ADVERTISEMENT

Mintz, Ware, Collins, Hopkins, Toppin !

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
Just wanted to give a HUGE cheer for the way those young men played the last game. They really deserved the minutes AND CREDIT, they produced & entertained !

Mintz - 10 points, 1 board and assist, 2 steals in 14 minutes
Ware - a bucket and 5 boards in 8 minutes
Collins - 6 pts., 8 rebounds, 1 assist and block in 12 minutes
Hopkins - 2 pts, 1 assist and steal in 12 minutes
Toppin - 6 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 block in 10 minutes

altogether - 26 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks - I'm loving THAT stat line ! Just to compare, they outscored High Point's total for EITHER half (25 in first, 23 in second)

It's all part of another journey and a total pleasure to see them contribute in important ways! Maybe they don't get enough credit for the hard work they put in, but collectively, this 5 really stood out in this game to me. So much of this team's ceiling is how far they ALL can collectively improve. I think they really deserve a great round of applause for the performance.

Way to go Cats' ! Keep up the hard work and effort, BBN loves the intensity you are bringing.

Go Big Blue!

P.S. - Is it just me, or does Bryce Hopkins look like a *young* Chuck Hayes out there ?!?!? Shiver me timbers!

Just wanted to give a HUGE cheer for the way those young men played the last game. They really deserved the minutes AND CREDIT, they produced & entertained !

Mintz - 10 points, 1 board and assist, 2 steals in 14 minutes
Ware - a bucket and 5 boards in 8 minutes
Collins - 6 pts., 8 rebounds, 1 assist and block in 12 minutes
Hopkins - 2 pts, 1 assist and steal in 12 minutes
Toppin - 6 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 block in 10 minutes

altogether - 26 points, 17 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks - I'm loving THAT stat line ! Just to compare, they outscored High Point's total for EITHER half (25 in first, 23 in second)

It's all part of another journey and a total pleasure to see them contribute in important ways! Maybe they don't get enough credit for the hard work they put in, but collectively, this 5 really stood out in this game to me. So much of this team's ceiling is how far they ALL can collectively improve. I think they really deserve a great round of applause for the performance.

Way to go Cats' ! Keep up the hard work and effort, BBN loves the intensity you are bringing.

Go Big Blue!

P.S. - Is it just me, or does Bryce Hopkins look like a *young* Chuck Hayes out there ?!?!? Shiver me timbers!
Hopkins looks like a young Barkley.

Reactions: runt#69
Hopkins reminds me of former All-Big East standout, Ryan Gomes. Same body frame and the skill set is trending that way, including the perimeter shooting.

Probably has the same ceiling, too, from an NBA perspective.

That bench is as good as any UK has ever had. With an obvious exception of the platoon year. If UK makes a deep run in March it will be in large part because of this deep, talented bench.

Idk, in the Cal era - 2010 had a solid bench of mostly former Gillespie players ~ Liggins, Dodson, Harris, Stevenson, and Orton plus Harrelson.

The Fox/Monk year has Hawkins, Mulder, Willis, SKJ, and Humphries. That was pretty good.

Hopkins looks like a young Barkley.
images

That bench is as good as any UK has ever had. With an obvious exception of the platoon year. If UK makes a deep run in March it will be in large part because of this deep, talented bench.
They have so many weapons. I believe that Mintz, Toppin, and Ware could be one of the better players on most other Div1 teams. Collins could start

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Increased the lead when they were in. It’s been awhile since we saw that happen.

What? I watched a different Barkley dunking on Bowie and Turpin I guess.
I'm sorry but there will never be another Barkley. The first time we played Barkley 1982, listed 6 foot 6, he wasn't, around 280. The game wasn't on TV at Auburn. Cawood couldn't believe it. BARKLEY just took it to them.

Reactions: Deli owl
Hopkins reminds me of former All-Big East standout, Ryan Gomes. Same body frame and the skill set is trending that way, including the perimeter shooting.

Probably has the same ceiling, too, from an NBA perspective.
Ryan Gomes is also the reason for the great Jim Calhoun rant at a reporter, "I F***** up, I took Omeka Okafor and Caron Butler. They aren't bad"

Agreed on all accounts. Only way it could have been better would have been if Allen made that open 3. It would have really helped him, I think. I wanted that for him so bad.

They have so many weapons. I believe that Mintz, Toppin, and Ware could be one of the better players on most other Div1 teams. Collins could
Respectfully disagree.
Collins wouldnt start for anyone in the top 25.
Potential is there but he hasnt made a "tough" basket all year.
Ware has definatly earned the right to be Oscars backup.

I'm sorry but there will never be another Barkley. The first time we played Barkley 1982, listed 6 foot 6, he wasn't, around 280. The game wasn't on TV at Auburn. Cawood couldn't believe it. BARKLEY just took it to them.
First UK game I went to. I couldn't believe a 6 foot 6 inch fat freshman was kickin our butt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT