ADVERTISEMENT

IF...UK Lands Tyler Herro, Would 2018-19 Potentially Be Cal's Best Shooting Backcourt Ever???

dlh331

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Green
Quickley
Baker
Herro
even Brad Calipari

All would have multiple open looks with a possible frontcourt of Zion, PJ Washington, Keldon Johnson, Vanderbilt, Bol, SKJ, and let's dream big...RJ Barrett.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Lamb, Knight, Miller, and Liggins shot a combined 249 for 594 from 3 -- that's better than 42 percent on almost 600 attempts.

I doubt we see that kind of production out of a Kentucky backcourt again. The Cats may well not need it with the potential frontcourt players the team will have. But the 2011 team will probably stand as the best shooting, most productive backcourt.

Lamb, Knight, Miller, and Liggins shot a combined 249 for 594 from 3 -- that's better than 42 percent on almost 600 attempts.

I doubt we see that kind of production out of a Kentucky backcourt again. The Cats may well not need it with the potential frontcourt players the team will have. But the 2011 team will probably stand as the best shooting, most productive backcourt.
THIS.

I have always said this: I couldnt imagine how good a Calipari UK team would be if they had several pure 3 ball shooters. it would be down right scary.

I have always said this: I couldnt imagine how good a Calipari UK team would be if they had several pure 3 ball shooters. it would be down right scary.

I love "positionless" basketball as long as all five can score the ball. Give me two outside shooters. Give me two slasher scorers. Give me a big man who scores on lobs and offensive putbacks who also sets bone crushing screens for the slashers in a pick and roll offense. Don't need to be full of shooters but must have balanced offensive weapons in today's game.

Reactions: BoxterS
Looks like Cal is building a team around Williamson.

He got the PG Williamson wanted to play with. He can shoot the three.

He is recruiting one Big man (Bol) and he can shoot the jumper and block shots, but isn't a post up scorer.

Most of the guys we are after for the wing spots are shooters. Grimes, Garland, and maybe Herro. Johnson is working on his shot, and it's not terrible.

With Williamson as the focus of the offense, he is going to command a lot of attention, and a fair amount of double teams. By putting shooters all around him, it's going to be hard to stop us on the offensive end.

I think this is all by design. Cal has Quickley. He probably returns Green. He probably returns SGA. He returns Baker. He probably adds at least one of Garland, Grimes, Johnson, and Herro. He probably returns SKJ. He is trying to add Bol. All of those guys compliment Williamson.

Now that’s a championship roster. Even with out Barrett and Herro that roster could compete with the 14-15 team. Like I said we are building for a 2019 championship but the veteran players on the 18-19 roster need to get experience first by getting it this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT