ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell injury...

Tre Mitchell

#1 in minutes
#1 in rebounds
#2 in FG% (>49%)
3 assists per game
Plays the 5 when we need. Plays the 4 when we need it. Gives up his body.

Some people love to play the contrarian and ignore the obvious.

TELEMMGLPICT000299009750_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq69fD36Z3CN_HTLdFKJRGX72qg64PwfpWTVsk1bt9MkQ-jpeg.webp

Vaught tweeted Xray was negative, but looks like they are doing an MRI. Possible dislocated shoulder.

Leading rebounder, believe it or not...
Not sure why fans keep saying this, like it is some sort of accomplishment.

He averages the most minutes on the team (or at least did until the injury), and was the tallest/biggest UK player on the court for a good chunk of the season (as our 3 seven footers were out).

Tre only averaged 7 rebs a game...that sucks, quite frankly. And this is with him spending more time in the paint defensively/offensively then a lot of our other players combined, and being our biggest player.

Not really impressive at all.

I don't know. Tre is sometimes the smartest and most consistent player on the floor. He's poised and generally reliable to at least not make a ton of errors. That's a guy you generally want out there. Hopefully the rest of the team has grown and can win without him.. but he was greatly needed in the early going.

He averages the most minutes on the team (or at least did until the injury), and was the tallest/biggest UK player on the court for a good chunk of the season (as our 3 seven footers were out).

Tre only averaged 7 rebs a game...that sucks, quite frankly. And this is with him spending more time in the paint defensively/offensively then a lot of our other players combined, and being our biggest player.

Ok, imagine if we didn't have those 7 rbpg? I'm always chuckling when people downplay statistical leaders as if someone else would just "step up" and fill that void.

No, 7 isn't impressive, but it's what we have and without that we would be 7 and 17.

Ok, imagine if we didn't have those 7 rbpg? I'm always chuckling when people downplay statistical leaders as if someone else would just "step up" and fill that void.

No, 7 isn't impressive, but it's what we have and without that we would be 7 and 17.
I don’t get where 7 rebounds a game is bad. That’s good, could tre get more sure, but 7 rebounds a game isn’t bad

I don't know. Tre is sometimes the smartest and most consistent player on the floor. He's poised and generally reliable to at least not make a ton of errors. That's a guy you generally want out there. Hopefully the rest of the team has grown and can win without him.. but he was greatly needed in the early going.

Here are Tre Mitchell's stats in UKs toughest games this yr...

KU- 8 pts, 6 reb, 39 min
UNC- 8 pts, 5 reb, 33 min
TAMU- 8 pts, 13 reb, 44 min
SC- 13 pts, 5 reb, 34 min
FL- 5 pts, 9 reb, 38 min
UT- 0 pts, 5 reb, 24 min

The way a lot of this fanbase talks about how valuable Tre is to this team is mind boggling. The guy has been a disappointment, and has been non existent in the majority of big games.

Well, it's good to know what doesn't impress you. It's like finding out that a critic doesn't like movie X, Y, and Z. It allows the audience to know what the critic's taste is.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
I have seen a lot of shoulder dislocations and neither the hit he took or the way he responded looked like a dislocated shoulder to me. I know it’s a possibility but it sure doesn’t seem that’s the case.

KU- 8 pts, 6 reb, 39 min
FL- 5 pts, 9 reb, 38 min
UT- 0 pts, 5 reb, 24 min

The way a lot of this fanbase talks about how valuable Tre is to this team is mind boggling. The guy has been a disappointment, and has been non existent in the majority of big games.

Those aren't terrible numbers, considering we're removing his great games. That's an 8 and 8 resume. He's also averaging 3A to 1.5TO, which is at least efficient for a big.

I don't think anyone is confusing Tre for some Wooden Watch player. But he plays smart and we'd be looking an awful lot worse without him.

Tre Mitchell

#1 in minutes
#1 in rebounds
#2 in FG% (>49%)
3 assists per game
Plays the 5 when we need. Plays the 4 when we need it. Gives up his body.

Some people love to play the contrarian and ignore the obvious.

TELEMMGLPICT000299009750_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq69fD36Z3CN_HTLdFKJRGX72qg64PwfpWTVsk1bt9MkQ-jpeg.webp
#1 in rebounds does NOT mean he is a good rebounder. Why? Because he is #1 in MPG. He is actually next to last in rebounds-per-30min from everyone >6'6 (Ivisic, Onyenso, Burks, Theiro, Bradshaw, and then Mitchell & Edwards).

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Would much rather have Mitchell on the court than not. He is the one orchestrating on defense. No flash, but a steady eddy type.
Defense ain’t his thang. He can’t guard in a phone booth.

He’s a stretch 4 and a great passer.

He’s doesn’t set good picks and he doesn’t guard.

It wouldn't have happened if Tre was capable of actually playing defense. He was late chasing his guy, so had to grab his jersey and hit the screener at an odd angle, thus creating the injury.

To be honest, have been completely underwhelmed by Tre this year. He is a fifth yr player who can't defend a lick, and hates physicality. He is very slow, and if he isn't hitting the three, does not add much of value. Not to mention his TOs were awful last night. Should not be happening with a fifth yr player. Plenty of WVA fans told us that Tre was not as good as advertised, and I didn't believe them. My fault for getting my hopes up.
Spot on. And the fact that Cal has given him 33mpg makes it even worse.

#1 in rebounds does NOT mean he is a good rebounder. Why? Because he is #1 in MPG. He is actually next to last in rebounds-per-30min from everyone >6'6 (Ivisic, Onyenso, Burks, Theiro, Bradshaw, and then Mitchell & Edwards).
They don’t understand numbers. This concept of what a guy does “per-30” is just too complicated for some on this board. Somehow.

Mitchell is best low post scorer and team Captain his loss is not insignificant. I do think Thiero can step in and be a asset with his energy and toughness . What I know with or without Mitchell we need to win Saturday

Possibly helps us in the long run as it takes a defensive liability off the court who is also giving us nothing on the offensive end.
Really ? So lose our leading rebounder and when HEALTHY a important scorer and leader is beneficial to the team ? It would NOT help in the long run. You do know he was leading the team with 7 rebounds (21 minutes) when he got hurt ? probably not. He averages 12 pts. / 7.5 reb. (leader) / 3.1 Assist / 1.1 blocks (2nd on the team) / and 1 steal a game. Not to mention a veteran leader, yes by all means, he will NOT be missed. What a silly post. Not surprised though, I read SEVERAL a day that is just mind blowing.

Those aren't terrible numbers, considering we're removing his great games. That's an 8 and 8 resume. He's also averaging 3A to 1.5TO, which is at least efficient for a big.

I don't think anyone is confusing Tre for some Wooden Watch player. But he plays smart and we'd be looking an awful lot worse without him.

I'd love his game if he never took a 3. Reed needs every single one of his attempts.

I'd love his game if he never took a 3. Reed needs every single one of his jacks.
It's crazy how much Tre's shooting has fallen off. He was terrible shooting yesterday. That one 3 was nowhere close to the rim and he wasn't rushed or anything. All that said, I absolutely want him healthy soon and available for us for the rest of the year.

Vaught tweeted Xray was negative, but looks like they are doing an MRI. Possible dislocated shoulder.
In my personal experience, having had my shoulder dislocated twice, I can tell you that there's no such thing as a "possible" dislocated shoulder. When it happens, YOU KNOW. Basically, Satan himself comes to visit you. It hurts so bad you almost throw up. When an expert puts the shoulder back in, the relief is so palpable it brings tears to your eyes.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If you don't think Mitchell is far and away our best Big then you aren't really qualified to talk basketball.

So are you like the 2 in here that are acting like he is useless and Kentucky doesn’t need him or are you more on board with he is important just in a 20-25 min window, instead of playing 33-35 mins

KU- 8 pts, 6 reb, 39 min
FL- 5 pts, 9 reb, 38 min
UT- 0 pts, 5 reb, 24 min

43 rebounds through six high levels games is a bad thing?

Who's even remotely close to that in any six games this season?

Mitchell is extremely valuable to this team. His leadership and support for the younger players is hugely beneficial. He talks to them all game long, tells them what to look for and to stay positive, gets them to the correct spots. It's no accident that UGO had a 16 rebound 8 block game and a 10 block game with Tre on the floor and constantly in his ear. When Tre was out, Ugo was much less effective.

Skills-wise, Mitchell is smart, crafty even; he can really pass; he does not get totally lost on defense; and he can be a good shooter from deep. Even when he is not hitting, the opponent must stay with him at the three point line and the inside space is cleared for our other guys to attack the basket. I have my doubts we make the NCAA tournament without Mitchell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT