ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves appreciation thread

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
I think given how the season ended, this may have gotten missed. Reeves (nicknamed by me last year as "ThReeves") had some really good games last year, but also probably too many bad games, capped by the season final last year where he was 1-15 (which CBS even showed during Thursdays game). So a lot were concerned with his streakiness, many even saying Reeves didn't play well during "Big Games" (Arkansas would disagree).
But Reeves was extremely good this year, not only shedding the streaky label, but also adding an amazing mid-range/paint game. I don't think I've seen any UK player with a better floater/runner game than he had this year as shown by his 55.7% 2pt FG%. That combined with his very good 44.7% 3pt% lead to an over 50% overall FG% which is rare for a perimeter player (even though we had 2, almost 3, do that this year). But Reeves showed up night-in and night-out this year; 20 times scoring 20+, 28 times 15+. His worst point total after mid-Dec was 13 vs TAMU when he fouled out after 18min.
Reeves also doubled his rebounding from last year, and increased his assists and steals by 50% each, while reducing his TOs.

I think, hope, his much improved mid-range game and becoming more consistent leads to a long pro career for Reeves.

One of my favorite players here. He just went pretty much every game and got buckets and produced. It’s sad we couldn’t make a run with him or Oscar.

Him and D. Lamb are two of my favorites. Guys who can buckets without being elite athletes.

Glad he came back. With that, he was also the man on this year's team.

Wishing and hoping he gets to play in the NBA and lives his dream.

Without Reeves both last year and this year's team may not of made the tournament.

Steady player who we could mostly count on getting a bucket.

By far the most important player on this years team!! He definitely deserves to be a first round pick in this year’s draft.

Reeves was outstanding. He carried this team. I will miss him in blue and white.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT