ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

♫"Well I think I'm losing my mind, this time
This time I'm losing my mind; that's right
I said I think I'm losing my mind, this time
This time, I'm losing my mind"♫
But little did you know...
Awesome n thanks!!!!

And you can hear the Rug Doctor now , but but they were all good kids and could speak seven languages and should be eligible to play right away !! How about that Jailhawks!!!

Who haven't they paid?

5wil94.jpg

2q34w11.jpg

Sadly nothing will happen to KU. Just read it, and the FBI report lists Kansas as the “victim” and specifically states that the rep intentionally concealed the payments from Kansas so they would not be aware.

That is what the NCAA will note, and nothing will happen.
Wrong. You can't play a player who has received an improper benefit, whether you knew about it or not. And the rules were tightened to cover parents after the Cam Newton fiasco. Memphis lost a season because Rose apparently cheated on his SAT. Memphis didn't know, Cal didn't know. But the cheating made him ineligible. Jackson was paid to play. That's still an NCAA violation.

Sadly nothing will happen to KU. Just read it, and the FBI report lists Kansas as the “victim” and specifically states that the rep intentionally concealed the payments from Kansas so they would not be aware.

Kansas themselves may not be punished per se, but the NCAA has shown that they’ll vacate games if a player has been proven ineligible, which if his parents took 30k, he was. They may have to vacate the season even if technically the school isn’t “punished”. I’d take a minus 30 or however many wins they had that year in the all-time wins race.

LOL. Hey Kneeburns, Hey RC Tex. About your crowing over small pickups in the All-Time wins race (even though Kentucky has had more wins in the majority of the years Cal has been here) .. Looks like you can subtract between 30 and 100...That's going to leave a mark...Better hold on tight to those Helms Banners, now more than ever...

Heck 55,
Do it correctly. THEN you know they will not miss your message...

@KneeBurns
@Nooneputsbabyinacorner
@TexasJayhawk1959
@TexasHawk10
@RC_Texas

It could happen to any school if they didn't know, but I'd be surprised if the coaches were totally unaware of these things.

Isn't this also what was alleged to have happened with Bam and Andy Miller's Agency (ASM Sports)?? What is the difference between these situations?? Does one involve more solid evidence than the other?? Should we be worried as well?

Bam supposedly got loan before he committed to UK, and 90K to Josh Jackson to go to KU. Also, it makes sense that if Bam did get money, which he denies, it wouldn't have been to go to UK, since Cal and Miller have zero relationship and we aren't an Adidas school. Unlike KU.

Last edited:
Reactions: sambowieshin
Just a guess...
Miami- Lonnie Walker. He picked them over us. He fell asleep at Big Blue Madness like he knew he wasn't coming here. He picked Miami shortly thereafter. Why would a 5 star go to Miami over UK??

NC State- Dennis Smith.

Kansas- Def Josh Jackson and probably Andrew Wiggins. Cal would not recruit Jackson, the #1 player in his class so that is clue #1. Wiggins was supposed to be a strong lean here then picks KU.

UL- Def Brian Bowen. I wonder if there's others? If so, look at VJ King. Ratino couldn't sign a 5 star to save his life when Cal got here and the last couple of years their "luck changed." Hmm.
I always Wondered about that kid who was a UK lock and picked UCLA out of the blue. Shabazz Muhammad was his name and UCLA was/is an Adidas school.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Just a guess...
Miami- Lonnie Walker. He picked them over us. He fell asleep at Big Blue Madness like he knew he wasn't coming here. He picked Miami shortly thereafter. Why would a 5 star go to Miami over UK??

Why would an 18 year old five star want to go to Miami over Lexington?

Really? Lol

Reactions: TankedCat
It's really not that difficult to actually read the probe and the articles. Awfully misleading. It states that Adidas paid them, not the coaches.

With that said, I can't wait for the Nike schools to be released. I already know 1K did a great job hiding it though.

The NCAA didn’t take that stance with Cal did they? He had no knowledge of anything yet they vacated a final four. Your school has its day coming...

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The indictments refer to a player that committed to Kansas on or about August 30, 2017. I've been told that would be Silvio DeSousa.

We will know when Self holds him out for violating team rules for a couple games and then makes up some other bullshit excuse only to see him end up playing in Pakistan or some other place with Lamelo.

Trying to be fair to the NCAA:

The Justice Department has previously stated that the NCAA should NOT pursue any action pertaining to allegations uncovered by the FBI until conclusion of the case.

Sooooooo....about a year or two for this to end, another year for the NCAA to decide to act, another year to actually investigate, a year for appeal of any NCAA action.

I guess we find out in about a half decade.

Reactions: CatCrazyChuk

Which is total bullshit. UMass and Memphis say hello.

I don't think the NCAA views vacated wins as a punishment tbh.

I think we are HOPING if Bam DID get money it was to go to NCState. In reality, the only evidence is a line on a ledger right now.
Time will tell.

Well, as far as I've read, this was done totally without KU's coaches involved. But with Loserville, it seemed to implicate coaches. The question for the NCAA will be "did any coach push Gatto to make this happen". Vacated wins for Kansas - yeah probably, just like us with Bam, but further punishment - don't think so unless coaches are directly involved (pitino)

ADVERTISEMENT