ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkins Appreciation Thread

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
I know there's a thread on Hump and Hawk but Hawkins deserves his own personal thread. Dom kept us in that first half and gave us confidence when it looked like UCLA was the more confident team IMO.

He hit 3 huge 3's and atleast one floater. He's playing the best basketball of his career at the end of it. What he's done the last few weeks has been something special. I just hope he gets the story book ending that he DESERVES. Hawkins has fought hard for 4 years and has been a model student and teammate even when he was never the one getting the praise.

I hope Dom continues his hot streak. We are going to need him.

Red%20Tailed%20Hawk%20Front-3-4%20LEFT-840.jpg

Dom is a good example of what players gain by going to U.K., even if they don't get a lot of game playing time. In an interview within the last few weeks, Dom said something like, "The most competitive basketball I've ever played in my life was practice time against Tyler Ulis."

Dom is a great kid, and a GREAT - not just "good", but "GREAT" college basketball player. Oh, what might have been over the last couple of years.

I enthusiastically join in the congratulations offered to Dom in this thread. Way to go, Dom ! ! !

I know there's a thread on Hump and Hawk but Hawkins deserves his own personal thread. Dom kept us in that first half and gave us confidence when it looked like UCLA was the more confident team IMO.

He hit 3 huge 3's and atleast one floater. He's playing the best basketball of his career at the end of it. What he's done the last few weeks has been something special. I just hope he gets the story book ending that he DESERVES. Hawkins has fought hard for 4 years and has been a model student and teammate even when he was never the one getting the praise.

I hope Dom continues his hot streak. We are going to need him.
And Willis and Mulder

Hawkins is showing us his game that he's developed over his 4 years at UK, playing against NBA talent. It's paid HUGE dividends for the young man, and UK.

He's a terrific kid and I'm so happy for him. The fact he's from my hometown makes it even sweeter.

I hope he gets to play for a title and helps us bring home # 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawkins and Willis combined for 19. That's huge for this team.

Hawkins held the team together during a very, very shaky period in the first half. Very happy for him.

Hawkins giving us Sr leadership and making plays. He has risen to the occasion the entire post-season.

Playing great!!

Reactions: awf
Hawkins has made all of us proud. And, not only did he keep us in the game with his shooting but let's not forget his tenacious defense. How would you like to have Hawkins dogging you all over the court the way he does? Guy has been playing amazing down the stretch and he and the team deserve a special finish to this season. C'mon, Hawk, let's get this done and bring home #9. Love to see him flashing that smile in Rupp for a championship celebration.

Reactions: bballcat4
Hawkins has made all of us proud. And, not only did he keep us in the game with his shooting but let's not forget his tenacious defense. How would you like to have Hawkins dogging you all over the court the way he does? Guy has been playing amazing down the stretch and he and the team deserve a special finish to this season. C'mon, Hawk, let's get this done and bring home #9. Love to see him flashing that smile in Rupp for a championship celebration.
Chuck Norris wears Dominique Hawkins pajamas!

Dom is a good example of what players gain by going to U.K., even if they don't get a lot of game playing time. In an interview within the last few weeks, Dom said something like, "The most competitive basketball I've ever played in my life was practice time against Tyler Ulis."

Dom is a great kid, and a GREAT - not just "good", but "GREAT" college basketball player. Oh, what might have been over the last couple of years.

I enthusiastically join in the congratulations offered to Dom in this thread. Way to go, Dom ! ! !
I'd like to take this time to point out how much I hate when AutoCorrect turns my UK into U.K.

Reactions: TIE543
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT