ADVERTISEMENT

KSR Rumor About Dickinson

Yes! Without Oscar we probably don’t make the tourney this year and last year limp in. When a player is a consensus poy there is usually good reason and I bet if oscar transfered wherever he went his team would be a natty threat and probably would make a run. When they follow that up with another AA year then he’s pretty damned good. To think oscar doesn’t make the team better is shear stupidity. When you have a broken backcourt two years in a row what the hell you want oscar to do huh? You surround a consensus poy with massive talent he hasn’t seen and let’s see what happens. Oscar is exactly what we need in this day of nil and over aged college players.
I'm most definitely willing to see what he does with better players around him, maybe they'll be able to hide his flaws.

Awards mean nothing. Does your player make the TEAM better? No, he doesn't. It's already been stated here why he doesn't. This is about roster building, not awards, accolades.
SEC All Defensive Team 2022. And you say “Oscar doesn’t play defense “

436-F1417-8007-4-F8-E-9558-32-B46-A723-C97.jpg

I'd tend to stick with the guy who we already have and the guy who gave us his all for 2 years. Could Dickinson be better than Oscar overall.. Maybe, maybe not. But I believe in the loyalty aspect of this, and you stick with the guy who wanted to come to Kentucky first.. not the guy who will come here but only if his criteria are met.

I'll ride with Oscar even if Hunter is better, and let the chips fall where they may.
.......//// End of thread , IMHO.

SEC All Defensive Team 2022. And you say “Oscar doesn’t play defense “

436-F1417-8007-4-F8-E-9558-32-B46-A723-C97.jpg
He doesn't. There are many counterpoints to both sides. Read what NBA scouts have to say about it. I'll go with what they say, what opposing coaches have said, and what I've seen. But keep doubling down.

We definitely need shot blocking and Im not sure where its going to come from. I have seen where Bradshaw is a natural shor blocker from different scouting services. I have also seen posters saying he's not the shot blocker thats being suggested. My faith in Cal to get this right is at an all time low.
Ugonna the best shot blocker to come through in a long time and Bradshaw is also solid. They’re fine with shot blocking.

Reactions: Ukgold
If he’s scared of the competition he needs to keep his A in the Big 10. Plus he seems very mouthy for a mediocre player. Give me 12 guys who want to win it all and a coach that can teach them how to do it.

Yes- Mash beats St Peters and KSU. Mash was an automatic bucket when you really needed it. We had no one who could score late, when it counted in those tourney losses.

The O that Mash created would’ve changed the complexion of both those games.
I'm a huge Oscar fan and I'm often forced to defend him. That said Mash was a transcendent offensive weapon for the Cat's. Mash was a matchup nightmare who thrived in the biggest moments. He probably carries you to at least the Final 8 imo. His ability to handle, control the ball and create is a huge separation.

IMO, most all-defensive teams are meaningless. Just remember that Duke’s Wojo was NATIONAL defensive player of the year. Wayne Turner and others roasted Wojo numerous times.
Big difference is Oscar doesn't play for Duke.

My exact thought as well. His biggest strength is the ability to shoot the three and I highly doubt Cal would let him do that much.

We’ve had several guys transfer to UK whos biggest strength was supposedly to “shoot the three.” I’ll remain pessimistic til I see it happen in a UK uniform in games that matter.

Regardless, like you said Cal isn’t giving him a greenlight out there.

I'm fine with Oscar returning, but if he does, he must up his D game. Having a couple of rim protectors might help improve the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT