ADVERTISEMENT

MeManBoy says VJ…

Sheppard not quick enough for the NBA; would be an absolute defensive liability. Needs at least another year of college basketball.
Another year won’t increase his speed or athleticism though. He may learn better defensive principles but he could learn that with individual pro instruction everyday.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Sheppard not quick enough for the NBA; would be an absolute defensive liability. Needs at least another year of college basketball.
While quick is valued, it is not primary. There are plenty of SMART players that add value to the team. JJ Reddick is still playing and was in the same vein as Reed. EDIT: replace JJ with famous-flopper Grayson Allen.

Last edited:
Honest question. Who else is saying UK for VJ? Haven’t seen that anywhere. All Crystal balls still say Duke albeit they are from November and all Duke insiders. Was just curious where the chatter to UK is coming from.
That was around the time UK started to get seriously involved and word is we picked up a lot of steam quickly. It just feels like the Duke lock stuff died down when we came in.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He’s already walking it back on Twitter. That dude is a moron who knows nothing. If he says VJ is coming I take that as a negative because he has literally been wrong on everything since he reemerged from hiding.

He’s already walking it back on Twitter. That dude is a moron who knows nothing. If he says VJ is coming I take that as a negative because he has literally been wrong on everything since he reemerged from hiding.
He might end up wrong here but this is false . He kept saying Wagner was coming to UK . He kept saying Rob would play at Kentucky and at the time there was doubt on both on this board and on social media .

He won’t ever be a top 5 pick. He doesn’t have the measurables the NBA covets.

If he is a guaranteed lottery, he might leave. Still, the kid is being mentioned as the next JJ Reddick. You don’t invest a lottery pick in trying to get the next Reddick. You use a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick to gamble on that type of player.

And this kid is different. He’s not a hardship case. He bleeds blue. His parents bleed blue. He came in expecting to graduate from UK. He doesn’t need the money. His long term worth increases the longer he plays in the Bluegrass.

He may go, but it’s not a guarantee like with Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham. Those guys arrived knowing they were there for one year and they aren’t changing that plan regardless.

Sheppard is not the same type of kid as those guys. He’ll seriously consider returning.
I said this exact thing on twitter and got flamed by people saying hes gone no matter what.

I don’t like the guy much but I’ll concede he did have connections. Some say his connection returned not to long ago and he started posting/tweeting again. He may have a connection again. Maybe he has explained it all in the lifer section already?

There isn't a little corner of the basketball world where the Real Info is kept. These people guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
At this point I could give two sh*ts about recruiting next year. He is going to land who he needs...recruiting is back where it was previously.

We need a natty bad in BBN.

Really pulling for Cal and these guys and that is where all my headspace is now. Said it dozens of times before but Cal is too damn good to be a 1 title coach. He knows it and so do his fans and critics.

No way Ugo comes back to sit the bench.
He owes it to UK for his medical year he wasted this year by getting injured. Come back and compete, then if he doesn’t play he can go. Would be interesting to see him back, but he wants to play.

At this point I could give two sh*ts about recruiting next year. He is going to land who he needs...recruiting is back where it was previously.

We need a natty bad in BBN.

Really pulling for Cal and these guys and that is where all my headspace is now. Said it dozens of times before but Cal is too damn good to be a 1 title coach. He knows it and so do his fans and critics.

I agree with this. Even if we don’t get VJ, recruiting is back to where it needs to be and the staff will get their dudes

No idea if he has any inside information or not, just leery of him after all of the stunts he has pulled in the past, and suddenly re-emerges

Yeah I put zero stock in MeManBoy Maggard. But it does seem to be trending that Edgecomb may prefer us now.
Yeah, I totally agree. But Maggard has no sources and no clue what he’s talking about. He’s just putting it out there so he can claim to have been on it early.

Edgecombe to Kentucky would be the biggest recruiting victory over Duke that we've had since Randle chose UK in 2013.

Some folks mention Boston as the biggest get, and Duke certainly wanted him, but he was a summer commitment.

The last time we went this late against Duke for a top 5 kid, we got schooled. Zion chose Duke, and a month or so before that, we lost to Duke for Barrett.

If we get this kid, is shows the world, and particularly shows Duke, that we're not to be effed with right now on the recruiting trail.

I get what Cotown is saying though . They don’t have a similar playing style at all and Reed is a better defender than JJ. Reed is also a better playmaker than JJ.
JJ got his shot off quick and while moving. He had an NBA level skill.

Idk if Reed returns but if he does he would be the best player in college basketball. Give me a lineup of

Starters:
Boogie
Reed
VJ
Adou
JQ

Bench:
Somto
Richmond
Perry
Ugo (possibly)

Throw a couple of transfer on that team and that’ll do.
Give me the year’s lineup and I’m happy. This has been a fun ride so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT