ADVERTISEMENT

Could Texas A&M come for Stoops?

we pay that much because people don't want to coach here. We've had one coach since Bear leave without being fired. I guess two because Brooks retired.
Not saying we should fire Stoops, but we are patient to a fault with our coaches here. To be so bad historically, we have probably had less coaching turnover than about anyone in the SEC. Claiborne and Curry both were allowed too long. Joker the only one in about three decades fired due to poor performance.

Point is understood. In the vast majority of jobs that most people have, if you show up on time, avoid conflict, and work reasonably competently, you can retire at that job and live happily ever after. But it doesn't work like this in college-football. You can work 100 hours a week, get along with everyone, be one of the best in the world at your job, and get tossed in a heartbeat for losing maybe one or two games in a given year that the fanbase thought you should've won. It sucks, but the job pays well, so there's that.

As for Stoops, he's not even on a hot seat, so for at least during a time period of couple of more years, he'll be leaving when and if he chooses.
It’s the way all extremely high paying jobs are. Equating it to 50-100k show up and go home jobs isn’t the same.

This. They're firing a guy they will owe 75 million. They ain't going cheap on the next hire. Doesn't mean it will be a good one, but it will be a splash for sure.

Jmo but it will be a high profile NFL guy. There are only 3-5 (if that) cfb guys worth the money they will offer, and all those guys will get matched where they are.

Jmo but coen is the name on our staff that will get serious hc talks. Young, bright, charismatic, ambitious guy.
Coen isn't getting that until he shows some consistent good results. He's the QB coach as well and Leary has been blah at best.

Coen isn't getting that until he shows some consistent good results. He's the QB coach as well and Leary has been blah at best.

You're looking at it all wrong. Even assuming you're right about Leary, that's execution. A good program thinks/knows they can get better players to execute the plan.

Coen's concepts and play calls are elite. That's what coaches see and know. That's why he will be a candidate for a nice job IF he wants it.

The anxiety attack he had earlier this year might have him pause on that push to the top, but if he wants it he will have an OC offer from a top flight program. We'll see how long he wants to stay

And every year other than this one it's been a slugfest and close games when recruiting rankings say games shouldn't be close. This year wast the norm for the game between us. But I understand your feelings about him. I just think he is a good coach who took over a program that had mid major and D2 talent and brought it to life. I know most aren't happy with his offense, and i wouldn't be either, but his biggest issue about not taking the next step is his recruiting. I know many have said UK can't sign the super elite kids, the only way to be sure of that is not recruit them. UK got the best RB out of the portal, have pulled multiple starters from the portal that could have gone anywhere.

I have never gave an opinion on keeping or firing CMS, That's a UK administration decision. But if he is forced out, the all time winningest coach in program history, his replacement better be a homerun hire.
I think I read recently he is the all time losingest coach too. Being somewhere a long time can skew things a bit

Reactions: cathouse
I don’t know what you do for a living, but it sounds like you would be fine with your boss walking in tomorrow morning and telling you that you have been a good employee but there has to be someone out there that can do better than you so he is firing you to search for that person. If you are on board with that kind of thinking, then I understand where you’re coming from. For me, that’s poor management.
If that is what you took from my post you are reading comprehension challenged.

I am responding to the posters on here with the ridiculous notion that we could not hire a coach if/when CMS leaves the job that is as good as CMS for $9M a year, and the crazy notion that there would be zero coaches out there interested in coaching UK and zero coaches who could do a better job as UK coach.

That is pure nonsense and my statement is that UK is a top 10 paying job in the nation with the LOWEST EXPECTATIONS OF WINNING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS in the country.

That is called the truth!

I also stated there are 132 D1 HC out there that can figure out how to run more than 50 offensive plays a year.

That is also the truth.
If the truth upsets you, you just can't handle the truth....
Lol. I got that line from a movie.

If your boss brought you in for your annual performance evaluation, what would he discuss about your performance this year?
How would YOU evaluate CMS on job performance this year if you were his supervisor???

Lifetime contracts nullify even the thought of performance outcomes unless there is a performance clause stating otherwise.

This is a sports blog. Nobody on here firing anybody. We just talk about our hopes and dreams for a winning SEC team. A team that can compete with the best and not be embarrassed by any team with a pulse.

We don’t have that kind of team right now and many think it will take new leadership to get us out of this rut.

And every year other than this one it's been a slugfest and close games when recruiting rankings say games shouldn't be close. This year wast the norm for the game between us. But I understand your feelings about him. I just think he is a good coach who took over a program that had mid major and D2 talent and brought it to life. I know most aren't happy with his offense, and i wouldn't be either, but his biggest issue about not taking the next step is his recruiting. I know many have said UK can't sign the super elite kids, the only way to be sure of that is not recruit them. UK got the best RB out of the portal, have pulled multiple starters from the portal that could have gone anywhere.

I have never gave an opinion on keeping or firing CMS, That's a UK administration decision. But if he is forced out, the all time winningest coach in program history, his replacement better be a homerun hire.
Serious question. At what point did Georgia football fans KNOW that the second all time winningest coach in Georgia FB history, Mark Ritch, would never get them to the next level and made the decision to move on from a really good man and a really good coach???

After all, MR won 10 games or more in 9 of his 15 years as coach at GA, and has an all time winning percentage of nearly 75% and won 145 games which is second only to the immortal Vince Dooley.

Yet, Georgia fans and admin decided he wasn't getting them to where they wanted to be.

When did that happen and what did Georgia do when they got to that place???

How has that move turned out for Georgia? You clearly hired a better coach that has taken you where you want to be.......at the top of college fb.

It was obviously the right move that took a lot of courage from VD to make that move. Fire MR to hire an unproven HC in Kirby Smart on the chance he would be the better coach who could move your program forward.

Our AD and many of our fans have low expectations.

Last edited:
If that is what you took from my post you are reading comprehension challenged.

I am responding to the posters on here with the ridiculous notion that we could not hire a coach if/when CMS leaves the job that is as good as CMS for $9M a year, and the crazy notion that there would be zero coaches out there interested in coaching UK and zero coaches who could do a better job as UK coach.

That is pure nonsense and my statement is that UK is a top 10 paying job in the nation with the LOWEST EXPECTATIONS OF WINNING CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS in the country.

That is called the truth!

I also stated there are 132 D1 HC out there that can figure out how to run more than 50 offensive plays a year.

That is also the truth.
If the truth upsets you, you just can't handle the truth....
Lol. I got that line from a movie.

If your boss brought you in for your annual performance evaluation, what would he discuss about your performance this year?
How would YOU evaluate CMS on job performance this year if you were his supervisor???

Lifetime contracts nullify even the thought of performance outcomes unless there is a performance clause stating otherwise.

This is a sports blog. Nobody on here firing anybody. We just talk about our hopes and dreams for a winning SEC team. A team that can compete with the best and not be embarrassed by any team with a pulse.

We don’t have that kind of team right now and many think it will take new leadership to get us out of this rut.
I think if UK pays $9 million starting out, they could attract several coaches. I don't think they will pay that starting out though. I also don't think they would attract a known, can't miss, game changing, type of coach. I think it would be a situation where we are choosing from top coordinators or up and coming head coaches from lower programs or swapping coaches with another mid-tier football program. Those moves are always a gamble. Stoops was a gamble. He panned out, but more times than not, changing coaches doesn't improve your program. There are very few sure-fire coaches a program can hire. That's why you keep a coach that has made your program better than it was before he got there.

In terms of how many plays we run per game. Does it matter if all those coaches you mentioned run more plays if they lose more games? I think our offense has been a huge disappointment but running more plays for the sake of running more plays buys you absolutely nothing. That being said, I think a more up-tempo style probably helps Leary. Do we avoid doing that because we don't have very many quality wide receivers? If you run a lot of plays, you have to have depth.

If I were evaluating Stoops this year, my question would be what his thoughts are regarding the talent level on the team. In other words, why does he think the defense and offense have both performed poorly. Is it youth in the secondary, poor schemes, poor play calling, poor talent at certain positions, etc. And I would want to know how he plans to fix those problems. If he believes the talent gap between us and the better teams in the SEC is widening, then the question becomes how do we fix it? If he thinks we have the talent, then how is he going to change the schemes so we get better results? If it's youth at key positions, then you evaluate based on whether we see significant improvement next year.

I think we all over hyped this team. Leary is not as good as advertised, the receivers aren't as good as we thought they would be, and the offensive line, while improved, is still not one of the better lines in the league. That makes for an average to below average offense. The defense has serious issues in the secondary and doesn't get a ton of pressure on the QB. I can't say the coaching has been bad. It looks like a combination of less talent and schemes that don't work as well when you don't have the same talent level at certain positions. I think the bigger question is long term strategy. We had an identity of being a tough, physical, running team. Stoops felt that we needed to change to a passing offense in order to continue to grow the program. Perhaps that will turn out to be a mistake. We shall see. We just don't seem to have much of an identity this year on either side of the ball. I think you need one to effectively recruit. We will see what happens. The schedule will just get tougher from here on out with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference. I hate to be pessimistic, but we may never be any better than we are now because we are a poor state and small market competing with less NIL money than many traditional football schools in our conference.

Reactions: Father Torque
The defense has serious issues in the secondary and doesn't get a ton of pressure on the QB. I can't say the coaching has been bad. It looks like a combination of less talent and schemes that don't work as well when you don't have the same talent level at certain positions.
If using schemes that don't fit your talent isn't bad coaching, then what is bad coaching? I'm talking about Stoops, not White; we all know White isn't free to use whatever defense he chooses.

I think if UK pays $9 million starting out, they could attract several coaches. I don't think they will pay that starting out though. I also don't think they would attract a known, can't miss, game changing, type of coach. I think it would be a situation where we are choosing from top coordinators or up and coming head coaches from lower programs or swapping coaches with another mid-tier football program. Those moves are always a gamble. Stoops was a gamble. He panned out, but more times than not, changing coaches doesn't improve your program. There are very few sure-fire coaches a program can hire. That's why you keep a coach that has made your program better than it was before he got there.

In terms of how many plays we run per game. Does it matter if all those coaches you mentioned run more plays if they lose more games? I think our offense has been a huge disappointment but running more plays for the sake of running more plays buys you absolutely nothing. That being said, I think a more up-tempo style probably helps Leary. Do we avoid doing that because we don't have very many quality wide receivers? If you run a lot of plays, you have to have depth.

If I were evaluating Stoops this year, my question would be what his thoughts are regarding the talent level on the team. In other words, why does he think the defense and offense have both performed poorly. Is it youth in the secondary, poor schemes, poor play calling, poor talent at certain positions, etc. And I would want to know how he plans to fix those problems. If he believes the talent gap between us and the better teams in the SEC is widening, then the question becomes how do we fix it? If he thinks we have the talent, then how is he going to change the schemes so we get better results? If it's youth at key positions, then you evaluate based on whether we see significant improvement next year.

I think we all over hyped this team. Leary is not as good as advertised, the receivers aren't as good as we thought they would be, and the offensive line, while improved, is still not one of the better lines in the league. That makes for an average to below average offense. The defense has serious issues in the secondary and doesn't get a ton of pressure on the QB. I can't say the coaching has been bad. It looks like a combination of less talent and schemes that don't work as well when you don't have the same talent level at certain positions. I think the bigger question is long term strategy. We had an identity of being a tough, physical, running team. Stoops felt that we needed to change to a passing offense in order to continue to grow the program. Perhaps that will turn out to be a mistake. We shall see. We just don't seem to have much of an identity this year on either side of the ball. I think you need one to effectively recruit. We will see what happens. The schedule will just get tougher from here on out with Texas and Oklahoma joining the conference. I hate to be pessimistic, but we may never be any better than we are now because we are a poor state and small market competing with less NIL money than many traditional football schools in our conference.
All of the issues/concerns that you just listed are directly under the control AND the responsibility of the HC.

Other than your statement about having an AD that will be unwilling to pay what it takes to get a championship level coach at UK. He will definitely try to go cheap again if the job ever opens up on his watch. We can agree on that.

The bigger question you should be asking yourself about these obvious problems with our current program is this.

Do we have the person in place to correct these problems, and......the even bigger question is WILL HE???

We are 11 years in. This ought to be an easy question to answer.

UK fans are way to quick to accept mediocrity in our major sports programs, and so is the AD.

Status Quo.

Last edited:
If using schemes that don't fit your talent isn't bad coaching, then what is bad coaching? I'm talking about Stoops, not White; we all know White isn't free to use whatever defense he chooses.
Most programs recruit to a scheme they prefer to play. Sometimes you have youth issues, so the decision making isn't good, and sometimes you just have less talent. I don't think schools change schemes annually to fit personnel, they recruit players who fit their preferred schemes. I would guess the biggest problem with the secondary is most of them are sophomores. They don't have a lot of experience and they make mental errors that cost us some big plays. It's part of coaching, especially at schools like UK, that your talent level and experience isn't consistent from year to year. Most programs ebb and flow because that and we are no exception. If you based coaching decisions on a single year, then when you are 10 - 2, you think every coach we have is one the best in the country and then when you are 7 - 5 they suddenly suck. The reality is most programs are not consistent from year to year. Some years you are up and some years you are down.

All of the issues/concerns that you just listed are directly under the control AND the responsibility of the HC.

Other than your statement about having an AD that will be unwilling to pay what it takes to get a championship level coach at UK. He will definitely try to go cheap again if the job ever opens up on his watch. We can agree on that.

The bigger question you should be asking yourself about these obvious problems with our current program is this.

Do we have the person in place to correct these problems, and......the even bigger question is WILL HE???

We are 11 years end. This ought to be an easy question to answer.

UK fans are way to quick to accept mediocrity in our major sports programs, and so is the AD.

Status QuoQUOTE.
All are under the control of the head coach, but no program does not have up and down years. You can't take one year and judge a staff or program. What were you saying the two years we were 10 - 2, that Stoops is the greatest coach ever? The truth is he is a good coach and has a good staff but this is a down year.

As I said before, even if he paid $9 million, it's a gamble. Outside of a very few coaches, no coach UK will hire is a sure thing.

I would expect he will try to correct what he perceives to be the problem. That may not be what you perceive to be the problem.

Being 11 years in is a meaningless point. The players aren't 11 years in and they are the ones playing. Inexperienced players make a lot of mistakes that experienced don't. Some players also never learn to control their emotions and they make mistakes because of it. Each team is different and that's why every single program has some years where they are better and some where they are worse.

Fans don't accept mediocrity with our programs. Just because you hire a new coach every few years doesn't mean you are making progress toward a competitive program. Pretty much the same programs are at the top of college as when I was a kid. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, and Nebraska were probably the top programs during my youth. Everyone else has been changing coaches to try and find magic in a bottle. A few have dropped off after losing coaches, but not many have joined those programs. The idea that sticking with a coach who has done a very good job of building a historically crappy program into a respectable one is accepting mediocrity is preposterous. Sticking with someone who has done what virtually no other coach has done here is a much better path to success than changing coaches every few years because we aren't competitive with Georgia and Alabama.

All are under the control of the head coach, but no program does not have up and down years. You can't take one year and judge a staff or program. What were you saying the two years we were 10 - 2, that Stoops is the greatest coach ever? The truth is he is a good coach and has a good staff but this is a down year.

As I said before, even if he paid $9 million, it's a gamble. Outside of a very few coaches, no coach UK will hire is a sure thing.

I would expect he will try to correct what he perceives to be the problem. That may not be what you perceive to be the problem.

Being 11 years in is a meaningless point. The players aren't 11 years in and they are the ones playing. Inexperienced players make a lot of mistakes that experienced don't. Some players also never learn to control their emotions and they make mistakes because of it. Each team is different and that's why every single program has some years where they are better and some where they are worse.

Fans don't accept mediocrity with our programs. Just because you hire a new coach every few years doesn't mean you are making progress toward a competitive program. Pretty much the same programs are at the top of college as when I was a kid. Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, and Nebraska were probably the top programs during my youth. Everyone else has been changing coaches to try and find magic in a bottle. A few have dropped off after losing coaches, but not many have joined those programs. The idea that sticking with a coach who has done a very good job of building a historically crappy program into a respectable one is accepting mediocrity is preposterous. Sticking with someone who has done what virtually no other coach has done here is a much better path to success than changing coaches every few years because we aren't competitive with Georgia and Alabama.
Sorry. That just sounds like a lot of "acceptance of mediocrity " to me.

I have always worked in a totally different environment. Where results matter. Being competitive matters. Striving for improvement matters.

Where continually failing to meet expectations for success resulted in the old " leaving to pursue other opportunities " talk from your boss.

I guess that is passe in government funded occupations like education or privately financed employees like major college coaches.

Oh well. Acceptance it is. Maybe next year will be our year........

We can only hope because there is never a real plan to get us there.

Sorry. That just sounds like a lot of "acceptance of mediocrity " to me.

I have always worked in a totally different environment. Where results matter. Being competitive matters. Striving for improvement matters.

Where continually failing to meet expectations for success resulted in the old " leaving to pursue other opportunities " talk from your boss.

I guess that is passe in government funded occupations like education or privately financed employees like major college coaches.

Oh well. Acceptance it is. Maybe next year will be our year........

We can only hope because there is never a real plan to get us there.
I own a consulting company, so I understand competition and trying to improve, but I don't fire people who are doing a good job and trying to improve for the hope that I can find someone better. Stoops works hard and trieds to improve the program. He not only tries, but he has also greatly improved the program. There is a big difference in what you describe and Stoops. He has met expectations and for many across the country who didn't think UK could ever field a competitive football team, he has exceeded expectations. The problem you are having is as he improves the programs you are raising the expectations. That's fine, but you have to do it with recognition of where we came from and what he has accomplished. You feel as though Stoops has reached his ceiling. That may be true but his ceiling is higher than UK football has ever been accepting when The Bear was the coach. I don't think you move from a coach like that because he hasn't taken the step to make us elite. It also may be true that the program has hit its ceiling. I don't like to consider that, but it's a possibility.

I own a consulting company, so I understand competition and trying to improve, but I don't fire people who are doing a good job and trying to improve for the hope that I can find someone better. Stoops works hard and trieds to improve the program. He not only tries, but he has also greatly improved the program. There is a big difference in what you describe and Stoops. He has met expectations and for many across the country who didn't think UK could ever field a competitive football team, he has exceeded expectations. The problem you are having is as he improves the programs you are raising the expectations. That's fine, but you have to do it with recognition of where we came from and what he has accomplished. You feel as though Stoops has reached his ceiling. That may be true but his ceiling is higher than UK football has ever been accepting when The Bear was the coach. I don't think you move from a coach like that because he hasn't taken the step to make us elite. It also may be true that the program has hit its ceiling. I don't like to consider that, but it's a possibility.
Wow. I literally was going to respond to your "questions" for the coach, that those questions are for consultants to answer concerning " what is wrong and what will it take to fix it".

I totally understand your perspective now.

I have worked as an operational consultant before, but I have also worked in operations where positive results are expected or they will get someone who can get the results that management not only wants but totally expects for the money they paid me to manage their operations.

College football is a big business. Many just see it as entertainment, and that is ok.

Ok so name someone we could go get. I have 70 years of history. What makes you think UK will magically contend, and why haven’t we gotten this coach yet? I’d love to see it but I don’t see anyway Stoops gets fired or even leaves at this point. Maybe if he stops winning 7-8 games a year.
An Urban Meyer hire might do it but he wouldn’t want to come here.

Reactions: Fox2monk
An Urban Meyer hire might do it but he wouldn’t want to come here.
We already tried hiring a coach away from a big time program; they only come when they're on the hot seat there. While we could not get the Urban Meyer that has become a legendary coach at Alabama, the money we pay might have gotten Meyer before he went to Alabama...so our best chance would be to identify the next up and coming Meyer type. Of course that would take a different AD than ours.

Just because you hire a new coach every few years doesn't mean you are making progress toward a competitive program.
You win the interweb for the day!!

The 51 years from 1962 until 2013 say “Hello!” Nine coaches with an average run of just over 5 seasons.

Churning through coaches is a recipe for the constant ups-and-downs we suffered through the first 50 years of my life.

Sure: we didn’t “accept mediocrity,” but we achieved hideous football.

There was a brief burst of optimism with each hire, but even HOF Coach Claiborne could not overcome the downtrend following an initial boost of success.

Stoops appears to have done so with 2 ten win seasons in years 6 and 9 of his tenure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Father Torque
You would think Jumbo Fisher, who won a NC at FSU, would have done wonders as well. Something ain’t right down there in College Station.
Fisher looked lost on the sideline. He was always fumbling his Denny’s menus, maybe the game passed him by?

Jimbo was on the verge of being fired at FSU. Then Jamis came along and saved his job and apparently made him a rich man. They were sick of him when he left and he left a mess.

As for CMS
I heard it was his wife with football players that left the mess, but I wasn't there-so who knows?!!!

Just going by stoops history. I think this is his last job. Growing up as a public school coach's son he has more money than he ever thought possible, his dad died on a side line, his older brother retired before 60, I think CMS does the same. That isn't meant to be negative in any way, but his family history is what it is. Time to enjoy his time. I personally think he is one of the better coaches in SEC,
Grumpy will trade him for Smart and throw in an 80 inch plasma tv.

The man hasn't been perfect by any stretch. Can you please give a replacement for him? That's not even including a buyout. I've been pissed at Stoops at times, but I haven't mentally ejaculated on his replacement.

Maybe, you're right and I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time I am. Show me a good replacement with the donors to actually pay for it and I'm down.
Hooj, is ejaculated really the word you were intending? lol!

Stoops will be a candidate imo. He’s overachieved at UK by the programs historical standards. Has low buyout relative to the big names. Would recruit TX well. Checks lots of boxes.
Fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed!

Reactions: bigbluedon
Serious question. At what point did Georgia football fans KNOW that the second all time winningest coach in Georgia FB history, Mark Ritch, would never get them to the next level and made the decision to move on from a really good man and a really good coach???

After all, MR won 10 games or more in 9 of his 15 years as coach at GA, and has an all time winning percentage of nearly 75% and won 145 games which is second only to the immortal Vince Dooley.

Yet, Georgia fans and admin decided he wasn't getting them to where they wanted to be.

When did that happen and what did Georgia do when they got to that place???

How has that move turned out for Georgia? You clearly hired a better coach that has taken you where you want to be.......at the top of college fb.

It was obviously the right move that took a lot of courage from VD to make that move. Fire MR to hire an unproven HC in Kirby Smart on the chance he would be the better coach who could move your program forward.

Our AD and many of our fans have low expectations.

When Mark Rixht was hired he came to UGA and was focused, our teams were focused and it showed on the field. Then his wife become ill, and his focus was more on her, as it should have been. Thinks got lax, he refused to oversight, we played the 2012 season with 68 scholardhipped player with RS and kickers included in that number. He let recruiting slide, an example a kid wanted to come to UGA for a visit last weekend before signing, was told we were full, our staff took the weekend off while signing a class of 22.

CMR is battling Parkinson, I don't know for how long, but he didn't look good the last year or 2 he was with UGA.

but the straw that broke the camel's back happened in Jax. During the off week, staff decided to make a change at QB. Went from a drop back in the pocket passer to a dual threat kid who was better runner than passer who was 3rd string. But didn't change the offense kept him the pocket and he threw 4 1st half int. CMR was fired before team got back to Athens, he just didnt know it yet and Kirby was hired out from under South Carolina and the AD didn't know any of it. He was told the terms, to get the contract done and if his penny counting f#$ked things up he was gone to.

Kirby was going to take the South Carolina job, the handful of boosters who made the deal wanted.

But CMR was always very loyal, he wouldn't make a change when it was pretty clear one was needed, and he was stubborn. That UF game was like him saying it's my team and i will run it how i want, and it got him fired.

The changes were unbelieablely fast. Practices were closed except for 5-7 minutes, players were no longer speaking to reporters after every practice. CMR had hired a S&C coordinator who was previously in charge of video equipment maintained, but well liked. Kirby cleaned house, kept 1 assistant for a year, added 35 support staffers, our S&C guy is one of the best in college athletics, if a coach doesn't produce he gets another job. Working for Kirby isn't easy, we are going to loose some coaches after this season, don't know who but that's the word.

VD had zero to do with firing CMR or hiring Kirby. He was a beloved former coach with his name and likeness are around the program. He was the AD that hired CMR, but resigned around 2005 and stepped away from the program because the president kept moving athletic funds into general funds. His last job was as a consultant when kennesaw State started their football program in 2008.

Sorry for the book, but yes firing Richt was a gamble, but it paid off.

Grumpy will trade him for Smart and throw in an 80 inch plasma tv.

Won't make that trade, but I think the only coaches clearly better are Saban and Kirby. Kelly has always had way more talent than Stoops and still losing 3-4 games a year, Drink's seat was getting hot and he has one of the oldest teams around, he hasn't don't anything Stoops hasn't, Freeze is a couple games over 500 in SEC, Jimbo and Pittman clearly werent.,Beamer? Who is clearly a better coach in SEC? Now there are quite a few better recruiters, I don't think the overall talent level is where it has to be.

I wouldn't trade Kirby for Saban today. Saban is on the last leg of a remarkable career, Kirby is 20+ year younger.

I am really waiting for a Team to go all in and create the "suck it NCAA" dream team. A&M might be the perfect place. They start by hiring Tom Jurich to be the AD. Follow that up with the Urban Meyer/Art Briles/Jeremey Pruitt/Bobby Petrino coaching dream team.

From that point, your recruiting pitch is just Boats and Hoes! The recruiting center gets an oriental massage parlor, and all the recruiting hostesses have OnlyFans accounts. Let the magic happen and dare the NCAA to do anything about it.

Reactions: Bilrus61
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT