ADVERTISEMENT

What Jay Wright said …

True, but doesn’t matter. Any competent coach would’ve beat that team by 15/20 points with our talent level. Maybe if he would actually start his best players and not start Tre/Ugo/JE against a damn mid major with NO size! Cal is a joke of a “coach”. Clown.
Agreed. We can argue all we want in young players…but playing stupid lineup, won’t trap or be aggressive on their mediocre ball handlers, playing our bigs that aren’t impactful on defense etc

More of the same coaching mistakes for yewr after year

That’s been the issue. Cal got used to guys like Rose, Wall, Cousins, MKG, Randle, etc. They were men at a young age. Cal was fortunate enough to of had a good selection of freshmen through those years that hasn’t existed since.

The way I look at it is if I’m a 24 or 25 year old 5th year senior there’s no way in hell I’m getting schooled by an 18 year old, even if I die trying. Cal will never understand this.

I disagree with Wright even though he is infinitely smarter than me when it comes to basketball.

Our team is better than Oakland. We should beat them 10 of 10 times, even with the one guy going Steph Curry on us.

We didn't pressure them or trap them when they only had 1-2 decent ball handlers.
We didn't play a high low or put shooters in the corners against a 1-3-1.
We quit running plays to get to the middle or the open looks down low in the second half (we missed most of them in the first half, but they were still better options than 4 guys standing around watching one dribble at the top of the key)
We didn't go after their 6 man rotation wen most of them had 2 fouls in the first half.
We were shell shocked and out of sync, yet we had two timeouts left with 20ish seconds to go in the game

I say we, but all of that falls back on the coach man on the sidelines

The moment was too big for our Freshmen and Calipari, if it weren't for Reeves and Mitchell, we would have gotten beat by 20. Pro basketball can go extinct as far as I'm concerned, but that will remain his highest priority. Telling players how much money they will make if they come here and that most players will be drafted. No talk of winning championships for the university of Kentucky. This man has the gift of gab, and kids and their families are falling for it. He is flat out NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE.

And the main reason for that is the coach, we don't have a coach we have a promoter who doesn't seem to understand basic basketball, just look at UK's defense, it was horrible and that comes down to coaching and what the do in practice. Our offense is I got the ball, I make the shot. At the start of the first half we took the ball inside 4 straight times and tied the game, then we shot 4 straight 3's that were all well beyond the line, and the ball never made it past the top of the key and it was in the first 8 seconds of the shot clock, and gave the lead right back to Oakland and never really recovered.

The moment was too big for our Freshmen and Calipari, if it weren't for Reeves and Mitchell, we would have gotten beat by 20. Pro basketball can go extinct as far as I'm concerned, but that will remain his highest priority. Telling players how much money they will make if they come here and that most players will be drafted. No talk of winning championships for the university of Kentucky. This man has the gift of gab, and kids and their families are falling for it. He is flat out NOT GETTING THE JOB DONE.
The families that are benefitting from NBA dollars are not "falling for" anything. They are using Calipari and Kentucky to achieve their lifelong goals. The problem is Kentucky fans do not share the same goals as those players who are future NBA stars.

Reactions: law1127 and UKgal82
Calipari is the symptom, not the problem. I should right a longer post about this, but things are on fire at work right now and don't have time.

Fire mitch, publicly, for having singed asinine contracts with coach's with no accountability for delivery. UK doesn't need new stadiums, practice facilities, bs like that. It needs an organization that actually cares about putting in work and winning.

Calipari needs to be removed -- all of his buyout can be retread. Shocking if UK doesn't have the right lawyers for this. I'm of half the mind to introduce them to the right folks.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
I disagree with Wright even though he is infinitely smarter than me when it comes to basketball.

Our team is better than Oakland. We should beat them 10 of 10 times, even with the one guy going Steph Curry on us.

We didn't pressure them or trap them when they only had 1-2 decent ball handlers.
We didn't play a high low or put shooters in the corners against a 1-3-1.
We quit running plays to get to the middle or the open looks down low in the second half (we missed most of them in the first half, but they were still better options than 4 guys standing around watching one dribble at the top of the key)
We didn't go after their 6 man rotation wen most of them had 2 fouls in the first half.
We were shell shocked and out of sync, yet we had two timeouts left with 20ish seconds to go in the game

I say we, but all of that falls back on the coach man on the sidelines
I'm getting desensitized to March performances for my alma mater. The program that I've invested so much into has disintegrated thanks to Cal. Some of us "Benny's" have seen things for a long time. Some of us "Benny's" watch things as they unfold like AGEE11 did last night that the highest paid coaching staff apparently can't. WTF. Millions of UK fans don't like it. We haven't for longer than we should have had to put up with it.

Why Cal won't pressure a mid-major with "1-2 decent ball handlers" makes no sense. Those guys should have been worn out with eight minutes to go in the game. But Cal decides to pressure - again - as a last resort.
Not practicing against a zone, any zone - in this case a 1-3-1 - derails such a high octane offense. How many of us "Benny's" were amazed that it took an entire half for Cal and his staff to begin running Reeves in the corner for his shot? An entire half to figure out what we have watched work for decades. Come on.
The kids missed a ton of easy shots. They always have in the middle, but I agree that UK stopped pushing that after halftime.
UK should have worn that rotation down with pressure and going after the players with two fouls early in the first half. It doesn't matter that they were playing deliberate.
As for having two timeouts left - I think Cal believes he gets a bonus for every timeout he has left in his pocket at the end of games...

Cal knows WAY more basketball than me. I know WAY more about what success in the most historic program in college basketball history looks like that he does. He has killed it and is so narcissistic that he cannot see that HE is destroing HIS reputation and legend. It's amazing that it has gone on for this long with no one to step in and force a course correction.

Reactions: AGEE11
Jay Wright is a coach. He's not a media member, no matter what his job might be. He's never going to say what is real if it's critical of a coach. Jay Wright is also smart enough to know when your opponent plays a matchup 1-3-1 that you flood the floor with shooters and put or move your best player through the middle. The Fat Poser put one shooter on the court to start the game and ran Tre and DJ through the middle. It's unreal. Anyone who thinks this fraud can actually coach is clueless.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
Upset.jpg

Youth wasn’t why we let one guy, who I’m pretty sure was Marshall Henderson with a new identity, destroy us. We never made it tough for him and chased him like we were playing duck duck goose all night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT