ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi just said the reason UNC is in & UK is out

A

anon_ce2llurbpkli4

Is that UK has a Quad 4 loss (South Carolina). I get that, it ws a terrible loss but when it comes to Quad1 wins. UNC has zero (0-9) and UK has one (1-7).

Is that UK has a Quad 4 loss (South Carolina). I get that, it ws a terrible loss but when it comes to Quad1 wins. UNC has zero (0-9) and UK has one (1-7).
How does he have
18-7 Clemson 77th NET in the tourney right now then?

1 Quad 3 loss

2 Quad 4 losses (USCjr and Loyola Chicago 8-16)

2 Quad 1 wins (15-10 VT and PITT)

Avg win 174 Avg loss 129.

Losers of 3 straight including 12-14 BC.

Forget the cheats I mean there's no way to spend that.

If UK were 22-3 right now we would be talking about who deserves the over all #1 seed and complaining anytime someone suggested a team other than Kentucky get it.
Instead, we get this. Like at the bottom. Like it or not, UK is going to be a bubble team this year. This conversation isn't going to end until we are solidly in or out. Why? Because we are Kentucky and people love it when UK sucks. Just facts.

What does it matter if we make the tournament our not. If we make the tournament we will won't make it past the 1st weekend so what's the sense in going only to get embarrassed by losing in the 1st round or at best the round of 32. This is what Calipari has done to UK basketball.

I dont get all this IN/OUT talk. Its mid February, so many games to play. They mustve mentioned it 10 times the other day vs UGA like it was our last regular season game. Its mid February for cripes sakes.
You can’t beat Georgia but you think they will flip the switch and win the last 6? If they are out now, pretty good chance they stay out with more loses.

Right now our resume is pathetic and we don't deserve a bid, period. The fact that we're debating whether or not we should be in and not whether or not we should be a 1 seed is so disheartening.

As of today, neither one deserves to be in!
Correct ,we suck, they suck, and Cal sucks. I hope we do not win another game and then maybe the conceited SOB would resign. This season is another crap show for what used to be a proud program.

Lunardi has the best job in the world. Make a ton of money with no accountability for any mistakes you make. I’m a little jealous.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I dont get all this IN/OUT talk. Its mid February, so many games to play.
Only five more regular season games after tonight …not exactly “so many.” Perfectly normal for the in and out speculation to begin this early, happens every year. It’s just a bit more intriguing this year because you’ve got two bluebloods that were picked to be the nation’s best teams preseason sitting on the “out” side.

And we are definitely out right now. 1-7 against Q1 teams, a couple awful losses to SC and Georgia. Except for the Tennessee win, there’s just nothing in our résumé that you can base an argument for getting in on.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Tam has two quad 4 losses.... and ten quad 4 games total.... with three quad 1 wins... So obviously quad 1 wins mean more than quad 4 losses.

So, if we could get lucky with a couple of quad 1 wins we are in!!! Wahooo, what a great time to be a UK fan, we might make the tourney!!!
GOOOOO CATS!!
C
A
T
S
CATS!...CATS!... ca

I dont get all this IN/OUT talk. Its mid February, so many games to play. They mustve mentioned it 10 times the other day vs UGA like it was our last regular season game. Its mid February for cripes sakes.
It's simple. We are OUT, IF the season were to end today.
But it's not (ending today). We have 7-10 more games to earn our way back in. I think we need 2 Quad 1 wins (not sure if 1 of those needs to be UT or not), and at most 2 more losses. 3 more Q1 wins definitely puts us in.

Our Q1 opportunities are:
UT
@ UF
@ Ark
@ Miss St

then maybe:
Auburn (moved way up to 27 after last night, but if we beat them that may drop them out of top 30, unless they lose only 0-1 in their other games)
TAMU (Win currently is Q2, but at 35 they could move into top 30 changing that to a Q1 win)

Quote from Blueaz:
Tam has two quad 4 losses.... and ten quad 4 games total.... with three quad 1 wins... So obviously quad 1 wins mean more than quad 4 losses...

Unless you're unc.

If UK were 22-3 right now we would be talking about who deserves the over all #1 seed and complaining anytime someone suggested a team other than Kentucky get it.
Instead, we get this. Like at the bottom. Like it or not, UK is going to be a bubble team this year. This conversation isn't going to end until we are solidly in or out. Why? Because we are Kentucky and people love it when UK sucks. Just facts.
Ahhhh, i miss those days.

Quote from Blueaz:
Tam has two quad 4 losses.... and ten quad 4 games total.... with three quad 1 wins... So obviously quad 1 wins mean more than quad 4 losses...

Unless you're unc.
of course, that's a given ...but they are one spot below us...currently..
Speaking of special tx
if Duke would take a quad 4 loss, it would be stupendous... they may actually have to play out of the state of North Carolina for the first time in a bijillion years

I generally don't care what Lunardi or KenPom or any other tournament prognosticator has to say in February. But a loss tonight in Starkville and the fat chick in the corner starts warming up in a hurry.

Clearly, the ACC is far more difficult than the SEC /s

In all seriousness, both teams are terrible. And, as dumb as it may sound, I would prefer neither to get in if the product doesn't get better. I would be embarrassed as a UK fan to lose to a team out of some random conference.

I love the players on the team, but the coaching is severely lacking and making our tradition out to be some random experiment where we're guessing how we should be playing. I don't say that lightly. We just don't look like a good team.

Reactions: Fox2monk and Blueaz
Yep, we potentially could have FIVE Quad 1 wins in just 7 days if things go right. (That includes TAMU beating Arkansas tonight).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT