ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright (long shot)

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
But you throw everything at him if the job becomes available and one reason is from an article I read below. You can only dream about the things Kentucky would do under Wright.

“The most appealing thing about Jay Wright is that he’s in many ways the antithesis to Coach Cal. Wright loves to keep players for multiple years and focus on skill development and fundamental basketball. Taking that philosophy and inserting it into the Kentucky infrastructure could create a death machine that destroys everything in its path.”

I would love to have Jay Wright here. I'm not sure how interested he is in coaching again though.

Tubby's last win at UK was against Jay Wright

Reactions: Fox2monk
I would love to have Jay Wright here. I'm not sure how interested he is in coaching again though.

Tubby's last win at UK was against Jay Wright
Yeah Jay would be very hard to get I know that but it’s worth a shot asking and at least offering something to gauge his interest. If he says no at least you asked

I’m over here talking like Cal is already gone lol, just to be let down when Mitch gives him a raise or something.

Not going to pretend I wouldn't be excited if he took the job but he's also 62 now. Firmly believe UK is a job for a younger guy (< 50) on the way up who's as crazed and desperate to win as the fanbase.

• Wow
Reactions: dl51344
Not going to pretend I wouldn't be excited if he took the job but he's also 62 now. Firmly believe UK is a job for a younger guy (< 50) on the way up who's as crazed and desperate to win as the fanbase.
If Jay Wright says he’s interested nothing else matters. He’s proven he can win and already has two national championships under his belt. He also does the one thing Kentucky fans have wanted Cal to do since hes been here and that’s develop talent. I think Kentucky reaches out if it becomes available. Now to say there’s no way it happens might not be true. If one of the greatest programs calls you and offers you 8-10 million to coach you would listen.

Wright loves to keep players for multiple years and focus on skill development and fundamental basketball. Taking that philosophy and inserting it into the Kentucky infrastructure could create a death machine that destroys everything in its path.”
He retired because he knew that style of coaching was going to be obsolete with NIL and the transfer portal. Now the portal is going to be even worse with the courts ruling there can be unlimited transfers instead of one time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT