ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

I think we are HOPING if Bam DID get money it was to go to NCState. In reality, the only evidence is a line on a ledger right now.
Time will tell.

True, but again it makes absolutely no sense it would have been to UK. Timing, Cal and Miller having no relationship, not Adidas school. Still could result in his being made ineligible, but it wouldn't really reflect on us. Besides, I don't think the NCAA is going to want to deal with all those cases anyway, and basically just goes with the clean slate approach.

We're thinking someone got that money to push bam to NC state and neither bam nor his mother knew about it.

If that were the case Bam's eligibility would be preserved.

Josh Jacksons mom was paid directly.

DSJ getting paid, just like we all assumed. State worked with Adidas to pay him. He pocketed over $100K before his freshman season began.

The best part about it is that he didn't even end up signing with Adidas

People on Twitter are saying it’s Preston that was paid (and maybe DeSouza as well)

De Sousa's definitely one of them. Him getting ruled ineligible would be a bigger blow than what would happen if it was Josh Jackson (which would be nothing).

Reactions: brianpoe
Where’s everyone getting josh jascsons name at? Is this just presumed or is there something out there naming him or Preston directly?

DSJ getting paid, just like we all assumed. State worked with Adidas to pay him. He pocketed over $100K before his freshman season began.
Ironic/sad thing for NCSU is that they'll get hammered and the school down the road, who cheated for 20+ years, and made tens of millions of dollars by having players kept academically eligible to win NCAA championships...skates.

That’s a bit misleading. It was an Adidas rep who paid Jackson.

Additionally, how any one can get excited about this again is beyond me. The NCAA has already shown they won’t do anything. You have Bagley who was paid hundreds of thousands by Nike, and it barely made a blip in the news. Circulated on online message boards for a few days and puttered out.
I agree with this. As a UK fan, I can't help but to be concerned that the shoe companies have been paying players for awhile, and even if we didn't know, we could be implicated if any of our players got paid. I honestly think it is naive to think none of our payers were paid. I don't think we paid anyone, but I bet someone did.

I agree with this. As a UK fan, I can't help but to be concerned that the shoe companies have been paying players for awhile, and even if we didn't know, we could be implicated if any of our players got paid. I honestly think it is naive to think none of our payers were paid. I don't think we paid anyone, but I bet someone did.

Agreed it is hard to protect against this, especially with high five stars.

Hell a family member or friend of Bam could have taken the money to deliver him to what ever school and he would be guilty in eyes of NCAA.

Why aren’t the Bagley looked at.

c20447790fac4ad9999b16024a368617.320x240x158_zps5kxmipnl.gif

It appears to be Billy Preston (likely)and DeSousa (definitely) according the dates mentioned. The release mentions Aug 2017, and only DeSousa committed then.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT