ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo Fisher getting fired today

Maybe it's just me but with all of the resources available to the schools in Texas, they sure don't seem to win as much as they should. Texas caught lightning in a bottle with Vince Young and a title back in the 70's is all I can remember for the entire state in my lifetime.

Show Me The Money GIF

Maybe it's just me but with all of the resources available to the schools in Texas, they sure don't seem to win as much as they should. Texas caught lightning in a bottle with Vince Young and a title back in the 70's is all I can remember for the entire state in my lifetime.

Vince Young might not have even been born in the 70s, but I get what you're saying. I thinknit was the 90s maybe.

Vince Young might not have even been born in the 70s, but I get what you're saying. I thinknit was the 90s maybe.
Vince Young was 2005. The only other title I can remember was another in the 70's that I'm too young to remember.

if he gets a coaching job, the payments only offset - if he coaches for 1 million somewhere, they still owe him the rest of his annual payout.

If he gets a tv job, it’s payment in full. Look for him on the ACC network.

Reactions: FltDoc
FSU was trending downward when he left. A&M recruiting top 5 in the nation and can't compete with the better teams in the SEC. The guy is not an elite coach.

A&M isn't an elite program.

Who's gone into the west and taken over...usurped Bama, LSU, Auburn? In fact, who has come into the SEC and been "elite"?

Meyer, Saban, Kirby, Miles...that's it and they all did it at well-established elite programs not a mid-tier B12.

I would probably agree he's not elite tier but only about 5 guys are.

None of them are going to sniff A&M. They'll be lucky to get another Jimbo. Some dude who got hot in a weaker conference, had a nice offense, put some solid talent in the pros.

We already know who their list is because it's the same as everybody else's list. No elite coaches cause those guys have jobs they ain't leaving.

Elko, Norvell-Both caught a weak ACC, have pro QBs...sound familiar?

Lanning, DeBoer-Both will have better offers from more elite programs probably even some NFL sniffs. We'll see how they do in the B10 next year.

Lane Kiffin-He's got a great gig at Ole Miss without a lot of pressure/expectations. He's on the scene and nipping at the heels of the big dogs and probably just a top tier QB away from really making some noise. Aggies would be lateral at best.

if he gets a coaching job, the payments only offset - if he coaches for 1 million somewhere, they still owe him the rest of his annual payout.

If he gets a tv job, it’s payment in full. Look for him on the ACC network.
I hear what you're saying, but he's really not very t.v. "friendly"...

A&M isn't an elite program.

Don't think this a a huge hurdle, meaning that kids want to be paid, and given a chance at getting to the league....

If the right staff is in place (NFL pedigree), and the $$ is there (A&M has plenty of that), then the kids will follow...

Look no further than our OC.... we just need other coaches around him <in ranked order>: Head coach & recruiting coordinator because everything starts at the top + recruits, then....

fill in the blanks with better coaches in whatever areas .. I would start with the OL and DL....

Go CATS!

I'm going to go slightly opposite on your take. I don't know where all the hype from A&M came from.

I mean who do they and everyone else think they are?

They were never more than a middle tier B12 team. They were a mid-tier team with Sherman, Sumlin.

They're a mid-tier team with Jimbo.

I just don't know why they and everyone else thought Jimbo was going to roll in from a weak ACC and do much in the best football division.

They're not a destination program. They have to compete with Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Tech, SMU, Houston plus the SEC big dogs just for their own home-grown talent. Forget going out of state and trying to use name/brand when they're not even a big enough name and brand in their own home.

They don't have a big national brand name/identity. Forget Oklahoma and Texas when they were B12...Mike Gundy and OSU I feel were and still are bigger names/brands and more attractive to play for. Baylor and Tech for a hot minute were as well.

This isn't on Jimbo. He proved he can coach and win at a high level. This is on the aggies for thinking they're a top tier SEC school when they were never even in the hunt in the B12.

They drug him down. He should've stayed in the ACC and kept on at about a 10–12-win pace and occasional play off sniff. His only competition was Dabo.
Most of the UK fans on here have the same mindset.

If you can't get the top talent, you can't compete in the SEC.

Jimbo and T&AM have had 5-6 top 10 recruiting classes since he has been head coach.

The HC has to be as talented ( in coaching) as his players.

It doesn't matter how many star players you recruit if you can't manage a program and coach them up on Saturday.

Jimbo is very limited. Trying to be nice.
The A&M AD said it best. If your program is not moving forward, YOU ARE STUCK!!! And, changes have to be made to get you unstuck....

Are we moving forward??

Last edited:
But what does Jimbo do after the buyout?

Oh yeah, anything he wants especially since he will have about $50M in cash lying around

Chump change to most of you guys though

Most of the UK fanscon here have the same mindset.

If you can't get the top talent, you can't compete in the SEC.

Jimbo and T&AM have had 5-6 top 10 recruiting classes since he has been head coach.

The HC has to be as talented ( in coaching) as his players.

It doesn't matter how many star players you recruit if you can't manage a program and coach them up on Saturday.

Jimbo is very limited. Trying to be nice.
The A&M AD said it best. If your program is not moving forward, YOU ARE STUCK!!! And, changes have to be made to get you unstuck....

Are we moving forward??

Yeah I'd agree they're stuck...right behind LSU, Auburn, Bama. Well established historically dominant winning programs with hardware. Throw in Kiffin who isn't going anywhere, he's on a solid 9-10 wins a season track with Ole Miss.

I'd say maybe 2 coaches could come in and sniff the type of success those fans and brass think they are entitled too...Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer. Stoops will never consider them they were beneath him in the B12 they're beneath him now, Urban might.

Again...who are the aggies?...they had one conference title in the B12. If they have Championship fever, then they may want to consider changing conferences. Go to the PAC try their luck against Stanford, Utah, and Arizona St. Maybe go back to the B12 now that horns and sooners are gone.

But what does Jimbo do after the buyout?

Oh yeah, anything he wants especially since he will have about $50M in cash lying around

Chump change to most of you guys though

I'd say maybe booth or Saban "Analyst"...then HC again somewhere PAC 12 or ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT