ADVERTISEMENT

Could Texas A&M come for Stoops?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

They will go cheaper.
Try to get the guy at kansas or liberty or james Madison.

I'm happy with Stoops, but the Bloom is off the rose.
If anyone makes a run, it's Iowa, maybe.

Reactions: Soupbean
They will back up the Brinks truck up to Stoops house. Beep.......Beep.........Beep. He'll come out of this the highest paid coach in history.

You would think Jumbo Fisher, who won a NC at FSU, would have done wonders as well. Something ain’t right down there in College Station.

Jimbo was on the verge of being fired at FSU. Then Jamis came along and saved his job and apparently made him a rich man. They were sick of him when he left and he left a mess.

As for CMS

Last edited:
A&M football does nothing cheap. Not the stadium/facilities, not the coaches, not NIL, nothing

This. They're firing a guy they will owe 75 million. They ain't going cheap on the next hire. Doesn't mean it will be a good one, but it will be a splash for sure.

Jmo but it will be a high profile NFL guy. There are only 3-5 (if that) cfb guys worth the money they will offer, and all those guys will get matched where they are.

Jmo but coen is the name on our staff that will get serious hc talks. Young, bright, charismatic, ambitious guy.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just going by stoops history. I think this is his last job. Growing up as a public school coach's son he has more money than he ever thought possible, his dad died on a side line, his older brother retired before 60, I think CMS does the same. That isn't meant to be negative in any way, but his family history is what it is. Time to enjoy his time. I personally think he is one of the better coaches in SEC,

They will go cheaper.
Try to get the guy at kansas or liberty or james Madison.

I'm happy with Stoops, but the Bloom is off the rose.
If anyone makes a run, it's Iowa, maybe.
SMU is right down the road. Lashlee is a good ball coach.

You might wanna check class talent rankings for that. Yes, his clock management can be infuriating at times. But his results are above par.
Those rankings are not transferring to the on field product. We have some 4 star players not even getting playing time. Rankings from high school do not mean victories in college. His in game management is the worst in the business. Wasted timeouts, stupid penalties, undisciplined play have killed this team. In my opinion and I do not know this to be fact but all indications are that he is a control freak, unwilling to surrender that control when it comes to managing this team. Yes we get some good players but getting 4-5 when other schools are getting 15-20 then not developing them because you refuse to trust your coaches. Kids want to play an exciting brand of football. Running the fewest offensive plays in D1 means they may only get 2-3 opportunities to be involved in a game. It’s boring, they lose focus then they start losing interest. It’s a losing mentality that he’s refused to change over the years. Yes it’s led to some great seasons but each season is different based on personnel. We have had one running back really shine this year, we have wasted our 3 best wide receivers. I would not be a bit surprised if Brown, Key hit the portal. Dane Key looked like he was saying goodbye yesterday.

Those rankings are not transferring to the on field product. We have some 4 star players not even getting playing time. Rankings from high school do not mean victories in college. His in game management is the worst in the business. Wasted timeouts, stupid penalties, undisciplined play have killed this team. In my opinion and I do not know this to be fact but all indications are that he is a control freak, unwilling to surrender that control when it comes to managing this team. Yes we get some good players but getting 4-5 when other schools are getting 15-20 then not developing them because you refuse to trust your coaches. Kids want to play an exciting brand of football. Running the fewest offensive plays in D1 means they may only get 2-3 opportunities to be involved in a game. It’s boring, they lose focus then they start losing interest. It’s a losing mentality that he’s refused to change over the years. Yes it’s led to some great seasons but each season is different based on personnel. We have had one running back really shine this year, we have wasted our 3 best wide receivers. I would not be a bit surprised if Brown, Key hit the portal. Dane Key looked like he was saying goodbye yesterday.

The man hasn't been perfect by any stretch. Can you please give a replacement for him? That's not even including a buyout. I've been pissed at Stoops at times, but I haven't mentally ejaculated on his replacement.

Maybe, you're right and I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time I am. Show me a good replacement with the donors to actually pay for it and I'm down.

I live in Houston. You're 100% dead on. 76 million ain't shit for the gas and oil donors here. In fact they probably are the ones that want him gone.
I live in Dallas and know better. Texans are all loud mouths that talk big, but aren't shyt. Especially that cult in College Station. Didn't break the bank for Mike Sherman. Not for Kevin Sumlin. Buzz Williams. Bill Kennedy. They paid too much for Jimbo, but if money was truly no object, they'd fired him two years ago. All hat, no cattle. Some small timer going to get a nice promotion, but not Stoops money.

The man hasn't been perfect by any stretch. Can you please give a replacement for him? That's not even including a buyout. I've been pissed at Stoops at times, but I haven't mentally ejaculated on his replacement.

Maybe, you're right and I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time I am. Show me a good replacement with the donors to actually pay for it and I'm down.
And, to further your earlier point, talent translates more often than not. It’s why the same teams with the highest rated recruiting classes tend to be ranked at the end of the year, year-in and year-out.

Reactions: grevey35
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT