ADVERTISEMENT

MJ reporting Doug Sirmons not doing any more UK games....

rick64

All-American
Jan 25, 2007
Louisville, KY
MJ reporting on his radio show that Sirmons won't be doing any more UK SEC games this season. NCAAT is another story.

Well that's good. Doug obviously has a personal agenda against cal. That crap isn't allowed.

I don't like that simply because if he didn't have a vendetta before against Cal, he surely would now and if he refs a UK game in the tourny he could be equally as bad as we have seen recently.

I'd say he better hope it's a long while till he graces the doors at Rupp arena too, it could get very ugly for him. A turd in a referee outfit is still a turd.

Reactions: awf
This is why I LOVE Cal!

IMHO, the very reason he was so irate to the point of ejection was to send a message to the NCAA that he didn't want this Referee to work any of our games in the Tournament and it worked.

Cal accomplished so many things by getting thrown out at SC:
-Got the team to rally around themselves
-Got the team to fight for a win for him and themselves
-Got Coach Payne some exposure and recognition for our big win
-Got rid of a horrible Ref that seems to have a beef against Cal and UK

Coach Cal works EVERY angle possible to benefit our program!!!

wow great news. Cal knows how to get his point across. The NCAA probably recieved tons of backlash over it and doesn't want anything else to happen. I'm not worried about the tournament. Semons would be on his best behavior. All eyes watching.

If you go back and watch the 2012 tournament, officiating was precise.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
He'll ref a sweet sixteen or elite 8 game if UK is involved. Take it to the bank.
The guy is a complete toolbox. He shouldn't referee grade school games, let alone NCAA D1.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If we get him in the NCAAT he'll be known as the ref who got banned from UK games. Would take some huge nuggets to screw us over again.

Don't think anybody said he got banned from UK games. I think he is just not scheduled to work any more UK games in regular season.

Who was the ref early in the season that made a questionable call and Cal said something to the effect that he's going to watch the film and if he's lieing he's through?
I remember when that happened. The ref called a technical on Murray for "cussing at him" but I can't remember who the referee was.

Well that's good. Doug obviously has a personal agenda against cal. That crap isn't allowed.

I re-watched the game last night. While there were insane missed calls and poor calls it wasn't the non-stop horror show made famous in song and story. After the 1st three minutes, it was actually a fairly clean game given the prelude. It wasn't perfect, and Sirmonds should never call UK again. But none of the refs called out a single swing by Carerra. That wasn't just on Sirmonds.

Don't think anybody said he got banned from UK games. I think he is just not scheduled to work any more UK games in regular season.
Does anyone know if this came from the league office or did Sirmons take himself off the schedule

How they called that first foul on Willis is beyond me. And of course without Poythress that was a huge call. Take away our only inside scoring threat's aggressiveness right off the bat. Reminds me of the two times Davis was taken out of the IU games within five minutes because gangly baby moose whatshisface charged right at him at the basket in each game.

A referee with his track record just on technical fouls alone should disqualify him from working the NCAA tournament. Why would college basketball want a lunatic like him potentially affecting their biggest event? How may people tune in to watch some arrogant out-of-control ref who could at any minute drastically change the tournament with one of his horrible calls?

The only downside is referees have a little boy scout fraternity..they will all try to take up for Sirmons. I remember when the ACC suspended Karl Hess for his racial slur to a fan and all the refs taped "KH" on their shoes....aww how cute.

I doubt the SEC caved. We only have 6 games left, so it's not a stretch to think he wasn't going to be on the schedule regardless. And I doubt the schedule has even been made for the tourney games, and since we don't know the seeding yet, we can't even know if we get him then.

Reactions: ukbblover
The only downside is referees have a little boy scout fraternity..they will all try to take up for Sirmons. I remember when the ACC suspended Karl Hess for his racial slur to a fan and all the refs taped "KH" on their shoes....aww how cute.
Just the fact that the refs would ban together over a disciplinary act against one of their own means they are over the line. Instead of their standard being good officiating it is all for one regardless of performance and that should not be tolerated. I would have fired any ref that put "KH" on their shoes.

I doubt the SEC caved. We only have 6 games left, so it's not a stretch to think he wasn't going to be on the schedule regardless. And I doubt the schedule has even been made for the tourney games, and since we don't know the seeding yet, we can't even know if we get him then.
Exactly, which lends credence to what MJ said. Think about it.

The way games are being called all over the country, and especially in the SEC, I think that all referees should have to undergo background checks, and financial disclosures. I think it is naïve to believe that big-time gambling isn't in the pockets of some of these guys.

What if its more like the Pac 12 incident and its the conferences who are manipulating games and just giving out marching orders with incentives?

So if the refs were willing to band together and put "KH" on their shoes when Karl Hess got booted from the ACC you don't think they are going to do anything to us if they think Cal got Sermons booted from doing any future Kentucky games?

Need to clean house with all these refs. Not sure why college basketball would want their product tainted by a bunch of out of control refs. They should put the hammer to these idiots.

Reactions: Aike

The reason he won't be scheduled is because of the situation from Saturday. No one, the SEC or UK wants that to happen again. It's pretty obvious he has an agenda against Cal, or at the least, him and Cal have major problems, so he won't work anymore UK games in the SEC. Once tourney play starts, all bets are off bc the NCAA schedules officials, not the individual conference. In a sense, he is kind of banned from doing UK games in the regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT