ADVERTISEMENT

lots of noise re: Banchero today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would be great to have him, regardless if it’s 2020 or 2021. But, man, we really need him for next season to complete our roster. IMO, he would be about as perfect a fit as we could ask for for next year. A go to man in the post who has a polished inside game. That is, from everything I’ve watched of him. That’s really all we’re lacking next year, as we all know and have pointed out numerous times.

Yes, it would be great to have him, regardless if it’s 2020 or 2021. But, man, we really need him for next season to complete our roster. IMO, he would be about as perfect a fit as we could ask for for next year. A go to man in the post who has a polished inside game. That is, from everything I’ve watched of him. That’s really all we’re lacking next year, as we all know and have pointed out numerous times.
Cowtown I might have the best avatar on the board LOL

I read posts on this board for years before I signed up... and davekersey had some good stuff. I'd always keep an eye out for his comments. Still do.

Times have changed. Right now, with all the $$$ that everyone (but UK!) is sliding under the table to these kids/their family/handlers... it's not a shocker that some of them do a 180 degree turn at the last minute.

Even Coach Cal has had a WTF look on his face several times the last few years... when some of the kids that he must've felt he had in the bag, switched gears and picked Who-Cares-University. You always had to take recruiting rumors with a grain of salt... now it's the whole damned salt shaker.

Banchero will end up at U dub. Fans here forget that kids don’t care about winning in college anywhere near as much as getting into the NBA. Hell, playing for a crappy team in the West will not expose the kid and will keep him lottery pick status. A very similar situation with that pg who went to Washington and was the number one pick.

If you post on here, you're fair game. If you're gonna post info like he did about CC, then you better be prepared for responses.
His post were more than just info, he posted as if it was happening any moment. Big difference.
Dave isn’t the only one that thought CC was coming to UK. Also, CC said that he was very close to committing to another team in his commitment video. Dave posted what he had been told but no one can control the last minute decisions of these kids. We are all human and no one ever knows what will happen until the kids sign on the dotted line. Enough is enough so find someone else to spew your hate on.

Dave isn’t the only one that thought CC was coming to UK. Also, CC said that he was very close to committing to another team in his commitment video. Dave posted what he had been told but no one can control the last minute decisions of these kids. We are all human and no one ever knows what will happen until the kids sign on the dotted line. Enough is enough so find someone else to spew your hate on.
I haven't hated on him or anyone else. I don't care what he posts. This is a public forum. If you post like he did, you open yourself up to all kinds of responses.

I read what he posts if I want to and decide for myself what to make of it.
What he posted about CC was beyond passing on info. He portrayed it way beyond that. You can deny that if you want, but he did. That was his choice.

If he wants to post recruiting stuff on here again, that's his choice, but folks still remember what happened. To expect them to respond positively and to act as if what went on with his other posts didn't happen is not realistic.

You are so far off I fear you are lost. Do your due diligence and find me. Heard of google?

Dave, just state where you got your info on Banchero. Was it reading twitter, a source or someone close to Banchero ? Do not name THE source, just where the info came from. it is simple and would cut down on the witch hunt idiots.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Believe whatever you want. All that matters is UK didn't miss a beat. Clarke, Askew, Boston in your backcourt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cade Cunningham. He's one player.

Those 3 with Juzang, Allen, and possibly IQ on the perimeter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than losing 10-15 games for a terrible HC at Oklahoma State.

And you believe what you want to. The reason he had doubts was he had a good idea that Boston and Clarke was signing. Oh, i know you said possibly, but IQ is not coming back for a JR. year. This is a very weak draft. One of the weakest in a while. IQ is my favorite player on the team, but the log jam at wings and guards is not something he will be interested in. IMO.

And you believe what you want to. The reason he had doubts was he had a good idea that Boston and Clarke was signing. Oh, i know you said possibly, but IQ is not coming back for a JR. year. This is a very weak draft. One of the weakest in a while. IQ is my favorite player on the team, but the log jam at wings and guards is not something he will be interested in. IMO.

My saying believe what you want has nothing to do with Cade Cunningham. That was a general statement about anything. We don't all have to believe in the same things. If I were addressing you I would have quoted your name.

With that said. Regardless whether or not IQ comes back is irrelevant. There would still be Allen, Juzang, Clarke, Boston, and Askew on the perimeter. Also, with Cade Cunningham, Im not even sure he's the best out of the names I mentioned. I believe Terrance Clarke is the best guard in the nation regardless of class. IMO, he's going to be an NBA all-star within the next 3, maybe 4 years. Obviously, that could be wrong, but it's what I believe. That doesn't mean Cade won't be either. Just my opinion strictly on the ability of Terrance Clarke.

Reactions: Stonewall12
I haven't hated on him or anyone else. I don't care what he posts. This is a public forum. If you post like he did, you open yourself up to all kinds of responses.

What he posted about CC was beyond passing on info. He portrayed it way beyond that. You can deny that if you want, but he did. That was his choice.

If he wants to post recruiting stuff on here again, that's his choice, but folks still remember what happened. To expect them to respond positively and to act as if what went on with his other posts didn't happen is not realistic.
Keep it up bearboy seems to get you off like some others on here. Just shows you are a hate monger.

If Daves story is true then he was never close to committing because it was contingent on UK hiring his brother ( of course Dave didn't know that ). We were NEVER going to do that so he was NEVER going to come here . The kid saying that is just talk .

lets not forget..... a certain Washington bball guy privately committed to us.... then didnt come to UK

Even if Banchero told Cal he's coming.... I m not buying in until he says so to the public.

That "Washington bbl guy" is now on suicide watch in a padded cell.

Last edited:
Keep it up bearboy seems to get you off like some others on here. Just shows you are a hate monger.
Seems you're just a pouty liitle kid who can't handle an adult conversation. Being clueless is a choice you have made.
o-rly.gif

And...?
It's not his fault the kid flipped.
Why is everyone still bitter at him?
I think everything he puts on here is true. That doesn't mean 2 hours later thing's wont change

Reactions: BigTyrone
Most of it speculation, some saying he has silently verballed to UK, others saying he is going to reclassify and suit up for UK. All of the noise he has shut down, saying I've told you over and over I'm staying in 21.

Well, here's a thought. If he stated that he is going to reclassify now or anytime soon, he would be declared ineligible for Spring and Summer events that for sure he would like to participate in. So, considering that, there is the thought that he will wait til Summer to reclass.

It's all just noise right now, but there is a lot of it out there today.

I can't find anything in Dave's post that gives justification for outrage towards him.
It's just noise, and won't be a done deal until Banchero signs somewhere.

Reactions: RunninRichie
So... did this come from twitter or what?

Dave is a super cool dude and seemingly an awesome person and I KNOW he did have very legit sources awhile back. I’m not sure about currently though? He was pretty off base with Cade and McDaniels (though to be fair even our board “insiders”... sisk and HOB peeps were way way off with Jaden too).

There is a big difference between a$$holes coming up in the thread and degrading and bashing Dave (haven’t seen too much of that thankfully) and people coming in questioning his accuracy and just how much of an “insider” he is.

Just because people question his sources or ask where he got this most recent one doesn’t mean they’re being super disrespectful. Nor is it disrespectful to bring up or question his past misses (Cade and Jaden most recently). Imo of course.

Reactions: RunninRichie
People just need to relax and understand it’s hard to be 100% right in regards to recruiting . People can change their mind all the time. You win some and you lose some that’s part of the game .

Now if Dave info came from a tweet then I agree he should just post the tweet but at the end of the day it’s not all that serious .

Last edited:
And...?
It's not his fault the kid flipped.
Why is everyone still bitter at him?
I think everything he puts on here is true. That doesn't mean 2 hours later thing's wont change

He posted a thread saying “It’s been said the deal is done.”

You can’t post that if the deal is not done. And the deal was not done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT