ADVERTISEMENT

Moving forward as fans

Jan 26, 2003
I love a lot of the discussion on this board but there are so many on here that already knows this guy can’t shoot (Knox, Richmond and Fland), that guy is too raw (Cyril), this guy is too young (Quaintance) this guy will take 3 years before contributing (Perry). Our record will be 17-15

Let’s go back to last year and remember the things that were being said. Sheppard will take 2-3 years to contribute, Dillingham can’t shoot, Bradshaw will never play a game in a UK uniform. Edwards will be our best freshman. We won’t be able to score.

Then, after all of those were proven false, UK finally has a team to get #9. We see that was also false.

And if we had the exact same roster as NC State, Iowa St or Clemson, all of the prognosticators on this board would have us only winning 10 games much less be in the Sweet 16 like those teams.

We will get a transfer or two, a few current players will stay and we will see how each of these freshman play. If the season turns bad, I think these last 5 years and especially the current situation will make next year Cal’s last. This meeting with Barnhart should lay that out so necessary changes that will have to be made.

As far as Cal goes. He has to adapt now. What he did from 2009-2017 worked great. It doesn’t work now. He better master a new method now or his time will be over next year.

I’m one that wants to make the coaching change now but that isn’t happening it don’t look like. So, as a fan, all I can do is cheer for the team and hope for the best.

I won’t support Cal but I will support these players. It doesn’t mean I want Kentucky to fail I just still think it’s best we move on. I hope I’m wrong and everyone else probably does also. I hope Cal and Kentucky win the championship next year. But I will not get my hopes up until Cal can prove he can win and make a very deep run when it matters most

Give Calipari Clemson or NC State's roster and he does not make the sweet 16. May not make the tournament.
Not going to argue that. I don’t want him here either. However, we really have no idea if we will win a lot of games or lose a lot of games next year

Will always support our team. I never want us to lose to force a coaching change. I’ve done that with my pro teams and it feels dirty.

I think if we either win the title/make the FF, Cal might opt to leave on his own on a “high note.” Mediocrity and say an SECT semifinal appearance and Sweet 16 might lead to his return in 2025-26, and a bad season where we either miss the dance completely or sneak in as a 10 seed and lose the first game probably will result in a coaching change.

I’m just gonna let it play put and see what happens, because that’s all I can do as a regular ole fan.

Reactions: WV Wildcat
We will name this season….

The Last Dance

Because I think Cal is gone either way. If he loses he will be fired or retire, but if he wins it all I still think he retires.

I know... Crazy how he has won 800+ games and taking 3 different schools to the final 4, just craziness..
Exactly. The last 5 years hasn’t worked though. He has to be willing to make changes.

Do what Saban did. He liked ball control offense and dominant defense. When he saw that wouldn’t work anymore, he changed his philosophy. Cal has to willing to change his methods too

Kentucky doesn't get a dime from me until Cal is gone. And if he coaches next season, then add Mitch to that list until he is gone.

I understand why it's incredibly hard for people to not go to games at Rupp, but it's really the only civil weapon the fans have. Simply by attending you're affirming Mitch's decision and supporting Cal. But it's your dime, not mine.

I hope some good signs get snuck into Rupp next year. And there's nothing that says you can't cheer the team and boo Cal at the same time.

I love a lot of the discussion on this board but there are so many on here that already knows this guy can’t shoot (Knox, Richmond and Fland), that guy is too raw (Cyril), this guy is too young (Quaintance) this guy will take 3 years before contributing (Perry). Our record will be 17-15

Let’s go back to last year and remember the things that were being said. Sheppard will take 2-3 years to contribute, Dillingham can’t shoot, Bradshaw will never play a game in a UK uniform. Edwards will be our best freshman. We won’t be able to score.

Then, after all of those were proven false, UK finally has a team to get #9. We see that was also false.

And if we had the exact same roster as NC State, Iowa St or Clemson, all of the prognosticators on this board would have us only winning 10 games much less be in the Sweet 16 like those teams.

We will get a transfer or two, a few current players will stay and we will see how each of these freshman play. If the season turns bad, I think these last 5 years and especially the current situation will make next year Cal’s last. This meeting with Barnhart should lay that out so necessary changes that will have to be made.

As far as Cal goes. He has to adapt now. What he did from 2009-2017 worked great. It doesn’t work now. He better master a new method now or his time will be over next year.

I’m one that wants to make the coaching change now but that isn’t happening it don’t look like. So, as a fan, all I can do is cheer for the team and hope for the best.
I want watch one game next year I have more important stuff to do than waste my time on this blow hard coach that blames fans and players for his loser ass unbelievable 10 million for this garbage

Here's a pretty simple question.

Do you think the 24-25 roster will be better than the 23-24 roster?

If you don't, and not many do, why would you expect a better result?
This has been the argument all year and the answer is many of us don’t expect this year to be any better. But what can we do about it? Mitch has the final say

I am just waiting around to see what comes from this supposed Cal/Mitch meeting, then I am checking out for awhile. I don't have it in me to focus on the who will stay/who will go/who is in the portal stuff this summer. I will always watch UK bball, but expectations and hope will be very low.

Honestly, in sports, you don’t know what to expect the majority of the time. Unfortunately, for me, I always expect UK to make it farther than they do most of the time.

I’m just saying that we don’t have control and all we can do is cheer for our team and hope they do well.

Honestly, in sports, you don’t know what to expect the majority of the time. Unfortunately, for me, I always expect UK to make it farther than they do most of the time.

I’m just saying that we don’t have control and all we can do is cheer for our team and hope they do well.
Cheer, yes. But I'm not sure support (butts in seats) can be justified.

Will always support our team. I never want us to lose to force a coaching change. I’ve done that with my pro teams and it feels dirty.

I think if we either win the title/make the FF, Cal might opt to leave on his own on a “high note.” Mediocrity and say an SECT semifinal appearance and Sweet 16 might lead to his return in 2025-26, and a bad season where we either miss the dance completely or sneak in as a 10 seed and lose the first game probably will result in a coaching change.

I’m just gonna let it play put and see what happens, because that’s all I can do as a regular ole fan.
Seems to be the most rational prediction.

Reactions: MegaBlue05

24-25 team will have to be significantly better than this year, and the odds of that happening are pretty slim. IMO

John wall is not walking through that door, Demarcus Cousins is not walking through that door, D’Arron Fox is not walking through that door….

Reactions: March 22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT