ADVERTISEMENT

Insanely Stupid Facebook Posts

I joined facebook in 2004, when it was only college kids and you needed an @edu email address. That was really fun and enjoyable. After about 2008 or whenever they just let anyone join it started slowly going downhill. I deleted my account in 2011 and can't say I really miss it one bit, but from everything I hear it sounds like it just keeps getting worse and worse.
No offense, but if you were the opinion that Facebook was best left to only college "kids" then should you not have volunteered yourself off of it by 2008 anyway? Or were you one of those that felt childhood lasts as long as it takes to finish a 4 year degree? lmao

No offense, but if you were the opinion that Facebook was best left to only college "kids" then should you not have volunteered yourself off of it by 2008 anyway? Or were you one of those that felt childhood lasts as long as it takes to finish a 4 year degree? lmao

no offense but I have no idea what point you’re trying to make or if you are asking me a question about the post I made in this thread about 4 years ago.

No idea what the second statement about childhood lasting as long as it takes to finish a four year degree means either. Truly. I have no idea what you’re trying to say, so no offense taken lol

no offense but I have no idea what point you’re trying to make or if you are asking me a question about the post I made in this thread about 4 years ago.

No idea what the second statement about childhood lasting as long as it takes to finish a four year degree means either. Truly. I have no idea what you’re trying to say, so no offense taken lol
Don't blame me if someone dug up an old thread. I simply found it amusing that you described enjoying Facebook when it was intended for "college kids" but that you didn't drop out until you were no less than 23 or 24, which is well beyond "kid" age for persons of my antiquated generation, not so much to those who have grown up with social media.

And that is basically my point, which I may have made only to myself . . . I do that a lot. A good writer might refer to that as target audience neglect. But without digressing further, I will offer to you that a main culprit of social media is that "kids" remain that way with social media. For example, people approaching mid-life are now interacting socially in ways that was also their primary method in their teens. I'm proud to note this does not appear to apply to you (not with Facebook anyway). But because of social media (and this may be only my opinion, idk), grown adults these days do not realize social separations from their childhood as great as persons who were in their mid-30s 2 decades ago (or even 1 decade ago) who can recall teenage years in the mid 80s and mid 90s without the world-wide-web, and such extraordinary customized mediums. Those adults were not doing things socially identical, or even near similar, to what they did as teenagers. There is a new breed, immature, remaining "connected", taking forever to "finish up".

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I was 23 and in grad school when I joined, at the time it was just people in their late teens and 20s goofing off. Inappropriate pictures and comments posted, no politics, lots of pictures of girls scantily dressed, no bored house wives in pyramid schemes, no ads, no people digging up old posts to try and shame you, etc Just much better and more private. Once opened to the masses it became a cesspool like most things do. I lost interest and deleted my account shortly after. Most things are usually better with smaller groups and not the general public involved IMO

I was 23 and in grad school when I joined, at the time it was just people in their late teens and 20s goofing off. Inappropriate pictures and comments posted, no politics, lots of pictures of girls scantily dressed, no bored house wives in pyramid schemes, no ads, no people digging up old posts to try and shame you, etc Just much better and more private. Once opened to the masses it became a cesspool like most things do. I lost interest and deleted my account shortly after. Most things are usually better with smaller groups and not the general public involved IMO
This makes sense. Natural sense. But even if there had been a much more deliberate effort to keep that medium exclusive to that age group and social surrounding do you actually believe it could have been? The theory I'm getting at says no. Because as those "kids" emerge from those environments they not only take those social mediums with them, they deeply desire and deliberately seek to do so. Maybe more naturally than deliberately. That is the hook. Permanently in the fashion. Those methods of interaction once perfected as children continued as a primary means well into adulthood. And we are not talking about the simple use of a language, how to speak, basic communication as needed for survival. We are talking about those critical skills that determine real social outcomes. Forever in high school mentality, or at least partly, and for a vastly larger percentage of the population that was ever rendered so perpetually immature in times past.

People telling me to wish ALL the Holidays..

Work doesnt give me a holiday for Kwanza, or Haunaka, or Boxing day. They DO give me two days off for Christmas though.

If someone wants to purposely say "Happy Holidays" like a snarky piece of shit.. good. They can go work this work. Because lets be real, December is about Christmas.

I don't get all the hate for Facebook.

It's a great way to score bored married housewife tail.

Lotta suppressed freaks out there.

81281054_3574419679249908_6526143986694881280_o.jpg

Wife and I joined about 6 years ago for about 2 months when several old girl friends tried to friend me to talk. Wife decided was not good for us so, we canceled the account. I agreed, was not my idea in the first place. The only social media I have now is this one.

Facebook is a cancer on mankind. Or any social media. People are fake as possible on Facebook. Posting all these smiling pictures when you know the couple hates each other. But, it is VERY easy to get laid with Facebook. That's the only reason I use it.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Facebook is a cancer on mankind. Or any social media. People are fake as possible on Facebook. Posting all these smiling pictures when you know the couple hates each other. But, it is VERY easy to get laid with Facebook. That's the only reason I use it.
Do you think your husband will find out what you're up to?

Are you suggesting I'm gay? You're def barking up the wrong tree.
I was just playing along. You said people were "fake as possible" on Facebook. So I was joking that you were a chick hiding as a dude on the internet. Actually expected a clever reply. Maybe something like "divorced his sorry ass back in the 90s after he started sleeping with my lesbian twin sister". I'm very disappointed.

I was just playing along. You said people were "fake as possible" on Facebook. So I was joking that you were a chick hiding as a dude on the internet. Actually expected a clever reply. Maybe something like "divorced his sorry ass back in the 90s after he started sleeping with my lesbian twin sister". I'm very disappointed.
Oh no, I was referring to how most people are fake, not me. Sarcasm went over my head. My bad. I just friend request girls. If they accept I go to work. It's worked at minimum 15 times. The wrist they can say is no but I just move onto the next. I know it's kinda shitty but we live in a "hookup culture" such sucks because it makes finding a good girl hard. Oh well.

Oh no, I was referring to how most people are fake, not me. Sarcasm went over my head. My bad. I just friend request girls. If they accept I go to work. It's worked at minimum 15 times. The wrist they can say is no but I just move onto the next. I know it's kinda shitty but we live in a "hookup culture" such sucks because it makes finding a good girl hard. Oh well.
I wouldn't worry about it. Stop judging yourself. A man has needs. None of it can possibly be more polluted than the old dating pages on Yahoo.

The good girls are the ones that shoot you down. Doesn't seem you are actually looking for those.

Each and every post on Facebook is insanely stupid. Each and every person who posts on Facebook is insanely stupid.
My mother in law post pictures of every meal she either makes or eat out every single time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t have Facebook but it drives my wife bat poop crazy she does this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT