ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas: Moral Bankrupt, on KU

Bilas is a ESPN shill. He ain't gonna say the truth. He's bought and paid for.
He says nothing of any importance or value or anything that is relevant. Just a lot of nothing.
This. We know how ESPN feels about Duke and UNC. If Bilas wants to keep receiving a paycheck he will say what he can to defend those programs or he’ll be unemployed.

I find what Self said more disturbing. The ask all the families and kids that played here we run a clean program bullshit. With all the rape allegations, assaults on women, and guys that show up with someone’s car and never gets to play. Yeah let’s ask them. Or Ben I can’t form a sentence McClemore.

Bilas has to say this if he's going to remain consistent. He defended UNC. He obviously knows about Duke's glossing over the "amateurism" issue with Maggette, Thomas, Bagley, Zion, etc.

If the NCAA actually followed the paper trail, they might end up asking Zion's family why they wanted cash and prizes from the Kansas coaching staff. That might lead to Duke at some point. Jay's response in all this is that none of it matters because the kids deserve to be paid.

Jay is an emotional maggot. I'm glad he responds so angrily to trolls and that criticism eats at him. That fact will give us a shot to get at him even more in the coming seasons.
But Dook investigated and found no wrong doings..Case closed.

Bilas lost all sense of objectivity soon as big programs figured out they could pay his law firm big bucks for PR.

It all started with UNC. Then he started saying the Adidas situation wasn't even a crime. Nothing to see with Zion. Etc etc.

Of course, he never said that "cheating is okay." But you would have to have an IQ of 10 not to understand that when he says that UNC offered bunny classes, like Duke, he is being completely dishonest. They were ruled by SACS to be FRAUDULENT. When a lecture class doesn't meet even once in a semester, it is a FRAUDULENT class. Bilas knew that UNC committed academic fraud yet he defended them and so he basically said that cheating was okay.
Bilas did what he was told to do by ESPN management. If you remember John (UNC) Skipper was in charge then. I believe he had to step down because of a chemical problem just a year or so later.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
In other news, late night for the #2 ranked team is tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT