ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl would kill it here

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
I honestly think he has dreamt of coaching at Kentucky for years, not UNC or Duke or Kansas or a blue blood program, but very specifically KENTUCKY.

He is outgoing, passionate, plays an exciting style, gets up and down, recruits his ass off. Has been to a final four (over Kentucky I might add).

And He would walk to Lexington. Compare that with guys who turn us down or aren’t sure about coming here.

I honestly think he has dreamt of coaching at Kentucky for years, not UNC or Duke or Kansas or a blue blood program, but very specifically KENTUCKY.

He is outgoing, passionate, plays an exciting style, gets up and down, recruits his ass off. Has been to a final four (over Kentucky I might add).

And He would walk to Lexington. Compare that with guys who turn us down or aren’t sure about coming here.
It may all work out to whether Bruce Pearl or Pope is our only pics left. I’m not even sure Pearl would take the job and leave Auburn.

I 100% agree that he would kill it here, but know there is absolutely no chance he gets a shot. He's still hungry, wants to prove people wrong and would do everything in his power to win a championship here.

Pearl would hate it here. Ever since we outlawed barbecues, he just doesn’t fit.

I do hear Hurley only loves horses and money though. We got both

Reactions: catzfanjim
I would be OK with Pearl, but he's farther down the list than Hurley, Drew, Donovan and a couple of others.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I 100% agree that he would kill it here, but know there is absolutely no chance he gets a shot. He's still hungry, wants to prove people wrong and would do everything in his power to win a championship here.
Why would pearl not get a shot? And don’t say ncaa bc cal had a ff vacated and was in process of having his second vacated when we hired him.

Reactions: dl51344

Of all the potential replacements he's the one with the greatest desire to be here and for a national championship. I'm not saying he's the best coach but he's a tremendous fit. He has been successful but with our resources and fanbase and his enthusiasm/personality it'd be a basketball powerhouse. Unfortunately, I'd say guys like Pearl, Beard, or Sean Miller would be the hungriest for the job.

Pearl would’ve absolutely crushed it at UK if he’d been hired 10 to 15 years ago. Not just for the coaching part, but his personality is also perfect for dealing with the off court PR part and dealing with the unique pressures of the UK job.

But I don’t like the idea of hiring a 64-year-old. UK ain’t for someone just riding out the final years of his career.

UK won't hire someone who really wants to be here and would unify the fan base. He may not be the best coach but at least he want to be here, and if you think he is the only coach to ever lied to the NCAA you have bumped your head.

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT