ADVERTISEMENT

Masks required at Fayette County Schools in August?

Jun 2, 2005
Fayette County schools just sent an email with strong language backing the requiring of masking during their summer programs. Cited the CDC, AAP. Also included quote from Kraig Humbaugh-Fayette County Commissioner of Health saying “The last several months have shown students are certainly capable of wearing face coverings correctly and consistently to prevent spread of disease and we recommend they continue to do that in these settings.”
I am now VERY concerned they will try to require kids wear masks when school starts back in August. If you want to get involved, please join our group on Facebook, “Let Them Learn in Fayette County”. Currently 3,300 members……Democrats, Republicans, and everything in between welcome. Time to take back the school board and other positions that are elected positions.

Board members to e-mail with concerns:

Tyler Murphy
tyler.murphy@fayette.kyschools.us

Amy Green
amy.green@fayette.kyschools.us

Christy Morris
christy.morris@fayette.kyschools.us

Stephanie Spires
stephanie.spires@fayette.kyschools.us

Tom Jones
tom.jones@fayette.kyschools.us

Last edited:
Masks don't work...period. The openings in the masks all these loons are running around in, are 1000 times larger than a virus. N95 masks work, but to be effective, they need to be individually fitted.
we all know this. Once Fauci said we need to wear them 50 years of studies were thrown out the window. It’s all optics to make people feel safe, like the TSA.

Masks don't work...period. The openings in the masks all these loons are running around in, are 1000 times larger than a virus. N95 masks work, but to be effective, they need to be individually fitted.
Completely anecdotal I admit, but I didn't catch a cold the entire time we were under social distancing and had the mask mandate. Once that was lifted, I caught one. I was still going to church, stores and restaurants during covid. It was probably a combination of everyone being more aware of hand sanitizer and hand washing as well as distancing and masks, though. Many people I have spoken with said the same thing. Again, anecdotal, but it was true in my case.

Completely anecdotal I admit, but I didn't have a cold for the 20 year period prior to when we were under social distancing and the mask mandate. Once social distancing and the mask mandates were instituted, I caught a cold. Many people I have spoke with have said the same thing. Again, anecdotal, but it was true in my case.

If more of these come out, it will be tough to do. The “no harm” argument would be thrown out and benefit of masking would have to outweigh these harms.

High CO2 levels in the body are no bueno.
Three doctors were part of this study. One of the doctors for this study is a gynecologist (Ronald Weikl), another (Harald Walach) practices "alternative medicine," and a third is a COVID denier (Juliane Prentice)

The study was funded by a charity that appears to solely exist to protest against anything that has ever been done to try to curtail COVID. This is like RJ Reynolds or Phillip Morris funding a study to determine if their own products - cigarettes and other tobacco products - are harmful to a user's health.

Additionally, the study only had 45 participants. I would have gotten a failing grade in college if I had done a scientific/psychological study with only 45 participants.

The results were basically determined before the study even started.

Reactions: J_Dee
Three doctors were part of this study. One of the doctors for this study is a gynecologist (Ronald Weikl), another (Harald Walach) practices "alternative medicine," and a third is a COVID denier (Juliane Prentice)

The study was funded by a charity that appears to solely exist to protest against anything that has ever been done to try to curtail COVID. This is like RJ Reynolds or Phillip Morris funding a study to determine if their own products - cigarettes and other tobacco products - are harmful to a user's health.

Additionally, the study only had 45 participants. I would have gotten a failing grade in college if I had done a scientific/psychological study with only 45 participants.

Take it up with Jama. Sounds like you wouldn’t accept the results anyways, bc in no way could a mask ever cause any issues! The CDC touts masking with a hairdresser analysis testing 67 contacts of 2 masked hairdressers. 45 ain’t too far off of 67.

Last edited:
Take it up with Jama. Sounds like you wouldn’t accept the results anyways, bc in no way could a mask ever cause any issues! The CDC touts masking with a hairdresser analysis testing 67 contacts of 2 masked hairdressers. 45 ain’t too far off of 67.
I’d accept results if they weren’t financed and conducted by people who wanted the results to say exactly what it says.

This would be like the Univeristy of Kentucky posting a poll asking what is the greatest college basketball program in history but only posting it on a Kentucky website. Everyone knows what the result is going to be before you even post the poll.

Reactions: bushrod1965
I’d accept results if they weren’t financed and conducted by people who wanted the results to say exactly what it says.

This would be like the Univeristy of Kentucky posting a poll asking what is the greatest college basketball program in history but only posting it on a Kentucky website. Everyone knows what the result is going to be before you even post the poll.
As long as we’re going the analogy route, it would be like putting a nutjob conspiracy theorist with a track record of promoting “the big lie” in the 2020 election in charge of a “forensic audit” of the 2020 election in Arizona. It’s a predetermined conclusion looking for anything resembling a quasi fact to support it.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
As long as we’re going the analogy route, it would be like putting a nutjob conspiracy theorist with a track record of promoting “the big lie” in the 2020 election in charge of a “forensic audit” of the 2020 election in Arizona. It’s a predetermined conclusion looking for anything resembling a quasi fact to support it.

Like climate change, voter suppression, systemic racism? Like those things?

Somehow, just somehow, I bet those things are different. Somehow.

Completely anecdotal I admit, but I didn't have a cold for the 20 year period prior to when we were under social distancing and the mask mandate. Once social distancing and the mask mandates were instituted, I caught a cold. Many people I have spoke with have said the same thing. Again, anecdotal, but it was true in my case.
That's impressive. 20 years is a long time.

Here you go in black and white. From link above, what NEA (National Educators Association) is going to discuss at its annual meeting is below. Oh yeah Fayette County Public School board chair Tyler Murphy was elected to a NEA board position, but Fayette County said there was no conflict of interest 🤔.
“The NEA will call for mandatory safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations and testing for all students and staff before returning to face-to-face instruction in the fall, subject to medical exceptions in accordance with existing law, and will widely publicize this position via social media. We will further call for and publicize that safety measures such as social distancing, masking, and proper ventilation be mandatory for all.”
NBI has been modified by its mover.

Rationale/Background​

COVID-19 has already killed over 600,000 people. Black and Latinx communities have suffered twice the deaths, and this inequality will deepen as variants spread. The pandemic respects no boundaries. We must fight for a policy that puts human life first.
Submitted By
50 Delegates

Contact​

Mark Airgood - CA

Strategic Objective​

SO-1: Increase Educator Voice, Influence, and Professional Authority
SO-6: Enhance Organizational Capacity
EO-1: Enterprise Operations

Cost Implications​

This item cannot be accomplished with current staff and resources under the proposed Modified 2021-2022 Strategic Plan and Budget. It would cost an additional $260,000.

Here you go in black and white. From link above, what NEA (National Educators Association) is going to discuss at its annual meeting is below. Oh yeah Fayette County Public School board chair Tyler Murphy was elected to a NEA board position, but Fayette County said there was no conflict of interest 🤔.
“The NEA will call for mandatory safe and effective COVID-19 vaccinations and testing for all students and staff before returning to face-to-face instruction in the fall, subject to medical exceptions in accordance with existing law, and will widely publicize this position via social media. We will further call for and publicize that safety measures such as social distancing, masking, and proper ventilation be mandatory for all.”
NBI has been modified by its mover.

Rationale/Background​

COVID-19 has already killed over 600,000 people. Black and Latinx communities have suffered twice the deaths, and this inequality will deepen as variants spread. The pandemic respects no boundaries. We must fight for a policy that puts human life first.
Submitted By
50 Delegates

Contact​

Mark Airgood - CA

Strategic Objective​

SO-1: Increase Educator Voice, Influence, and Professional Authority
SO-6: Enhance Organizational Capacity
EO-1: Enterprise Operations

Cost Implications​

This item cannot be accomplished with current staff and resources under the proposed Modified 2021-2022 Strategic Plan and Budget. It would cost an additional $260,000.
What the heck is going on in Lexington, KY?

Reactions: PhDcat2018

Masks have never ever been worth much. Especially the cute bedazzled mucus absorbing ones that you libs love.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Masks have never ever been worth much. Especially the cute bedazzled mucus absorbing ones that you libs love.
Mayo Clinic disagrees

As does this study on the Jama Network website, which also cites numerous other studies who have real-life evidence that they work, not just controlled lab studies

And Johns Hopkins Medicine

And the Cleveland CLinic

And the American Society for Microbiology

And the Boston Children's Hospital

But I guess you know what the real truth is because you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?

Mayo Clinic disagrees

As does this study on the Jama Network website, which also cites numerous other studies who have real-life evidence that they work, not just controlled lab studies

And Johns Hopkins Medicine

And the Cleveland CLinic

And the American Society for Microbiology

And the Boston Children's Hospital

But I guess you know what the real truth is because you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express?
I'm not linking every single graph in the real world that showed masks have no correlation to cases. Go to the virus thread. There's been numerous examples and of course the Danish study that showed insignificance statistically in mask use vs non masking.

Reactions: 80 Proof
9-A114547-0-EAD-43-CD-86-F9-4-E07-C2-EBC913.jpG

Besides the people who conducted the trial, do you have an issue with the study's methodology and math?
I will say the people and funding are the biggest red flags. A COVID truther and anti-mask group isn’t going to fund a study only to have it conclude that it’s safe for kids to mask up.

Alas even if I didn’t know where anyone involved stood on COVID and masks, it would raise a red flag to me that an alternative-medicine practicing gynecologist and an “alternative medicine” doctor/psychologist are two of the three leading doctors on this study.

You know what the first guy does to treat hyperthermia (that is a high temperature)? Puts patients in pajamas in a cabin with walls covered in reflective foil with a ceiling that shoots out infrared rays. Then when that’s done he’ll put a heat pack on your head, yes a heat pack to treat hyperthermia.

That second guy isn’t even an MD but is the top credited author for a medical study, oh and he also believes psychics are real.

These two guys probably pay for Facebook ads promoting healing crystals.

To be fair, I don’t understand much of the terminology when you read the full methodology (not just the summary that leaves out a ton of important information).

I don’t know enough about the methodology in regards to the measurement devices to be able to have a complete opinion one way or another on the full methodology. For the record, I read the full methodology write up, not just the summary that was posted with the abstract.

Though I do have some general concerns.

1) How much data was actually collected? Between reading the article and various supplements, I am seeing different figures. One place I saw 9 minutes for each type of mask, another place I saw 40 total minutes. Well which is it? And from which set of data are they basing their conclusions?

2) Their version of a control group is sketchy. Their only control was the same person with and without a mask, and they measured each person with both masks. Where’s the control group of people without masks during the entire process? If you’re trying to measure the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of a masks, why would you measure each participant with every variable? The control group is supposed to be an entirely different group. That’s why when they do studies for medications they have a control group that only gets a placebo. That’s just bad science. Did that effect the results? I obviously have no way of knowing.

3) They used four different masks. If the masks were evenly distributed (it doesn’t say that anywhere but that’s the way it should be), that would mean they only had data on 12 patients max per mask. And were the mask types also evenly distributed by age range? That’s even going to further skew the results.

4) And once again, it’s a small sample size, only 45 subjects, six of which they did not complete the post-baseline testing on. There’s a lot of variance that can occur that can skew average results when a sample size is that small. But if they could only get 45 to volunteer, then you got to work with what you got. There’s only so much you can do short of bribing people to participate.

5) It was in a controlled lab setting, not in a “real life” classroom. Kids don’t exist in controlled lab settings. If I read one of the supplements right, they only had one kid in the room at a time. They should have replicated a real classroom environment, that means with only one or two adults (if they have a teachers aid) with 20-30 kids in the room at the same time. Even if this would have made the results even more bad for masks it would have been a much more realistic study.

I’d also like to see all the data that was collected, not just the data that elected to publish on that site that supports their conclusion. If you read the supplements, you’ll see that they collected a whole lot of data, and I don’t see that additional data anywhere. And what are these complaints they mention? I don’t see them anywhere. All it does is reference another article.

And not that it’s relevant to the results, but they did use the IR no contact thermometers. And just an FYI, those are not considered clinically accurate as they can have a variance of two whole degrees or more even when calibrated. I don’t think a lot of people know that. If you want accurate temperature readings, use an oral or ear thermometer.

As far as the math goes. There’s not much to disagree with. All they did was take the results and generate a line of best fit. It’s pretty basic high school level math. It’s not like they used funky math to interpret the data they published.

The question would be is how accurate is the data they collected? I have no way of knowing with 100% certainty. I wasn’t there, I don’t have the capability of replicating the study. I would like to see this study replicated with the exact same methodology by someone who didn’t have a slanted opinion on the subject matter.

I will say that coming to any cold-hard, set-in-stone conclusion (which this study didn’t do, by the way), would be foolish with it having only 45 participants.

Last edited:
I will say the people and funding are the biggest red flags. A COVID truther and anti-mask group isn’t going to fund a study only to have it conclude that it’s safe for kids to mask up.

Alas even if I didn’t know where anyone involved stood on COVID and masks, it would raise a red flag to me that an alternative-medicine practicing gynecologist and an “alternative medicine” doctor/psychologist are two of the three leading doctors on this study.

You know what the first guy does to treat hyperthermia (that is a high temperature)? Puts patients in pajamas in a cabin with walls covered in reflective foil with a ceiling that shoots out infrared rays. Then when that’s done he’ll put a heat pack on your head, yes a heat pack to treat hyperthermia.

That second guy isn’t even an MD but is the top credited author for a medical study, oh and he also believes psychics are real.

These two guys probably pay for Facebook ads promoting healing crystals.

To be fair, I don’t understand much of the terminology when you read the full methodology (not just the summary that leaves out a ton of important information).

I don’t know enough about the methodology in regards to the measurement devices to be able to have a complete opinion one way or another on the full methodology. For the record, I read the full methodology write up, not just the summary that was posted with the abstract.

Though I do have some general concerns.

1) How much data was actually collected? Between reading the article and various supplements, I am seeing different figures. One place I saw 9 minutes for each type of mask, another place I saw 40 total minutes. Well which is it? And from which set of data are they basing their conclusions?

2) Their version of a control group is sketchy. Their only control was the same person with and without a mask, and they measured each person with both masks. Where’s the control group of people without masks during the entire process? If you’re trying to measure the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of a masks, why would you measure each participant with every variable? The control group is supposed to be an entirely different group. That’s why when they do studies for medications they have a control group that only gets a placebo. That’s just bad science. Did that effect the results? I obviously have no way of knowing.

3) They used four different masks. If the masks were evenly distributed (it doesn’t say that anywhere but that’s the way it should be), that would mean they only had data on 12 patients max per mask. And were the mask types also evenly distributed by age range? That’s even going to further skew the results.

4) And once again, it’s a small sample size, only 45 subjects, six of which they did not complete the post-baseline testing on. There’s a lot of variance that can occur that can skew average results when a sample size is that small. But if they could only get 45 to volunteer, then you got to work with what you got. There’s only so much you can do short of bribing people to participate.

5) It was in a controlled lab setting, not in a “real life” classroom. Kids don’t exist in controlled lab settings. If I read one of the supplements right, they only had one kid in the room at a time. They should have replicated a real classroom environment, that means with only one or two adults (if they have a teachers aid) with 20-30 kids in the room at the same time. Even if this would have made the results even more bad for masks it would have been a much more realistic study.

I’d also like to see all the data that was collected, not just the data that elected to publish on that site that supports their conclusion. If you read the supplements, you’ll see that they collected a whole lot of data, and I don’t see that additional data anywhere. And what are these complaints they mention? I don’t see them anywhere. All it does is reference another article.

And not that it’s relevant to the results, but they did use the IR no contact thermometers. And just an FYI, those are not considered clinically accurate as they can have a variance of two whole degrees or more even when calibrated. I don’t think a lot of people know that. If you want accurate temperature readings, use an oral or ear thermometer.

As far as the math goes. There’s not much to disagree with. All they did was take the results and generate a line of best fit. It’s pretty basic high school level math. It’s not like they used funky math to interpret the data they published.

The question would be is how accurate is the data they collected? I have no way of knowing with 100% certainty. I wasn’t there, I don’t have the capability of replicating the study. I would like to see this study replicated with the exact same methodology by someone who didn’t have a slanted opinion on the subject matter.

I will say that coming to any cold-hard, set-in-stone conclusion (which this study didn’t do, by the way), would be foolish with it having only 45 participants.
Those concerns are valid. Ty for explaining. It wasn't just "I don't like them".

What weird timing..suddenly we are seeing cases in young people “spike” and camps are reporting “outbreaks”. Just in time for kids to go back to school. The largest teacher unions in the country set their demands that kids wear masks…and now media outlets are going to make sure those demands are fulfilled. Ridiculous! Parents and others better stand up!

Last edited:
What weird timing..suddenly we are seeing cases in young people “spike” and camps are reporting “outbreaks”. Just in time for kids to go back to school. The largest teacher unions in the country set their demands that kids wear masks…and now media outlets are going to make sure those demands are fulfilled. Ridiculous! Parents and others better stand up!

Pretty clear too the cdc once again took the recommendation directly from the union too.

Between this and the vaccine mandate, parents will need to be ready

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT