ADVERTISEMENT

Here's hoping Briscoe & Lee announce they're both returning today.

Briscoe showed a lot of toughness last year driving to the basket...We need that this year.

And Lee, I could watch him dunk all day. He's good at that.

Reactions: Bkocats
I know Isaiah has another workout scheduled for today.
I don't think we'll hear anything until tomorrow, which is the deadline
Really hoping both return

Let me run this by you albeit very very hypothetical...i wonder if some of these teams...maybe they dont like Cal or UK or maybe like Duke or have an agenda...what if they give Briscoe false info just to keep him hopeful enough to stay in the draft. Then nobody takes him and he is screwed..do you think that ever happens? Not just woth our guys but in general....thoughts?

Let me run this by you albeit very very hypothetical...i wonder if some of these teams...maybe they dont like Cal or UK or maybe like Duke or have an agenda...what if they give Briscoe false info just to keep him hopeful enough to stay in the draft. Then nobody takes him and he is screwed..do you think that ever happens? Not just woth our guys but in general....thoughts?

Dumb, just like all of your posts

No. What is more likely is that Briscoe and Lee don't like the way Cal used them at UK and are looking for any reason to go. Briscoe saying he won't go if he wasn't a first rounder was bs. When you don't get invited to the damn combine, you should be able to figure out that you aren't going to be a first rounder.

NBA teams have no other agenda but to win. Winning puts fans in the seats and money in their pockets. They couldn't care less where a player came from, they could be from the moon as long as they help their team. Briscoe and Lee are doing exactly what their coach suggested that they do and test the waters to see if there is any interest in them. It appears as though they have the choice to play for free next year or to play for a minuscule check in the NBADL. How happy they are in their present situation will dictate whether or not they return.

Reactions: brianpoe
No. What is more likely is that Briscoe and Lee don't like the way Cal used them at UK and are looking for any reason to go. Briscoe saying he won't go if he wasn't a first rounder was bs. When you don't get invited to the damn combine, you should be able to figure out that you aren't going to be a first rounder.

Cal has straight up called out Briscoe -- saying last season: "I can't hide you." Seems like Briscoe wants to play PG so he can "hide" his shot -- and just pass and penetrate. There's no way -- if Briscoe comes back -- that Briscoe plays PG unless Fox is on the bench.

if this were college, I wouldn't be horribly surprised given the negative recruiting that's happened
I just don't see it in the NBA - they have much more at stake. Not to mention the negative press it would generate should something like that get out. A large part of that, too - and we've seen it - is that Kentucky effect. How many of our guys were drafted higher, or even drafted at all, due to playing under Cal? That's something that's been discussed on this board several times.
I get where you're going with that, though

Ok..let me rephrase...mature responses needed..Jfcats22
if this were college, I wouldn't be horribly surprised given the negative recruiting that's happened
I just don't see it in the NBA - they have much more at stake. Not to mention the negative press it would generate should something like that get out. A large part of that, too - and we've seen it - is that Kentucky effect. How many of our guys were drafted higher, or even drafted at all, due to playing under Cal? That's something that's been discussed on this board several times.
I get where you're going with that, though
Bev. You are just too nice.

Reactions: ganner918

There's a lot of bad info fed to these kids, but it's not because of bias.

Generally it's because a lot of people have dollar signs in their eyes. How many uncles, cousins, old friends, friends of friends, distant relatives appear out of nowhere during this process? I'd say the amount of sunshine pumping that goes on about their ability is staggering and incessant.

Another reason many of them end up making poor decisions and are delusional about who they are as players. So easy to poison the well when millions of dollars are at stake.

Reactions: brianpoe
as I've said all along. I don't think Briscoe will be back. Too much potential. reminds me of Eric Manual. may go to D league. If I'm wrong I'll buy season tickets to the womens team next season.o_O

You conspiracy guys are crazy.

NBA doesn't give a crap about coaches and/or colleges. Not to mention that would be pretty low to potentially ruin a kids future by telling him something untrue that could cause a bad decision.

This is ridiculous.

I agree that Briscoe would rather play in the D league than come back.

It'd be ashamed if he didn't come back though!

He'd be better off at UK and UK would be much better off to have him back!

Reactions: Bkocats
UMM that is idiotic. The people in charge would lose all credibility if so.

I sure hope that Briscoe comes back. It would be wise for Lee to just to the point of finishing his degree and then being able to move on. Be he has openly sought to stay in and Overseas is an option for him that he is fine with.

I feel that Briscoe wants to go. I think his choices are this year very late 2nd round to undrafted this year or first round early second next year. To me that is a no brainer, but he makes the right decision for him.

Reactions: ganner918

I would say, that it is more like, teams saying we really like you as a prospect, and you are really high on our draft board. Then the prospect takes that as a we will draft you if available when our pick comes around. When, a few other prospects have to be off the board for them to actually pick the prospect. The problem is these lists are constantly being updated, and when it comes time to pick, these teams are going to pick the player they see as the best fit for their team regardless of what they have told prospects during workouts.

The NBA teams are going to do what is best for them as far as they see it. Of course they want Briscoe in the pool, because it deepens the pool with talented prospects. If all Briscoe needs is information that he will be drafted, then he will get that, and be gone. Somebody will take him in the second round, because after the first few picks, the talent gap becomes smaller and smaller.

These guys continue to ask NBA guys for feedback. I think it's time they ask Cal what they need to do to improve enough to go first round next year. Neither one is expected to be drafted this year. Come on back, guys. You've got rings, banners, diplomas, and better draft potential ahead for next year.

What is more likely is that Briscoe and Lee don't like the way Cal used them at UK and are looking for any reason to go.
Really? Cal never gave Briscoe and Lee a chance to demonstrate their abilities while at UK? The only player I ever saw in Cal's career at UK at not giving a 1st year player the chance to reach his full potential was Ulis.

I see Lee for what he is and what he's always been. A player with length, who can dunk (who can't at 6'9?), occasionally will run the floor and block a shot. He can't shoot, has bad hands, no offensive moves, fouls too much (reaches) and can't hit a FT.

Sorry to be so honest - we do need bodies this year and maybe he can learn to just concentrate on what he does well and hustle - good student and a good attitude.

I can see disagreeing with a poster, but why be downright mean? We are all part of BBN, warts an all.

If you think everyone on here is really a UK fan, you haven't been around long enough. I'm not talking about the people who identify themselves as fans of other teams either.

<---- has UMM on ignore
<---- has no friggin idea what anyone in here is talking about
<---- suggests everyone puts his stupid ass on ignore as well

I agree, except that his posts are so over the top stupid every time it brings a small laugh to my day.

I don't think the NBA is worried about fooling anyone in the NCAA. They might be blowing some smoke to try to get another NBA foe to bite on a potentially bad pick, or distract from the kid they really plan to draft, maybe... ?

There is a gunman at the grassy knoll.

e04.jpg

Lots of times these kids get it in their mind they are gonna stay in draft no matter what...may be the case with Briscoe

Reactions: UKvisitor
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT