ADVERTISEMENT

MeManBoy says VJ…

Still don’t think we get Edgecombe, but I hope I am wrong.

The main thing is getting Sheppard back, which I think is possible.

Love to see this:

PG Sheppard/Fland
SG Edgecombe/Perry/Hart
SF Knox/Richmond
PF Thiero/Burks
C Quaintance/Cyril

That’s a contender. Sheppard could be NPOY next season.

Love to see this:

PG Sheppard/Fland
SG Edgecombe/Perry/Hart
SF Knox/Richmond
PF Thiero/Burks
C Quaintance/Cyril

Would like a hair more experience on next year's team.

If we land Edgecomb, I think we need to ditch the Knox recruitment and go get an experienced wing, a 3 & D type.

Love to see this:

PG Sheppard/Fland
SG Edgecombe/Perry/Hart
SF Knox/Richmond
PF Thiero/Burks
C Quaintance/Cyril

By the end of the season he will be a top 5 pick with GMs salivating over themselves to draft him.

He Gone

Reactions: NociHTTP
Idk if Reed returns but if he does he would be the best player in college basketball. Give me a lineup of

Starters:
Boogie
Reed
VJ
Adou
JQ

Bench:
Somto
Richmond
Perry
Ugo (possibly)

Throw a couple of transfer on that team and that’ll do.
BEASTLY lineup there.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
By the end of the season he will be a top 5 pick with GMs salivating over themselves to draft him.

He Gone
He won’t ever be a top 5 pick. He doesn’t have the measurables the NBA covets.

If he is a guaranteed lottery, he might leave. Still, the kid is being mentioned as the next JJ Reddick. You don’t invest a lottery pick in trying to get the next Reddick. You use a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick to gamble on that type of player.

And this kid is different. He’s not a hardship case. He bleeds blue. His parents bleed blue. He came in expecting to graduate from UK. He doesn’t need the money. His long term worth increases the longer he plays in the Bluegrass.

He may go, but it’s not a guarantee like with Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham. Those guys arrived knowing they were there for one year and they aren’t changing that plan regardless.

Sheppard is not the same type of kid as those guys. He’ll seriously consider returning.

Would like a hair more experience on next year's team.

If we land Edgecomb, I think we need to ditch the Knox recruitment and go get an experienced wing, a 3 & D type.
I would be fine with that, but I think Cal will continue to pursue Knox, even with Edgecombe in hand.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Agreed. But still the portal experiment should end.

Even being glad we have those guys.
We need a mix of young talent and veteran players, so the portal has its place.

The portal should be a backup plan for when players unexpectedly leave early or recruits go elsewhere. It’s a safety net, you shouldn’t build the team around a bunch of portal guys.

A couple of transfers to augment the superstar Freshmen and returning talent. That’s what we need from the portal.

VJ to UK has been seeming to be trending lately. Just “seems” like it’s UK. Hope so!
Honest question. Who else is saying UK for VJ? Haven’t seen that anywhere. All Crystal balls still say Duke albeit they are from November and all Duke insiders. Was just curious where the chatter to UK is coming from.

Honest question. Who else is saying UK for VJ? Haven’t seen that anywhere. All Crystal balls still say Duke albeit they are from November and all Duke insiders. Was just curious where the chatter to UK is coming from.
Well, he went from a duke lock to not a duke lock. He also retweeted the Richmond UK commitment. Just feels like UK.

He won’t ever be a top 5 pick. He doesn’t have the measurables the NBA covets.

If he is a guaranteed lottery, he might leave. Still, the kid is being mentioned as the next JJ Reddick. You don’t invest a lottery pick in trying to get the next Reddick. You use a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick to gamble on that type of player.

And this kid is different. He’s not a hardship case. He bleeds blue. His parents bleed blue. He came in expecting to graduate from UK. He doesn’t need the money. His long term worth increases the longer he plays in the Bluegrass.

He may go, but it’s not a guarantee like with Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham. Those guys arrived knowing they were there for one year and they aren’t changing that plan regardless.

Sheppard is not the same type of kid as those guys. He’ll seriously consider returning.
Meh. He’s a much better prospect than JJ ever was. JJ was a great shooter, that’s about it. Reed can do it all.

Sheppard not quick enough for the NBA; would be an absolute defensive liability. Needs at least another year of college basketball.
Would another year change that though ?

Reed is showing up in Mocks and in the lottery(or around it) at that . People might be letdown if they think his love for Kentucky will bring him back if he’s a projected lottery pick .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT