ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall's Advice To This Team ...

Bluesbrother

Junior
May 23, 2002
... LOCK-IN on defense. Focus and DO THE WORK on the defensive end of the court. If they can consistently do this, they can win it all. The SEC tournament can be a trial run to make defense just as important as the offense. A stumble in the SEC tournament will be one last lesson without the season ending. JUST DO IT ... I hope they do what Wall suggested. This is sage advice from an NBA Max-contract player. I hope they can take the advice to heart. LOCK-IN.

We could be a top10 defensive team if the team just focused on that end of the court. We won't ever have great bigs for rebounding, but we have all the tools to be lock down defenders at all 4 spots, with shot blocking capabilities at the 5.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
We could be a top10 defensive team if the team just focused on that end of the court. We won't ever have great bigs for rebounding, but we have all the tools to be lock down defenders at all 4 spots, with shot blocking capabilities at the 5.
Youth will be the biggest hurdle but with their recent success and defense being stressed more now than all season ... maybe the message is getting through. The VALUE of defense, I hope, is being realized by the team. Sure hope so. LOCK-IN should be printed on their practice gear ... they just can't have any lapses in concentration and focus.

I kinda want one more loss before the tournament. I personally don't care how we play in the sec tournament. It wont get us a better seed / wont drop us a seed. Then get that Cal tweak for the real tournament. Which will include Ugo at the 5 and big z at the 4 during certain periods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT