ADVERTISEMENT

MeManBoy says VJ…

i have said for a while that IMHO Knox will never play CBB

no sources, just my gut feeling

He owes it to UK for his medical year he wasted this year by getting injured. Come back and compete, then if he doesn’t play he can go. Would be interesting to see him back, but he wants to play.
Owes? No.

While quick is valued, it is not primary. There are plenty of SMART players that add value to the team. JJ Reddick is still playing and was in the same vein as Reed.
Just real quick JJ has been retired for 4 years lol but he was a very very good nba player at his peak. Not great but damn good. the kinda guy who is expected with a pick of 10-20 rank.

Nah, 19 people disagree with you in this thread already.

We love the portal. You don't, but you don't speak for the majority.
the portal is a must especially for programs who recruit elite HS kids . As you need experience though with a guy like Thiero around here for a few more years and guys like Perry who are 3-4 year kids we might have a little of that too.

Nah, 19 people disagree with you in this thread already.

We love the portal. You don't, but you don't speak for the majority.
The portal is the best way to consistently be an elite team now. You get refined, older college ready players who have already produced. Match that with the young NBA talent we get and it’s the best way to build a roster easy.

Same, his recruitment has a similar feel to Ron hollands, where they acted like they were interested in college, but they knew the whole time they going to g league or overtime league
I feel like that as well, like he’s only visiting 2 schools and has never really had a long list, no rumors about him. Just seems like he’s wanted to go pro route more than school.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Still don’t think we get Edgecombe, but I hope I am wrong.

The main thing is getting Sheppard back, which I think is possible.

Love to see this:

PG Sheppard/Fland
SG Edgecombe/Perry/Hart
SF Knox/Richmond
PF Thiero/Burks
C Quaintance/Cyril

That’s a contender. Sheppard could be NPOY next season.
That would make me tingle just like this current class did before the season started. I don't want to get too excited, too early though.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: westerncat
Still don’t think we get Edgecombe, but I hope I am wrong.

The main thing is getting Sheppard back, which I think is possible.

Love to see this:

PG Sheppard/Fland
SG Edgecombe/Perry/Hart
SF Knox/Richmond
PF Thiero/Burks
C Quaintance/Cyril

That’s a contender. Sheppard could be NPOY next season.
Not sure on Knox. Suspect we will need to go to portal for another PG, SG and SF

would likely be:

Fland
Sheppard
Edgcombe
Theiro
Quaintance

Reactions: Fox2monk
I feel like that as well, like he’s only visiting 2 schools and has never really had a long list, no rumors about him. Just seems like he’s wanted to go pro route more than school.
Give me edgecomb or Peterson and a grad transfer like reeves or close to it and they should be good next year

Just real quick JJ has been retired for 4 years lol but he was a very very good nba player at his peak. Not great but damn good. the kinda guy who is expected with a pick of 10-20 rank.
JK was a fantastic college player. I need to go wash my mouth out with soap now.

I was looking at the Duke message board a week or 2 back & their fans seems to think that VJ is Kentucky bound...... If we could get ourselves a stretch 4 to add to this class, we would be loaded again. That along with 5 or 6 of our current players returning.

I was looking at the Duke message board a week or 2 back & their fans seems to think that VJ is Kentucky bound...... If we could get ourselves a stretch 4 to add to this class, we would be loaded again. That along with 5 or 6 of our current players returning.
Cooper Flagg is a legit great basketball player not simply a physically imposing figure like Zion Williamson or Marvin Bagley. We could outclass them 2-7 and Flagg would still to be tough to beat. And Schreyer hasn't been stingy surrounding him with help. Duke is going to be tough with or without Edgecombe. They aren't a lock -- like UCLA with Alcindor -- but they're heavy favorites.

Cooper Flagg is a legit great basketball player not simply a physically imposing figure like Zion Williamson or Marvin Bagley. We could outclass them 2-7 and Flagg would still to be tough to beat. And Schreyer hasn't been stingy surrounding him with help. Duke is going to be tough with or without Edgecombe. They aren't a lock -- like UCLA with Alcindor -- but they're heavy favorites.
Heavy favorites??? lol ok. They won’t be any better than us.

I think Thiero is our main 4 on next year’s team with Burks backing him up. Quaintance also can play the 4.

We should be pretty set at the 4 and 5 spots with Thiero, Quaintance, Cyril, and Burks. Onyenso and Ivisic are still up in the air as well.

I think the bigger need is another wing that can shoot, even if we get Edgecombe.

I think Thiero is our main 4 on next year’s team with Burks backing him up. Quaintance also can play the 4.

We should be pretty set at the 4 and 5 spots with Thiero, Quaintance, Cyril, and Burks. Onyenso and Ivisic are still up in the air as well.

I think the bigger need is another wing that can shoot, even if we get Edgecombe.
we have Hart
i agree we need 1 more shooter

Do you think Hart is going to get any run next season? I have my doubts. I don’t see him contributing until his Junior or Senior year, if he sticks around.
i think he will
this year we are just loaded with 4 guards that all may play in the NBA

I think Shep Stays unless a lottery, But that ain't happening. Sheps stock goes down after his second year. This team makes Shep better than he probably is. Take Dilly, Waggoner and Trey away and Shep isn't having the season he's had. Next years team with Shep and Perry will make shep look less than he now. When good defenders lock down on Shep he'll struggle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
I think Shep Stays unless a lottery, But that ain't happening. Sheps stock goes down after his second year. This team makes Shep better than he probably is. Take Dilly, Waggoner and Trey away and Shep isn't having the season he's had. Next years team with Shep and Perry will make shep look. When good defenders lock down on Shep he'll struggle.
Which is why we need Edgecombe (or another elite guard) to go with Sheppard.

Reactions: true blue1
Kind of off topic, but I need some people to talk me off the ledge on Boogie Fland. I have watched him play a few games and just not sold on him being able to play at the elite level. Hope I am wrong, but not overly impressed with his shooting and selection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT