ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Get Plucked by Gamecocks in Colossal Court-Storming Upset

Nov 25, 2023
Artificial Intelligence's assessment: (feel free to add/edit) ; )

The vaunted Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team, ranked #6 in the nation and coached by the $9 million man John Calipari, suffered an embarrassing defeat last night at the hands of the unranked South Carolina Gamecocks. The Gamecocks dominated from start to finish, trouncing the Cats by a score of 79-62 in Colonial Life Arena.

The highly-paid Calipari appeared flummoxed on the sidelines as his squad failed to execute even basic defensive assignments. "It's like they weren't even trying on defense!" exclaimed Calipari during a timeout huddle. "Do I really need to draw pictures for you guys to understand how to defend a simple inbounds play?"

Meanwhile, the Gamecocks displayed precision passing and lockdown defense that made Kentucky look like a JV team. "We were clicking on all cylinders tonight," said USC coach Lamont Paris. "I'm not sure Calipari even scouted us, the way we were scoring at will."

As the final buzzer sounded on the 17-point drubbing, South Carolina fans stormed the court in delirious celebration. "We just beat Kentucky! I can't believe it!" screamed one student as he crowd-surfed across a sea of garnet and black. Campus police tried halfheartedly to stop the court storming, but quickly gave up.

"This is what college basketball is all about," said Paris as he was engulfed by the swarming student section. "Big Blue Nation may have to wait until next year for banner #9."

The loss drops Kentucky to 14-4 on the season and puts their NCAA tournament hopes in jeopardy. As for South Carolina, could this court-storming victory be the win that propels the Gamecocks to make a Cinderella run in March? We'll have to wait and see.

I know this is in jest, but there's way too much truth in there. Hits waaaaaaay too close to home.

Cal is 5-5 against USCjr in his last 10.

COACHING MALPRACTICE.

Reactions: OleBum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT