ADVERTISEMENT

JUST IN: NCAA to vacate UK 2012 National Title due to UL and SMU cheating!

BlueNotes

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2005
The NCAA announced in the early morning hours of October 4th, 2015 that they would be vacating the University of Kentucky men's basketball National Championship of 2012. In it's press release, NCAA President Mark Emmert was quoted, "When you look at the cheating that has happened in college basketball, its clear that it was time to vacate Kentucky's title. While we don't have any evidence that John Calipari was involved in the academics scandal at UNC and SMU or the sex scandal at Louisville, he is the Kentucky coach, therefore we've elected to vacate the Kentucky title."

Head Coaches at UNC, SMU, and Louisville were pleased to not have any NCAA sanctions brought against them and their programs. Roy Williams, UNC head coach, said, "It's not our responsibility to educate players, so I think it points a clear finger at Kentucky when their team has a 3.5 grad point average." Larry Brown, SMU head coach added, "At our school, we make sure someone attends classes instead of the student, I love John, but making sure the players attend classes is really not in the best interests of college basketball." Louisville Cardinal Coach Rick Pitino was adamant, "I don't condone cheating of any kind." While Indiana men's basketball Coach, Tom Crean, was very vocal in support of the decision, "I think it was the right decision. If you're not going to play a home and home series with a fading long time rival that does nothing to benefit your own program, then you should have your title vacated."

When asked for a response, UK Athletic Director, Mitch Barnhardt, and head coach John Calipari, released a joint statement.

"The NCAA's actions were not unexpected , they've been looking for a reason to take action since Coach Calipari was hired and when we failed to go undefeated last year - we knew that the 2012 title was in jeopardy. We figured they would go after the 40-0 title, but sadly we fell one game short. We'll join the NBA on a temporary basis until the NCAA's suspension is over and then get back to kicking everyone's ass like we've been doing."

Congrats on having absolutely no life. Posting a 10 page made up story at 235 am can only mean your lonely and have no life. I'm at work so I have an excuse.

Congrats on having absolutely no life. Posting a 10 page made up story at 235 am can only mean your lonely and have no life. I'm at work so I have an excuse.
Lol, you must be a generous soul, Wall2Boogie, to give the op like #1.

Head Coaches at UNC, SMU, and Louisville were pleased to not have any NCAA sanctions brought against them and their programs."

SMU was put on three years probation just this week. Nine scholarships lost. No postseason this year. Larry Brown was suspended for nine games. Fine of 1% of all basketball budget. Limitations on recruiting communication windows, contacts, and visits allowed.

The NCAA announced in the early morning hours of October 4th, 2015 that they would be vacating the University of Kentucky men's basketball National Championship of 2012. In it's press release, NCAA President Mark Emmert was quoted, "When you look at the cheating that has happened in college basketball, its clear that it was time to vacate Kentucky's title. While we don't have any evidence that John Calipari was involved in the academics scandal at UNC and SMU or the sex scandal at Louisville, he is the Kentucky coach, therefore we've elected to vacate the Kentucky title."

Head Coaches at UNC, SMU, and Louisville were pleased to not have any NCAA sanctions brought against them and their programs. Roy Williams, UNC head coach, said, "It's not our responsibility to educate players, so I think it points a clear finger at Kentucky when their team has a 3.5 grad point average." Larry Brown, SMU head coach added, "At our school, we make sure someone attends classes instead of the student, I love John, but making sure the players attend classes is really not in the best interests of college basketball." Louisville Cardinal Coach Rick Pitino was adamant, "I don't condone cheating of any kind." While Indiana men's basketball Coach, Tom Crean, was very vocal in support of the decision, "I think it was the right decision. If you're not going to play a home and home series with a fading long time rival that does nothing to benefit your own program, then you should have your title vacated."

When asked for a response, UK Athletic Director, Mitch Barnhardt, and head coach John Calipari, released a joint statement.

"The NCAA's actions were not unexpected , they've been looking for a reason to take action since Coach Calipari was hired and when we failed to go undefeated last year - we knew that the 2012 title was in jeopardy. We figured they would go after the 40-0 title, but sadly we fell one game short. We'll join the NBA on a temporary basis until the NCAA's suspension is over and then get back to kicking everyone's ass like we've been doing."
Drunk much?

I see what you were trying to do there, OP - but I think your timing was off and you put too much into it.

It was very well written and basically did express a thought I often see articulated on this board but, for some reason, it didn't quite work.

I feel for the OP because I have put a ton of work into a speaking engagement and thought it was very good, if not great, only to have it bomb big time. Then, I do something that I think isn't very good and I get a standing ovation. Such is the nature of life!

If I were the OP, I would delete the post and walk away. Everyone will forget it in a day or two anyway. I've done that a few times myself![winking]

I dunno. What INC did was REALLY REALLY bad. The most heinous act ever to be committed in the NCAA's history. Cheating without precedent. UL has made a laughing stock of player "perks" if you will. The NCAA may be forced to establish new rules regarding conjugal visits in addition to addressing massive academic fraud.

When you consider the magnitude of these transgressions, I think we'll be lucky if we only lose 96, 98 and 12. Its possible they might dip back to 78 just to teach INC and UL a lesson they'll not soon forget.

Less than an inch of humor.

Mods please perma ban op for having three usernames , the one he posted on and the two that liked it .

Last edited:
Reactions: downthehatch
I gave the OP a Like also. Not the funniest thing I've ever read, but good enough for me. Seems like he's trying to write in the style of The Onion, which is a good thing to do.

Op needs to do more threads like this only with louisville he will hit 10 likes in 8000 posts in no time lol

I gave the OP a Like also. Not the funniest thing I've ever read, but good enough for me. Seems like he's trying to write in the style of The Onion, which is a good thing to do.

For a minute, I thought maybe it really was copied from The Onion…I scrolled down to see if there was a link. So, kudos for a believably sarcastic writing style, OP. Just not quite funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT