ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo Fisher being bought out for 76 million

He’s the Cal of college football. UK needs to pony up the money like A&M is.

They have more money than brains, I agree he needs out but the AD does too because that’s a stupid contract to give any Coach. (Edit the AD that hired him is no longer the AD and hasn’t been for awhile).

Last edited:
Good lord. These universities are such corrupt cesspools, 5 years ago these same schools were saying they couldn’t afford to pay the athletes. 😂 They still won’t even pony up their own money and now expect the common fan to pony up NIL dollars while charging students 20k each for a sociology degree. It’s insane.

I don’t care about his time at UofL.. I’m talking about his UK resume. Best period of basketball post Rupp era by a long shot,

Caliparis first 6 seasons are up there as well, minus the Noel injury that derailed 2013. That team is probably a round of 32 or sweet 16 team if healthy.

Cal had 1 title and 4 final fours in his 6 but the NIT.

Pitino had 1 title and 3 final fours but never missed the ncaa.

Both probably win a 2nd title if not for key injuries and perhaps more with a key injury within ncaa tourney itself (brown n 1993 and wcs n 2014).

He’s the Cal of college football. UK needs to pony up the money like A&M is.

UK fans can’t afford cable. LOL acting like we’re in the same stratosphere as A&M fans and boosters.

They whined last year. And the year before And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.

And it falls on deaf ears exactly like it should. KY is successfully making the point that they run their basketball program, not some small group of disgruntled fans and pretenders. You think UK can’t buy out that contract? They have the coach they want. They make it pretty clear you are either which them or against them. GO CATS!!!!’

You can’t fire cal yet, Kentucky just can’t do that. For the people who want him fired name the clear cut replacement that is attainable because the two names that are always said are not attainable right now. I’m not CALs biggest fan either and think some of his beliefs with basketball will never change but uk cannot fire him for multiple reasons

Last edited:
You can’t fire cal yet, Kentucky just can’t do that. For the people who want him fired name the clear cut replacement that is attainable because the two names that are always said are not attainable right now. I’m not CALs biggest fan either and think some of his beliefs with basketball will never change but uk cannot fire him for multiple reasons
I agree but…. Just a terminology point. You can’t fire him simply because there is no material breach in his contract. The recourse is that you have to buy out his contract which is provided for in the language of the contract. UK could do that right now. Clearly their needs are being met as they have shown no inclination to do so.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
UK can’t let the fear of the unknown stop them from making the necessary changes to the program. If Cal’s not getting it done, a separation *HAS* to happen.

I agree and Barnhart needs to be out for the stupid contract he gave Cal. Instead he just got a contract extension.
Capilouto needs to go as well.
We’re moving backwards in all major sports.
Yeah, makes sense. This is from a poster who hasn't had a positive comment, about anything, since he joined the board. He is a miserable shit. Get rid of the UK president due to the poster not liking Cal. Smart.

UK can’t let the fear of the unknown stop them from making the necessary changes to the program. If Cal’s not getting it done, a separation *HAS* to happen.
This is the final year, they need to be good this year, if not then it’s legitimately time for a conversation by the people at Kentucky who make the decisions

That should never factor into the equation if UK wants to get rid of the coach.

If you want him gone then buy him out and deal with the replacement after.

But the university does want Cal gone. Nor does any insider that has a say.

The contract has nothing to do with it either.

If the powers that be wanted Cal gone the buyout would be a complete non issue. Just as it’s a non issue for them to get rid of Jimbo.

Cal’s contract is more likely to be extended than to be bought out.

Reactions: shodaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT