ADVERTISEMENT

Unicorn believers unite!!! ZZZ

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
I have been all about Z since day 1 and I know we have a following here. I know some against but all rainbows and unicorns baby.

Z has played 6 college games with 12 or more mins. The guy brings fun, IQ, passing, blocking, D, FT shooting and offense. He is the unicorn we have missed every year. He is the guy who brings us to the next level. Field of 68 podcast, Jay Wright, all writers and analyst see It. Please Cal don't blow it.

Today he came in we were down he blocked, made a shot when he caught Dillys pass for the dunk and the rest was history.

Bradshaw was good on offense for the first time in months against ARK. But I love Bradshaw. Great sub for Z. Ugo looks defeated. Bad on D, bad hands. Bad FT shooter, just the old back to the basket 7 footer. Doesn't work with this group. I like the guy, but square peg, round hole.

Z changes so many shots, blocks so many and most won't drive on him. He changes the game on both ends. He dan pull up, pass and drive with little effort and dunk. More importantly he rebounds. Also in his little use he leafs us I'm blocks per minute. Best FG%, best FT%, best 3pt% out if all 3 bigs.

He's the guy and anyone with eyeballs knows he's the difference maker. Bradshaw played well on offense but was a ghost on D. Ugo is toast. So let Bradshaw back Z up. Tre was rusty, expected after a month off. Early on Z had to deal with Tre out there with him a lot.

But to finish the game last 6 mins. Bradshaw says what changed the game was Zs block, Dilly brings up Zs dunk late.

Man it is Z. Z, Z...
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

I have been all about Z since day 1 and I know we have a following here. I know some against but all rainbows and unicorns baby.

Z has played 6 college games with 12 or more mins. The guy brings fun, IQ, passing, blocking, D, FT shooting and offense. He is the unicorn we have missed every year. He is the guy who brings us to the next level. Field of 68 podcast, Jay Wright, all writers and analyst see It. Please Cal don't blow it.

Today he came in we were down he blocked, made a shot when he caught Dillys pass for the dunk and the rest was history.

Bradshaw was good on offense for the first time in months against ARK. But I love Bradshaw. Great sub for Z. Ugo looks defeated. Bad on D, bad hands. Bad FT shooter, just the old back to the basket 7 footer. Doesn't work with this group. I like the guy, but square peg, round hole.

Z changes so many shots, blocks so many and most won't drive on him. He changes the game on both ends. He dan pull up, pass and drive with little effort and dunk. More importantly he rebounds. Also in his little use he leafs us I'm blocks per minute. Best FG%, best FT%, best 3pt% out if all 3 bigs.

He's the guy and anyone with eyeballs knows he's the difference maker. Bradshaw played well on offense but was a ghost on D. Ugo is toast. So let Bradshaw back Z up. Tre was rusty, expected after a month off. Early on Z had to deal with Tre out there with him a lot.

But to finish the game last 6 mins. Bradshaw says what changed the game was Zs block, Dilly brings up Zs dunk late.

Man it is Z. Z, Z...
Agree w/ everything except AB being a ghost on defense. He had his best defensive game yet. He challenged shots, didn't get backed down in the post and actually ended Arky possessions by grabbing defensive rebounds. I thought the kid played his best game of the season, on both sides of the ball.

Agree w/ everything except AB being a ghost on defense. He had his best defensive game yet. He challenged shots, didn't get backed down in the post and actually ended Arky possessions by grabbing defensive rebounds. I thought the kid played his best game of the season, on both sides of the ball.
Played well but...
Z outreboued him 9 to 5. Had a steal and 2 blocks, 1 assist to 1 assist, zero blocks and zero steals for Bradshaw. Plus Bradshaw had a TO, none for Z.

Man it is Z. Z, Z...
Even I saw this from the very beginning. Signed Ray Ray

Agree. However, we will still need Ugo when we run into a big, physical center.
Ugo just gets abused the least of the 3 against big physical Centers, but he still gets abused.

All 3 of our guys have major flaws but Z has by far the highest ceiling. He’s the best rebounder of the 3 and the offense seems to flow best with him in there.

We’re going to have to emulate the Mike D’Antoni era Phoenix Suns to make a run in a few weeks.

I don’t think a team this putrid at playing defense can win a title. They just need to embrace the offensive juggernaut that they are and see if they can run enough teams out the building.

The weakness for this team all year has been the lineups used.
Coach Cal has to figure it out fast. We gotta slow teams down to 85 points at minimum. I mean 42 a half should be doable lol!!!

This was over two weeks ago thinking. We just played against as physical of interior as we will see at Miss. St and it was Z, not Ugo that held his own. Z needs to play as much as he can play these last two games and the SECT with Bradshaw and Ugo backing him up. Loved how Bradshaw played today but have seen that from him before to only dissapear again. Ugo just doesn’t fit what this team needs on the floor so other than small stretches here and there hard to get him much run, maybe 4-6 a game at most.

Man it is Z. Z, Z...
I agree 100%, seeing Bradshaw play well was a huge plus. I still think when Ugo is engaged that we can used his defense as long as he’s not fouling stupidly and falling for every pump fake. Z brings almost as much blocking, is way more fluid and his skill level is better than anyone by a mile: he’s our guy.

Last edited:
I agree if he gets out of his funk, he played so great that 10 block game and since then he’s looked totally lost. If he plays well the. He should play. If not it’s Z/Mitchell/Bradshaw. Bradshaw has gotten better as Ugo has gotten worse. Seems like it’s a game by game thing.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Man it is Z. Z, Z...
X10000

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
No we won't ugo is not good right now
Lmao it’s a game to game thing. Some games, Bradshaw is terrible. Some games, Ugo is terrible. Some games, Z is terrible. Some games, Mitchell is terrible. Been that way all damn season. Ugo was a couple blocks away from a triple double against Florida. I remember.

Seems to really just be a question of conditioning now. He's making fewer and fewer mistakes, but I'm not sure his conditioning can hold up in the SECT or NCAAT. We really could use that double BYE where we aren't playing 4 potential games B2B. If that's the case, he will be gassed before we even get to the semis.

Lmao it’s a game to game thing. Some games, Bradshaw is terrible. Some games, Ugo is terrible. Some games, Z is terrible. Some games, Mitchell is terrible. Been that way all damn season. Ugo was a couple blocks away from a triple double against Florida. I remember.
You're right and that's a issue. No consistency from several players on the team.

There are many things I’ll never forgive Cal for but benching Z, for about two weeks after his breakout party is one of the worst
No it wasn't. His defense was atrocious. I dont know how people still don't see the improvements he's made on the defensive side of the ball. He's getting minutes now because he can actually play defense, before he would just wander around the court out of position with no clue where he should be.

After the Gonzaga game we were averaging 121.6 points per 100 possessions. That was fifth best in the country. We didn't need another scorer on offense, we needed defense. We had just lost by giving up 94, 103, and 89 points all at home. Z could not provide that defense until recentlu.

Blame Cal for that all you want, but Z had to stop practicing until he was cleared. He was dealt a shit hand by the NCAA and worked really hard to get himself up to speed defensively.

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan
People are being too hard on Ugo. I think everyone viewed him as still more or less of a project coming into this year and he's had a few amazing games and had been giving us really good minutes. He's shown flashes on the offensive end too.

But your point about the bigs being so game to game could be an issue in the tournament. By the time you realize who the hot hand is to play them most of the minutes it could be too late.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
We need all three of our Centers. None of the three are the complete package. Cal has to play whoever is playing well on any given night. Until someone steps up and asserts themselves and plays consistently well, it’s a Center by committee situation.

And you might throw in Mitchell as an option at 5 against certain teams when the matchup and situation is right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT