ADVERTISEMENT

How confident are you (% wise) we make Final Four?

Mar 31, 2014
Here’s where I’m at:

(1): Cal is the best tourney coach in the land. He doesn’t get upset like K, or Self, and we have pretty much always performed at or above our seed line.

(2): We are playing as well as any team in the tournament.

(3): We may be inexperienced, but we are the most talented team left.

—> 90%.

I think Cal will coach circles around Cronin. Besides, Cincy is one of those grind it out physical style teams. That works great in the American conference but once push comes to shove (i.e., you play a team who is not only much taller than you but also far superior athletically) the physical stuff goes by the wayside.

Go back and watch Memphis v. UCLA in the 2008 NCAA tournament for a preview of what Cal will employ stylistically should we face Cincy. Howland has his a** handed to him. We don’t necessarily have a D-Rose (SGA doesn’t seem far off the way he’s playing), but Cincy ain’t exactly led by Westbrook and Love either.

Oh, and we will run KSU/UMBC out of the gym. So that game is irrelevant to me. I would imagine 75% of Cal’s prep of the team will be focused on Cincy.

Cincinnati is still very tough.

I’ll put it at 60%.

The fact that BBN will far outnumber the other 3 teams there will be a huge advantage.

I looked at Cincinnati schedule and they almost lost a lot of games this year. A lot of 1 and 2. Wins. It won't be easy but I think they're very beatable

Reactions: WildcatStu1
Probably too confident for my own liking. I'd say a solid 75% with Cincinnati still in our bracket, jumping up to 90%+ if they're knocked out. That isn't to say I'm scared of them, but just assuming they'll muck the game up the extent that it would likely be a brutally ugly rock fight down to the very end.

90%. There isn't anyone left in our bracket that can beat usus. I mean I've never seen anything like this. The 1, 3 and 4 seeds gone and who knows, the 2 may be gone today.
We're going to Atlanta now, so that's another plus on our side. Never would have thought that this team would have this kind of shot to get to the FF.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
A lot more than I was, but still not confident. Have to win 2 more and even if we the "easier" path, that doesn't mean we can expect to prevail. We can lose to any team left, and probably beat any team left. Have to be focused and continue playing the way we have. But, yeah, I am definitely more optimistic than I was a week ago.

60% we should handle the sweet sixteen game, but the elite 8 could present a tough match up with Cincy... although I think we beat them.

I would rather play k state than Umbc

They might get tight...or they'll blow em out.. think Umbc prepares us better without threatening us too much

I'm taking it one game at a time. We are playing at a higher quality rate right now but we also are letting inferior teams hang around to long into games. If we don't stop that then our special ride will end very soon. This tournament has taught us that nobody is safe and each game could be our last.

What gives me confidence is that we have played in some tough games recently and that our boys have risen to the challenge the last 10 games or so. They have come together at the most perfect time. If they continue on this upswing and avoid any reversions then I can see us making some real noise.

Getting to the final four is always tough. We are as likely to as not so l will go out on a limb and say 50%.
100% agree here. All the talent in the world won't help if we have 1 bad game. Keep playing like theyve been and wellw be ok.....except for the 3s the other night

I would rather play k state than Umbc

They might get tight...or they'll blow em out.. think Umbc prepares us better without threatening us too much
Im assuming you’re serious here. In no circumstance should we want K State instead of UMBC.

Well, assuming Kansas State wins today, they might be without their leading scorer. And they're already a limited team offensively. Cincinnati has been great defensively, but like K-State, they're extremely limited offensively.

Considering Kentucky will be favored in each game they play (even against Cincinnati IMO), and considering they'll likely be playing in front of mostly Kentucky fans, it's hard not to love their chances.

Unless UK has "one of those days" shooting the ball, they're going to the Final Four!

GBB!!!

60-70% but I would I would of thought that even if UK was playing Virgina. They didn’t scare me. It’s a battle once you get to the Elite 8.
Get there and see what happens

Pretty confident. Think we take care of business next game. Then you know Cincy will talk trash before game if we play them. Buffalo learned all about that and Cal hates Cronin already anyway. Would rather play Cincy than Illinois Chicago. That nun scares me.

Pretty confident, considering the games are in Catlanta. Whatever combination ends up there, they will probably have about 10% of the fans in that arena (5% of those will go to Cincy should they make it). If by some miracle Nevada and UMBC make it, we might have all but 16 fans in that arena.

Here’s where I’m at:

(1): Cal is the best tourney coach in the land. He doesn’t get upset like K, or Self, and we have pretty much always performed at or above our seed line.

(2): We are playing as well as any team in the tournament.

(3): We may be inexperienced, but we are the most talented team left.

—> 90%.

I think Cal will coach circles around Cronin. Besides, Cincy is one of those grind it out physical style teams. That works great in the American conference but once push comes to shove (i.e., you play a team who is not only much taller than you but also far superior athletically) the physical stuff goes by the wayside.

Go back and watch Memphis v. UCLA in the 2008 NCAA tournament for a preview of what Cal will employ stylistically should we face Cincy. Howland has his a** handed to him. We don’t necessarily have a D-Rose (SGA doesn’t seem far off the way he’s playing), but Cincy ain’t exactly led by Westbrook and Love either.

Oh, and we will run KSU/UMBC out of the gym. So that game is irrelevant to me. I would imagine 75% of Cal’s prep of the team will be focused on Cincy.
I am not surprised in the least that Calipari is getting the best out of our team at tournament time. If the path to the FF is through Kansas State and Cincinnati, we have a pretty good shot at it.

80% If we would have a crew who would call games right down the middle not a crew of Cal haters 100%
If we have to play UNCheats in final 4 you know Higgins will be waiting and it will be 8 vs. 5.
Just wrong to take away our boys dreams but basketball is corrupt as hell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT