ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will not get a home run hire

Not like they did with Pitino and Calipari. Kentucky doesn’t have the same flare that it use to. Top coaches have to weight the risk to reward. We might offer more money. But is it worth the pressure of being fired in a few years? Is it worth having the negative fan base want to run you out if you miss the tournament or lose in the first round one year? Probably not. Which is why a home run hire won’t happen. Kentucky will get a good coach I believe. Just not a great one.
I think they better hope we get Drew. Because after him, your options are really going to decline
Just because Kentucky isn't for everyone, doesn't mean that Kentucky has lost it's "flare." That is such a lazy take on the issue.

office-space-joanna-and-stan-talking-e72nv3te40sr8acn.gif

Kentucky doesn’t have the same flare that it use to

Not like they did with Pitino and Calipari. Kentucky doesn’t have the same flare that it use to. Top coaches have to weight the risk to reward. We might offer more money. But is it worth the pressure of being fired in a few years? Is it worth having the negative fan base want to run you out if you miss the tournament or lose in the first round one year? Probably not. Which is why a home run hire won’t happen. Kentucky will get a good coach I believe. Just not a great one.
I think they better hope we get Drew. Because after him, your options are really going to decline
Cal was here for 15 years lol some of act like he was fired after 1 bad year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT