ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 set

I love Porters's game but he's 5'10 maybe ? He is a tremendous passer and ballhandler but not going to be tall enough for Power 5 hoops . Maybe I'm wrong . He is really skilled but isnt going to grow anymore I'd guess.
Tyler Ulis says you are spot on[winking]:rolleyes:

Ah, I see now Manitou, you and your boy are both short white guys huh.
Well that being the reason YOU chose to INSULT me, at least you can revel in the fact that I too am a short white guy. A millennial no, just a retired old man reviewing my recruiting service.

This comes up frequently about younger players, most notably in a couple of threads about Reed Sheppard. Some folks think it’s really weird to think a kid might be done growing by the time he’s a freshman. But it happens all the time (and that’s with true freshmen, not a 16 year old that’s a hold back). Some kids just grow early and are done early. People want to push back on that (usually followed by something like “I grew 6 more inches by the time I was a senior!”, as if that should then apply to every kid). I haven’t seen Porter, but the other three freshmen kid I’ve seen that have gotten a lot of attention (North Oldham, Ballard, Male), my strong suspicion is they are done growing. Based on physical appearance and height of Mom and Dad. When this came up last time, out of curiosity I looked at the starting 5 of our local school, all seniors, and compared them to their listed heights as freshmen. 3 of the 5 were the same height, one had grown 3 inches, and one had grown 1 inch. Which strikes me as pretty representative. If Porter is 5’10, I don’t really care how good he is, getting a D1 scholarship - let alone playing time at that level - is going to be a challenge.
Isnt the kid at N. Oldham a so/jr already committed to Auburn?

I've seen some dudes grow 4 to 5 inches in height after high school. Exception, not normal
My nephew was a 5'10 all 6th region player in 1970. Grew 4 " over the summer after his sr year. Signed a full scholarship , but never attended school.

My nephew was a 5'10 all 6th region player in 1970. Grew 4 " over the summer after his sr year. Signed a full scholarship , but never attended school.
It's all about genetics and every once in a while there are flukes both ways. My nephew in Muhlenberg had a 6 foot mom and 6'3 dad and was supposed to be 6'5, but only was 6'2. Has anybody ever seen Anthony Davis parents and twin sister, he was a fluke.

Reactions: Mojocat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT