ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright to the Knicks

His reason for not coming to UK was he couldn't deal with living in a fishbowl and all the attention it brought to him

Granted, 2 national titles is going to get him some notoriety but still, coach of Villanova is about as quiet a life as he can have given what he has accomplished.

The Knicks have gone thru 11 coaches in like 20 years, Steve Kerr turned them down, they chased off Phil Jackson, Mike D'Antoni too - all 3 uber successful NBA coaches.

I can't imagine him even considering it for more than 10 seconds.

Villanova was his favorite team growing up as well and that means a lot in the Big 5. He just finished going to a final four when he turned us down as well. He has a good program and has stated he likes that when it's not basketball season, he can go out and no one cares cause it's a pro sports town.

The NY Knicks organization is a cesspool.....no way anyone with common sense goes there until Dolan is gone.

Villanova was his favorite team growing up as well and that means a lot in the Big 5. He just finished going to a final four when he turned us down as well. He has a good program and has stated he likes that when it's not basketball season, he can go out and no one cares cause it's a pro sports town.

I can't imagine any reason he would want to go there. He has it made an Nova and if he wanted to go to the NBA there would be better situations. The Knicks have a lot of tradition but they are currently a dumpster fire.

I wanted that 2015 championship so bad

No way we should have lost

That's because you refuse to acknowledge the capacities of both Wisconsin and Duke that year then. We just didn't have some amazing differential from either team to think it in anyway unreasonable to lose a one off to either.

Seven game series, I'd think we'd beat either most of the time but even that is not a lock scenario. Wisconsin's offensive efficiency was flat stellar and we were down our best non 5 defender.

Lots of fans have convinced themselves the 2015 team was undefeatable I guess because we came so close to being undefeated but that was never true and always unrealistic.

What if you could change jobs, triple your salary, work three or four years, and never worry about $$ again?

Jay Wright, in his own words:

O’NEIL: Before we move on to how those decisions could impact your team, what about you? Do you have any interest in moving on to the NBA?

WRIGHT: I’m staying. I love it here. I love what we’re doing. I’m just really happy. I said when I was at Hofstra and I didn’t take other jobs, I used that old Jim Valvano line, Don’t mess with happy. That seemed appropriate at Hofstra until this job opened. It’s still really appropriate. I’m very happy here. I don’t need another challenge. I like happy better than a new challenge.

The NBA does intrigue me. That challenge is appealing, but it’s not worth giving up working with these guys. The whole thing is, to take a new challenge you have to give up what you have. I don’t want to give up what I have. Would I like to coach in the NBA? Yes. But I have to give this up in order to do that, and I don’t see that happening.

^ Wisconsin was the only team I wanted to avoid in that tournament. Was not worried about Duke.

2014 was pretty upsetting because we beat so many better teams but lost to a terrible UConn team. Explain that. Lol

Agreed. I'd say we beat 4 teams in the tournament that were better than UConn. The only lesser opponent I'd say was K-State.

He'll never leave. He's on a great run right now and would be a fool to give that up. You can take the money any other job offers but if it doesn't work out, that money will end and may not capture lighting in a bottle twice in another job in college. For any successful coach chasing money, have to think long and hard if you believe you're going to be successful somewhere else. If you have a good job with everything in top shape, you'll accrue that money in the long run.

That's because you refuse to acknowledge the capacities of both Wisconsin and Duke that year then. We just didn't have some amazing differential from either team to think it in anyway unreasonable to lose a one off to either.

Seven game series, I'd think we'd beat either most of the time but even that is not a lock scenario. Wisconsin's offensive efficiency was flat stellar and we were down our best non 5 defender.

Lots of fans have convinced themselves the 2015 team was undefeatable I guess because we came so close to being undefeated but that was never true and always unrealistic.

We were 10 points better than Wisconsin and Duke!
Cal choked at the end of that game by not calling a timeout to real the Harrison twins in.
Wisconsin had no answer for KAT! We get up 4 and Cal goes into prevent loss mode instead of attacking!
3 straight shot click violations is inexcusable!

That was a blown national championship!

Disagree.
Going from college basketball to NBA, is like going from high school rugby to college football.

The players run the show in the NBA, which is why I don’t know why a lot of college coaches would want that headache and lack of job security.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT