow of a QB in NYC who received the Heisman.

In retrospect, Randy Sanders might well be one of the most accomplished assistant coaches in the history of the game.

I agree with you, Sanders was a hell of a position coach. I'd gladly take him back on our sidelines as our QB coach any day. His track record with QB's says it all.

I wonder what Brohm told Milton Wright, a 4 star WR out of Louisville who committed to Purdue today. I won't be here next year, but you should definitely come here?

I'm of the belief Brohm will go to UL. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out for sure.

Even if he knows he is leaving he recruits him to Purdue like he is going to be there next year. He is an employee until he isn't and failure to do so would be reason to fire with cause and he get no buyout cash.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
No doubt. Was a great run of having some nice productive skill players, but I don't think any of them were higher rated than what CMS and GranShaw have pulled in. Joker and CRB classes were in the 40's at best range.

CRB and Joker took some unheralded Jimmy and Joes and turned them into top SEC performers and pros...

I'll give Joker some credit he was a decent OC, but he wasn't anything special. The man loved the bubble screen and draw play more than any person I have ever known. But they did strike gold with some low rated recruits, but with that said I still wouldn't trade Gran for Joker. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: chroix
I have no problem with Brohm to U of L, but Purdue is like Texas A @ M and Texas (well, almost) with regard to resources.

He might want to go home, but it won't be for more money than Purdue has to pay him, should they really wish to keep him.

I'm just going to assume that some do not fully understand the Brohm family. They are as red as red gets. He will NEVER turn down the university 6 job...... NEVER.....

He will hire half his family, nepotism be damed, and he will be there for a very long time. Only the NFL could get in the way of this. They are a true University 6 family that HATES all things UK. Always have and they always will.....

Reactions: Tannerdad
one big reason Brohm would take the ul job is name Momma. I heard she holds the reins on the Brohm family and has told Jeff what jobs were too far away from her, so he couldn't take them.

Sanders is a heckuva coach, he’s got ETSU ranked in the top 20 in D1AA right now. Top of the Southern Conference at 7-2, only losses were to UT and at Wofford.

Thanks. Brown, our DC under Brooks is there, too, and maybe a couple former players.

Brohm is a good coach with potential to become really good. Going home doesn't always work out and usually ends up being bad. It's like hiring family. You know not to do it but you just can't help yourself and it always ends up bad. Brohm has started something at Purdue and may just want to stick it out.

I'm just going to assume that some do not fully understand the Brohm family. They are as red as red gets. He will NEVER turn down the university 6 job...... NEVER.....

He will hire half his family, nepotism be damed, and he will be there for a very long time. Only the NFL could get in the way of this. They are a true University 6 family that HATES all things UK. Always have and they always will.....
Okay, now I hate him.

one big reason Brohm would take the ul job is name Momma. I heard she holds the reins on the Brohm family and has told Jeff what jobs were too far away from her, so he couldn't take them.
I’m pretty sure none of that is real.

And taking Randall Cobb out of the TN game at the end when he led us all the way down the field and then the genius pulls him out and we don't score and lose. When asked why he took him out he said he thought Cobb was tired. Cobb said he was not tired and was mad he was taken out.

Reactions: THE_OAK
I hope that’s not true. I wanted them to keep him till the season was over so we can give him a nice fare well azz whoopin
Disagree. BP is a FAR superior coach to JB. Just because he is having a disaster season because the UofL athletics department is a complete dumpster fire right now does not change that fact.

Cant wait for JB to take over and have them rolling out 6-6 seasons as their ceiling. Doubt he gets to bring Moore with him.

Disagree. BP is a FAR superior coach to JB. Just because he is having a disaster season because the UofL athletics department is a complete dumpster fire right now does not change that fact.

Cant wait for JB to take over and have them rolling out 6-6 seasons as their ceiling. Doubt he gets to bring Moore with him.
Petrino is part of that dumpster fire. If they kept Petrino they would be even worse than they are this year. Fans are done and players are leaving left and right. Not to mention all the decommitments for next years poor recruiting class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT