ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky should not underestimate Louisville

If we don't run them out of their gym I will be shocked. I watched the Pepperdine game and UL looks awful although Pepperdine was even worse.
We all know teams like Louisville love to get hot against Kentucky lol. I’m sure they will win but at the same time we should treat every team we play like they are elite

Reactions: chill014 and KFuqua
There's absolutely no reason to not run them out of the gym. You have full squad back minus Big Z, you are playing an opponent that is hated rival, and you should have more fans in their gym. Kenny or not, this should be a 20+ win. I'm all for getting the W any means necessary, but there's just absolutely 0 reason this game should be difficult based on who you just beat on a neutral court and fact this environment should be favorable for Kentucky and at worst neutral based on how Louisville fans currently view their program.

We shouldn’t underestimate anyone, but it’s a rivalry game and the players want to win big for us.

We shouldn’t underestimate anyone, but it’s a rivalry game and the players want to win big for us.

I think that actually works against us.

I see this UofL game kind of like an NFL divisional game. Both programs know each other fairly well, we play every year. Kenny Payne knows Cal and vice versa. So when you think that a divisional game between a great team and a bad team, might be a blow out, it often times isn't, and is usually much closer than people originally thought. SImilar to how it's very difficult for an NFL team to beat the same team 3 times, things get evened out when teams are familiar with one another.

Obviously Louisville isn’t a great team but they have had close games with some top teams. Overall I think UK wins but I hope they don’t go in there and act like they already won before the game even starts.
We have been beaten by a lot of worse teams in the Cal era.

Reactions: KFuqua
If we don't run them out of their gym I will be shocked. I watched the Pepperdine game and UL looks awful although Pepperdine was even worse.
Pepperdine looked like they were playing with their men's volleyball team.

This would be a perfect place for one of those Hitler reaction videos, but I just don't have the energy and it's not 2013.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Obviously Louisville isn’t a great team but they have had close games with some top teams. Overall I think UK wins but I hope they don’t go in there and act like they already won before the game even starts.
How in the world would it be possible to “underestimate “ this Louisville team ? They are not worthy of being “estimated “. lol

Rivalry games can never be taken lightly.

Look no further than the UK-UL football game. Im sure Reed as a Kentucky guy will let these guys know about this rivalry.
What’s that even mean ? Anyone with 2 eyes and common sense knew that UL football team would have been a 4-6 sec team . We would beat them 6 out of 10 times . Maybe more .

I think this is one game Reed Sheppard will make sure the boys are easy for. Having him is huge for this game IMO.

Reactions: KFuqua
We’ve got a way better chance if their players aren’t playing. Did that one kid find tights? Is the other one gonna be in the stands or on the bench?

What’s that even mean ? Anyone with 2 eyes and common sense knew that UL football team would have been a 4-6 sec team . We would beat them 6 out of 10 times . Maybe more .

It means, just about anything can happen when rivals get together. Common sense, indeed.

Here's my question: how can you possibly overlook your top rival? Regardless of how weak that team seems to be, I don't think there is any chance UK takes UofL lightly. I think they will expect the Cardinals to be desperate for a win and to come out playing as hard as they possibly can. I expect the Cats to come in knowing they need to match UofL's energy and play the game like it's against a top 10 team. It's the only way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT