ADVERTISEMENT

lots of noise re: Banchero today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the 411 I get comes from people who still do what I did for 13 years, that is, travel around Florida getting inside information on potential targets. It started with Pitino, ended with Smith in 2004.

For instance, I was asked to explore why Desmond Allison was kicked out of four football games. Dez was on helluva football player. I interviewed Scotty Wagers, the high school basketball coach, and even Dez's pastor Sims. Turns out Dez, the most popular guy in school, didn't show to pick up his prom date. The date's father was a football referee and the one who disqualified him from those four games. It was a vendetta. Problem solved.

A lot of stories like that one. Fitch's is the most intriguing and heartwarming. That for another time.

Anyhow, there are still quite a few guys out there that form a net of information. We used the same evaluation sheets when watching a kid play and faxed them to the basketball office.

In Cade Cunningham's case, there is a fellow I used to rub shoulders with who is tight with the Montverde program. Lives close by and takes in alot of their games. His son played there. Last I saw him we were looking at Dakari Johnson play a tourney in Ft.Myers. By the way, I faxed his stats to UK with a note that he was slow on his feet. So I called my buddy during the recruitment of Cunningham. He was the one damn near guaranteeing that CC would shock the world by picking Kentucky. On that fateful Monday evening he called me and said Cade would choose via television on Wednesday, but then that was moved forward to Tuesday because the word was getting out and Cade wanted it to be a surprise. At the time, it was Kentucky. That's when Cade's dad slowed the whole process down, telling Cade he was acting rashly and to consider putting it off to Christmas as was the plan.

So Cade's dad called a meeting with Calipari just two days later. They met. It fell apart for Kentucky during that meeting, though I did'n't know it then. I was suspicious that immediately after the Calipari meeting that Mike White came in for a visit. I thought...uh oh, but didn't say anything about it publicly. It was about two weeks later that my buddy close to the Montverde program told me what he THOUGHT happened, that is, that Cannen, the brother, be given a future job at UK. That is speculation on his part and therefore on mine too. Of course Cal would have shot that down. He doesn't negotiate.

So that's how it went down. All the way some others were warning me that it would not happen for UK, but I went with it anyway, knowing that nothing is ever guaranteed in the recruiting business.

As far as Banchero, I have no idea where the kid will play. I just thought it strange that so much net information came in on the same day. Probably a round robin effect, but I posted it on here just to say I found it strange.

Some of the 411 I get comes from people who still do what I did for 13 years, that is, travel around Florida getting inside information on potential targets. It started with Pitino, ended with Smith in 2004.

For instance, I was asked to explore why Desmond Allison was kicked out of four football games. Dez was on helluva football player. I interviewed Scotty Wagers, the high school basketball coach, and even Dez's pastor Sims. Turns out Dez, the most popular guy in school, didn't show to pick up his prom date. The date's father was a football referee and the one who disqualified him from those four games. It was a vendetta. Problem solved.

A lot of stories like that one. Fitch's is the most intriguing and heartwarming. That for another time.

Anyhow, there are still quite a few guys out there that form a net of information. We used the same evaluation sheets when watching a kid play and faxed them to the basketball office.

In Cade Cunningham's case, there is a fellow I used to rub shoulders with who is tight with the Montverde program. Lives close by and takes in alot of their games. His son played there. Last I saw him we were looking at Dakari Johnson play a tourney in Ft.Myers. By the way, I faxed his stats to UK with a note that he was slow on his feet. So I called my buddy during the recruitment of Cunningham. He was the one damn near guaranteeing that CC would shock the world by picking Kentucky. On that fateful Monday evening he called me and said Cade would choose via television on Wednesday, but then that was moved forward to Tuesday because the word was getting out and Cade wanted it to be a surprise. At the time, it was Kentucky. That's when Cade's dad slowed the whole process down, telling Cade he was acting rashly and to consider putting it off to Christmas as was the plan.

So Cade's dad called a meeting with Calipari just two days later. They met. It fell apart for Kentucky during that meeting, though I did'n't know it then. I was suspicious that immediately after the Calipari meeting that Mike White came in for a visit. I thought...uh oh, but didn't say anything about it publicly. It was about two weeks later that my buddy close to the Montverde program told me what he THOUGHT happened, that is, that Cannen, the brother, be given a future job at UK. That is speculation on his part and therefore on mine too. Of course Cal would have shot that down. He doesn't negotiate.

So that's how it went down. All the way some others were warning me that it would not happen for UK, but I went with it anyway, knowing that nothing is ever guaranteed in the recruiting business.

As far as Banchero, I have no idea where the kid will play. I just thought it strange that so much net information came in on the same day. Probably a round robin effect, but I posted it on here just to say I found it strange.
I think what everybody is asking is do you have additional information about this with Banchero or are you going off of the tweet that everyone else is referring to? Do you have confirmation that this may have happened from another source?

I don't know the tweet that you were referring to to answer your question I was putting on information about which I have no idea Why it landed on several sites at the same time
It was the OTHeroics tweet. Somebody post the tweet. I still don't know how to post a pic on here.

I have not seen any info about Banchero except this thread. It’s been a month or more when he come out and said he’s staying in the class of 21 but we all knew that. So what Banchero info leaked cause I’m confused as hell to what happened to even start this thread.

I missed on Cade, but not Jaden in that I wrote him off a week before he declared.....posted that on here. Said he would stay on the west coast.
Evan missed on Cade too, we had the same information.
Lmfao
Go away. Jesus Christ no one cares or believes you anymore.

Reactions: kyups01
the most concrete talk has been he will do what Maxey did and stay in his class. Every scout says that’s as much of a lock as you can get at this point (anyone can change their mind but publicly and behind the scenes he’s saying he’s staying unlike Marvin Bagley and Ashton Hagans)

Most of it speculation, some saying he has silently verballed to UK, others saying he is going to reclassify and suit up for UK. All of the noise he has shut down, saying I've told you over and over I'm staying in 21.

Well, here's a thought. If he stated that he is going to reclassify now or anytime soon, he would be declared ineligible for Spring and Summer events that for sure he would like to participate in. So, considering that, there is the thought that he will wait til Summer to reclass.

It's all just noise right now, but there is a lot of it out there today.

can gain more experience and a better understand for sure like Maxey. Fans tend to only see which ever way gets the talent on campus and potentially helping their team right away.

This kid gains nothing by staying in high school another year. Gotta believe there's something to it. Maybe connected to the Chandler vist this Saturday???

For the record I believe you Dave. Not that it matters to you necessarily, but for those who don't then the only explanation would be that you are one hell of a story teller.

Reactions: Fox2monk
For the record I believe you Dave. Not that it matters to you necessarily, but for those who don't then the only explanation would be that you are one hell of a story teller.

I’m saying.. I highly doubt a guy that has been around as long as Dave sits around making up info on new recruits to get clout on a message board. Be for real.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Lmfao
Go away. Jesus Christ no one cares or believes you anymore.
This guy is nothing more than a salty %@%#& who's hating on Dave because he isn't able to pass along info like Dave does. Listen turd, nobody's 100% but Dave's been here a long long time and brought plenty of good information........ what recruiting info have you contributed here? I'll wait........

No wonder you’ve been wrong more recently Dave, by the time the faxes go through, damn recruits have changed their minds!

And that tripod guy has some real issues good God I would hate to be that miserable

On to something that really matters. How are you doing with the cancer you have and I hope it isn't so severe that you can't over come it. UK basketball is great entertainment and a love for us, but our own health is so much more important than that.

That sounds like complete b.s.

A high school star player being suspended for four football games because he ditched a prom date and pissed off the dad who was a football referee? Doesn't pass the smell test at all--especially for a guy as hugely troubled as Desmond Alison was.

So I took a minute to look it up: that's not what happened at all. From the Tampa Bay Times:

But in mid-December he was ejected from his second high school game of the school year and thus, under Florida High School Activities Association rules, was forced to sit out six weeks. He was ejected from a football game in October after throwing a punch, and then was issued consecutive technicals for unsportsmanlike conduct in the December basketball game, resulting in another ejection.

Link: https://www.tampabay.com/archive/19...ball-teams-pirates-ross-does-it-all-on-court/

I guess he ditched dates with the daughters of multiple basketball refs as well? [eyeroll]

Reactions: gwjenning
What I said about Desmond Allison is the absolute truth and you know what you guys can just f*** off because I know what I know and you don't know shitt good God I hope you get your GED from your Appalachian grade who are these people that are johnny-come-lately and think they know something oh my God really

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT