ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright

clevenger32

Junior
Mar 22, 2009
I never listen to the network announcers for UK games. I turn down the sound and listen to Leach and Givens. This evening I rewatched the last ten minutes of today's game and listened to Jay Wright doing the color. I always have thought he was a terrific coach but, I had never listened to him. Super knowledgeable. Knows the Xs and Os of the game. Classy. Soft spoken. He is 62 years old. He is a Pennsylvania guy...Bucknell ....long time Villanova and mainline. I think he would be a great coach and person to occupy Adolph's seat. I am sorry that will never happen.

I never listen to the network announcers for UK games. I turn down the sound and listen to Leach and Givens. This evening I rewatched the last ten minutes of today's game and listened to Jay Wright doing the color. I always have thought he was a terrific coach but, I had never listened to him. Super knowledgeable. Knows the Xs and Os of the game. Classy. Soft spoken. He is 62 years old. He is a Pennsylvania guy...Bucknell ....long time Villanova and mainline. I think he would be a great coach and person to occupy Adolph's seat. I am sorry that will never happen.
Sounds a like an older version of Tony Romo when commentating IMO

He had Final Fours in 2009 and 2022 as well.

And sucked a ton n the tournament as well over his tenure. He's a great coach due to 2016 and 2018. 2nd title matters. He was an underachieving before that 3 year run.

Kinda like self getting his 2nd title. 2nd title elevates. Too bad cal doesn't want to win another or care about winning.

And sucked a ton n the tournament as well over his tenure. He's a great coach due to 2016 and 2018. 2nd title matters. He was an underachieving before that 3 year run.

Kinda like self getting his 2nd title. 2nd title elevates. Too bad cal doesn't want to win another or care about winning.
Everyone sucks in the tourney sometimes. Parody has changed significantly. Jay Wright was a fantastic coach and seemed to be clean, unlike Self. It's okay to appreciate or recognize good coaches at other schools.

Parody is the new parity. Sort of like fast paste.

In fairness, I accidentally did that shit too the other day. And I know the difference, just didn't catch it. Maybe it was auto-correct, I don't know.

Before that 3 year run it seemed like Villanova was one of those teams that got upset in the early rounds often.

Jay doesn't want to recruit in this NIL landscape and I don't blame him. He has a cushy job watching and commenting on basketball now.
Yeah, as I recall, he had some bluntly honest comments where he admitted he wasn’t comfortable working in this new CBB world driven by NIL money and the transfer portal.

He actually played it perfectly. He slayed all his dragons and accomplished all his coaching goals, and then got out at exactly the right time with his stellar reputation completely untarnished by any scandals or ugliness. And now enjoys a cushy stress free life as a TV guy. If only all our lives worked out so well.

Reactions: rememberkapp
Idk he could be the guy imo. Guys retire and come back all the time.
If Cal retired after this year and Big Z would stay...... I think Jay Wright would give it thought. Jay could get guys to stay around and keep the incoming class coming in. He is absolutely my pick.

Everyone sucks in the tourney sometimes. Parody has changed significantly.
I forging love auto-correct.

EDIT: Had I read further before posting I'd have seen that the board had already done the jokes worth making.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT